Where are the Pac supporters now?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
With some of the transgressions that go on with NFL players around the league within their personal lives, it's pretty petty the way they signal Pac out imo. I can't tell you the number of domestic abuse charges I have seen witness to involving just the Green Bay Packers, for example since I live here, over the years, let alone other NFL teams which I'm sure is happening their too. Throw your girlfriend over a couch, beat her, hit a fan in a nightclub, etc, etc - nothing. Be someone called Pac-man or a Dallas Cowboy though, don't breath wrong or I'll getcha!!!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I was leary, but I supported Pacman. I wasn't happy with his play...he was very aggressive against the run and was making lots of tackles, but his pass coverage was weak, probably from a year of inactivity.

At this point, I'm ready to cut him loose, but there's no rush to do so...he's costing us nothing during the suspension, not even a roster spot, I don't believe, so we should hold onto him until we see where Newman is and how the rookies are playing...if all goes as well as I think it will, I'd cut Pacman later...we don't need him, and there's no reason to waste a roster spot on a guy who will clearly be facing a permanent ban from the NFL for any future infraction...that's assuming he even gets back this year.

I do support the man...If what we've read is true, it seems he's another person when drinking, and I hope he gets into a program and gives up drinking altogether.

However, it was a worthwhile gamble, and I think it turned out okay with us because we have an owner who didn't let the Pacman signing affect his draft plans, getting us two CBs who can play. Pacman helped us get to 4-2 while newman wasn't playing much, and he allowed our rookies to be brought along slowly. That deal also provided us with an extra draft pick for next year.

Nothing ventured; nothing gained. Unlike some others and maybe JJ, I would never make him part of the roster again, not because what he did was so awful, but because he is facing permanent termination from the NFL...I would not waste the roster spot.

I do hope the kid gets his life together, and I won't feel bad if he gets another chance and stars for some other team down the road...just not us.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2341372 said:
The difference is that hes been arrested multiple times and has gotten no suspension whatsoever. If you don't understand the double standard then no one can help you.

What were the rules of his reinstatement? Do you even know?

Randy Moss has been arrested multiple times in the two years Goodell has been commish? Huh...I don't recall all those arrests. In fact the only thing I remember him having, since Minny, was that assualt thing that turned out to be bogus.

The vast majority, in fact all but that one thing that I can remember (and if I missed some other instances since Roger took over or the league took a harder line approach to off the field issues my appologies), happened under Paul who apparently didn't do much, at all, when people got in trouble off the field.

Adam Jones has been in trouble multiple times, served a one year suspension, and still couldn't keep himself out of trouble.

I do know that Adam Jones was TOLD, more than once, that part of the conditions of his reinstatement was that he complied, fully, with his probation. Part of the terms of his probation was to not be out drinking. What happens? He goes out, drinks, and gets into a fun scuffle, if that's what people want to refer to it as, and that broke his probation. You know what that means? It means he broke the terms and conditions of his reinstatement.

It's really not that hard to understand. The fact that you can't is alarming. The league isn't out to get Adam Jones. The moron keeps getting himself cause he's not smart enough to STOP SCREWING UP.

His fault. No one elses.

TEUFELI;2341376 said:
HA!

That comment is so ridiculous, I cant even attack it! A cheating coach that takes pride in running up the score and being absolutely classless, an NFL disrespecting reciever, an arrogant qb who yells and curses at one of the old true NFL gentlemen Marty Shot, wow....WOW...I dont know how to respond either Fuzzy, other than just direct a SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH towards Braveheart.

That's it? That's your comeback? That's your logic? Bill cheated, and ran up scores, so Adam Jones should be allowed to break the terms of his reinstatement because he plays for Dallas?

Tom Brady is arrogant so that means that Adam Jones is being railroaded? Where exactly does it say, anywhere, that Tom Brady can't be arrogant or he's going to get suspended? Cause it's been made VERY clear to Adam, by both his probation and Roger, that he CAN'T break the terms or conditions of either or he's getting suspended again. Yet, the clueless moron, went right out and did just that. Broke those rules. What's so hard to understand about that?

The fact that people are using the Patriots, who by all accounts have been found to have broken the rules one time and they took their penalties for that (although, yes, I thought the penalties could have been stiffer), as a reason that Adam Jones is being treated unfairly are just being babies.

The Patriots on the field screw ups have nothing to do, at all, with Adam Jones continuing to screw up off the field and continuing to break the rules of his probation and his league reinstatement.

I honestly think that this is only this hard for some to understand cause he plays for Dallas. If he still played for the Titans neither one of you would have such a hard time grasping the fact that he's an idiot who can't simply stay out of trouble.

The guy was told that he could not break any part of his probation or his reinstatement would be taken away. The league didn't put the no drinking in his probation, a judge or someone in the law did that.

What did he do? He went out, did some drinking, did his thing, got himself in trouble, and now he's suspended again.

