When will we know what Uncle Jerry is doing with Dak?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Going 'all in' should mean getting rid of the QB who can't compete against better competition. Philthy had no problem cutting ties with Wentz, nor did the Rams have an issue getting rid of Goff, both of whom helped take their respective franchises to a super bowl. But for some damn reason Dak is irreplaceable. Why?

Going all in should be about getting rid of people who aren't getting the job done, but what do I know.......

I'm just glad it isn't my problem to figure out. I don't give a crap what Jerry does any more. It will never be in the best interest of the franchise, so screw it, no need to be upset with it.
Didn't you hear? Getting rid of uncompetitive QBs is only a problem if the franchise is the Dallas Cowboys

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:laugh:

Funny how this mysterious person I don't know who you are talking about...won't quote Warner when he criticizes Dak.
That mysterious poster always double talks. I've seen that poster address another poster when they agree on something, the mysterious poster always say, "Yes, brother...you are right yada yada yada. Then a day later that same poster, the brother to the mysterious poster says something bad about Dak and then it's "You don't know what you are talking about, you never played football, don't make me make you sound stupid."

So, it went from brother to mother, I guess.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wanted to say that very thing. What does "all in" even mean?

In cards....you put all your credits in the pot with what you already have....right? But that might not be what old Jerry meant. He probably doesn't even know what he meant.
As I’ve already posted elsewhere, all in means he is going to part with the necessary up front 50m or so for restructuring. In his world, that’s a big deal and he wants his “credit” for doing so.

It does not mean the kid is going to suddenly be fine with spending big on free agents.

They do not at all recognize a problem with their strategy. They think too much of themselves, and chuckle at how dumb the rest of the league is.

I don’t even know what I WANT to happen because if and when they spend on notable free agents and it of course doesn’t work because it’s too little, too late…they literally may never do it again.

They needed to open the wallet two years ago but were too worried about later cap problems…which we are going to have anyway. Nice plan.

Sandyf

Reaction score
If Jerry is smart, the Dak extension or whatever should be done before start of the new NFL year that is March 13th. Will it? Knowing Jerry, he will slow the negotiations down and it will cost much more. Same with Lamb and/or Parsons.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Jerry is smart, the Dak extension or whatever should be done before start of the new NFL year that is March 13th. Will it? Knowing Jerry, he will slow the negotiations down and it will cost much more. Same with Lamb and/or Parsons.
If Jerry were smarter, he would find a way go get Dak out of here! While he's at it, ship big mouth Parsons out also!

RonWashington

Reaction score
Warner is a soft real soft ok I get it a paycheck is a paycheck.
Heck, he even said that Field is a franchise QB.
Can't listen to the timid and scared and Warner is one of them!

We must be listening to a different Warner. He does the the # 2 schtick on radio broadcasts like Romo & Olsen but he’s 10 times better . He actually calls out coaches & players .

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All I see in the future is more Stephen A laughing at the Cowboys, talking how Dak ain't going to No Superbowl...
Dak is not going to a SB. Put him on the Chiefs roster this coming season since his fans say he has no weapons and he still won't win a SB. He does not possess the mental fortitude when the pressure is on.

It does not even take a few months to train a dog to do tricks and this dude has been here eight years coming on nine. woof woof woof...but he does a lot of barking, and he is a good dancer on the field before games.

khiladi

Reaction score
No need to fret. Jerry will talk tough, but in the final hour he will cave and give Dak 75 mil a season and try to sell it as some sort of win-win situation for the franchise. Dak will be happy, might even proclaim his interest in super bowls again, then go right back to sucking against the top teams of the league.
Wrong.. he’ll start sucking against the bad teams too, as the bad teams will have gotten better and the players that were covering for Dak will have gotten older or moved on..

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak Haters
Born April 2016
Died Feb 2024

Coroners Statement:
Death by Micah Parsons :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

khiladi

Reaction score
Wentz didn't lead the league in td passes and wasn't 2nd in the mvp voting.
1 vote…. Had 5 INTs his last 5 games.. played the worst secondaries in the league 2 times a year.. 8 of his TDs came against the Commanders..

And Jason Garrett was coach of the year….

khiladi

Reaction score
Warner said a few years ago when watching film on Dak he doesn't know where to go with the ball. He had to back track on those comments probably because he the NFL is all about making money and players are supposed to support players. But you can't take back the truth. Now we have people on here claiming Dak needs this and Dak needs that. Dak will never have the supporting cast of SF because he's taking all the money. Daks a money hungry bum who turns into a pumpkin under bright lights.
This is what I think happened. After the 49ers game this year, Dak was literally a laughing stock. Suddenly everybody started apologizing and making excuses for him, before MM completely changed his play calling, dumbing it down even more.

rambo2

Reaction score
1 vote…. Had 5 INTs his last 5 games.. played the worst secondaries in the league 2 times a year.. 8 of his TDs came against the Commanders..

And Jason Garrett was coach of the year….
He plays against the same teams that everybody else does.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Any ideas folks what the time frame would look like for us down to Earth Cowboy fans on what our GM is doing with Dak?
Yes, there is still hope in our hearts.
Is March the month anyone??????????????
which extreme do you consider to not be "down to earth"?