If the guy would take a look in the mirror and realise that these things are of his own doing, and smarten up, he wouldn't be in these situations.

juck

Reaction score
With Newman as soft as he is and Henry sucking,Pac is needed on this team.My sig says it all.Crazy world the guy cant even have a private fight with a friend,sad.Pac is a product of the media and Goodell flashing his badge.The media is bad for sports including boards.Yes I am guilty typing in one.

WarC

Reaction score
ninja;2340473 said:
How would you like to be fired from your job because you drank some alcohol and got into a fight with a friend after work hours at a hotel? I'm guessing you'd be calling a lawyer claiming unlawful firing.

My job doesn't pay me $47,000 a week and come with celebrity status and a starring role in an HBO documentary.

I'm not representing a professional sports team and I'm not a public role model for an entire league and a franchise known across the world.

I work a 9-5 for meagre pay that puts me at the poverty line.

You really can't compare an average joe's job to that of an NFL super star. It's like comparing a 1991 chevrolet cavalier to a bugatti veyron.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
juckie;2341917 said:
With Newman as soft as he is and Henry sucking,Pac is needed on this team.My sig says it all.Crazy world the guy cant even have a private fight with a friend,sad.

If he'd done that, without the drinking, then he probably wouldn't have gotten more than a game, if anything.

The drinking is what got him in trouble, as everyone has pretty much indicated now since his suspension, because it broke terms of his probation.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
WarC;2341920 said:
My job doesn't pay me $47,000 a week and come with celebrity status and a starring role in an HBO documentary.

I'm not representing a professional sports team and I'm not a public role model for an entire league and a franchise known across the world.

I work a 9-5 for meagre pay that puts me at the poverty line.

You really can't compare an average joe's job to that of an NFL super star. It's like comparing a 1991 chevrolet cavalier to a bugatti veyron.

Not to mention you're not on probation with one of the terms of said probation being NO drinking. I can't understand, at all, why this is such a hard concept to grasp for some.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2341917 said:
With Newman as soft as he is and Henry sucking,Pac is needed on this team.My sig says it all.Crazy world the guy cant even have a private fight with a friend,sad.Pac is a product of the media and Goodell flashing his badge.The media is bad for sports including boards.Yes I am guilty typing in one.

you should change it to reinstate pacman......he's not in jail......

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Who the hell cares where they are. Whats this post prove? Not a damn thing.

Pacs a turd. That does not make the fans that wanted him here losers. It makes them fans that were crapped on by Pacman.

Then you have idiots coming here posting things like "wheres the pacman fans now???" like you are some sort of all mighty god that knew something. Get a clue, you dont know anything more then the rest of us. You just have a more self inflated ego then the rest of us. If anyones a loser here its the Cowboys and the Cowboys fans. Which includes you. This is no more then infighting within the family. And you want a cookie like you did something.

For the record, I did not like the signing, but I did figure he would fly straight knowing this was his last shot. he blew it and wont ever play again this year, maybe never again period. His loss, but the Cowboys are the ones paying for his mistake.

Anyone that can take any pride in this is a (Blank). You just took a black eye and your crowing? Thats kinda like putting a big old dance on cause you scored a TD, but your now down 67- 7. Pointless, a waste of time and really not classy at all.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I supported Pacman coming here, then immediatly leaving after visiting his good buddy Deion. But, once it was obvious he was signing here I decided to at least give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all done now and I would like to see him leaving Dallas via some extreme cutting (maybe take Deion with him).

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2341757 said:
With some of the transgressions that go on with NFL players around the league within their personal lives, it's pretty petty the way they signal Pac out imo. I can't tell you the number of domestic abuse charges I have seen witness to involving just the Green Bay Packers, for example since I live here, over the years, let alone other NFL teams which I'm sure is happening their too. Throw your girlfriend over a couch, beat her, hit a fan in a nightclub, etc, etc - nothing. Be someone called Pac-man or a Dallas Cowboy though, don't breath wrong or I'll getcha!!!

Adam Jones was in trouble with the law before he ever became a Dallas Cowboy. He was in trouble before he ever joined the NFL. There is not anti-Dallas sentiment going on here. It is all about Pacman and his troubled past.

I do think that this current situation is not that big of a deal we were allowed to look at as an single event. Jerry Jones has the luxury to look at it as a single event because that is all Jones has done as a Cowboy. That is why he did not pursue disciplinary action by team standards. The league however cannot look at it as individual event because Adam Jones has a history of being in trouble. His probation was based on his past actions and he failed to meet the strict criteria and live up to those standards. Even if we are allowed to look at this as a one time incident, it still is not good. There are 52 other guys on the roster and none of them got into an altercation with another person in the last couple of weeks.

Adam Jones is being treated differently and he brought it on himself. Why should he be held to the same standard as everyone else when he has failed over and over again to live up to those same standards? You don't lower the standards for a guy like that. You make them stricter or you just get rid of him. That is what the NFL has done and should do. If he wants to play he has to do it cleaner and better than nearly everyone else in the league. That does not seem like too harsh a punishment to continue playing in the NFL. It is better that not getting to play at all.