Where are you on the Cowboys fan anger meter today?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am usually at a 6 minimum in the Garrett era. Before the game I was down to a 2 or 3. Happiest I have been as a fan in a while. Since Saturday I have gotten worse. The outcome was so predictable (McVey dramatically out coaching Garrett) but I just did not want to see it.

That Linehan is still with the Cowboys and the old drunk has not come out and provided some direction for next year has me back at a 10.

This roster is too good to waste on that coaching staff. The window is 3 years. No more.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What anger? I was positive for weeks and thought we had a shot but overall we ended up where we have for years so it’s more resignation sadly! This goes back to why people actually wanted losses at 3-5. Your damned in the end with these things because it feels like ground hog day

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Probably at a 9.

Still disappointed with our loss on Saturday. We have so much talent on our team that was capable of defeating the Rams on Saturday and watching them lose just made me angry. Coaches nor players tried that game (besides Gallup, Coop, and (debatable) Dak), and it made me ask myself, What is the point of even going to the post season every other year just to lose out?

Possibility of Linehan still being there has also disappointed me. I'm not a fan of coach Garrett, but I honestly wouldn't mind keeping him if it meant Linehan being gone. They better do something quick about him because if he's staying I'm not going to stick around and watch another talented Dallas team lose because the owners' and the coaches' ignorance and vanilla play calling.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not angry anymore. As I've gotten older, I don't sweat the small stuff.

But, to answer your question, if SL is kept around, my apathetic attitude towards the team will continue with a slight shoulder shrug. I won't let this team disappoint me anymore. I'm in the "show me" phase.

EDIT: They had a really good finish to the season so there is some light there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was angry a long time ago. That has passed.

Now it just feels hopeless.

The organization believes in Garrett so much that they are willing to keep bringing him back.

He's had veteran teams.. He's had young teams. He's had every kind of team imaginable and he just doesn't get the job done.

We don't have a first round pick and the Cowboys won't do much in Free Agency.

You look at the final 4 teams remaining and those are probably the 4 most respected coaches in the NFL.

Belichick, Reid, PAyton, and McVay.

We're playing checkers and these other teams are playing chess.

We're capped with Garrett's philosophies and at some point we will run into a team that has equal or better talent in the playoffs and the edge the other team will have in coaching will be our undoing.

There is no excitement headed into next season with another year of Garrett.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I was angry a long time ago. That has passed.

Now it just feels hopeless.

The organization believes in Garrett so much that they are willing to keep bringing him back.

He's had veteran teams.. He's had young teams. He's had every kind of team imaginable and he just doesn't get the job done.

We don't have a first round pick and the Cowboys won't do much in Free Agency.

You look at the final 4 teams remaining and those are probably the 4 most respected coaches in the NFL.

Belichick, Reid, PAyton, and McVay.

We're playing checkers and these other teams are playing chess.

We're capped with Garrett's philosophies and at some point we will run into a team that has equal or better talent in the playoffs and the edge the other team will have in coaching will be our undoing.

There is no excitement headed into next season with another year of Garrett.
I agree with most. However, I feel this roster can fight and overcome what they don’t get from the coaching.

We are young and we have plenty of talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The days of getting angry over sports teams have long passed - especially the Cowboys.

Yeah.. They just don't care so it's hard for me to care if the guys running the team don't value real coaching and will accept an average coach.

Dallas has to be so elite talent wise that I just don't think the stars will ever align that perfect.

Everyone knew going into the year that the offensive scheme and lack of creativity was a huge problem and fortunately the defense went from mediocre to a top 5 unit and carried us through the season but the offense was still garbage all year.

These teams left throw the kitchen sink at you. They do everything possible to keep the defense on their heels. Dallas plays in a phone booth.

Flamma

Reaction score
What anger? I was positive for weeks and thought we had a shot but overall we ended up where we have for years so it’s more resignation sadly! This goes back to why people actually wanted losses at 3-5. Your damned in the end with these things because it feels like ground hog day

Same for me too. Back in the late 70s, early 80s I was constantly angry because I expected the Cowboys to win it every year. That stopped in the mid to late 80s. Now since 1997 the only times I was angry or extremely disappointed was '07, '14, and '16.

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
5. Not angry. Gotten over Saturday and now looking back. Enjoyed the ride. Won a playoff game this year, so better outcome than I though with the start we had. Disappointed for sure, but overall positive. Feels like the 91 cowboys to me. Not quite there yet, but hopeful

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say more apathetic than angry. I find that I'm caring less and less and spending less time and certainly less money on something I'm getting less and less enjoyment out of.

But since the game, it hasn't been good to hear about how the Rams knew our tendencies - that we didn't ourselves - and knew what was coming "90% of the time". And hearing Garrett talk about "not expecting staff changes" only to then hear Stephen Jones publicly correcting him.

Apathy is growing.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am at a 10. This franchise is being run by the Cleveland Browns, the only thing that explains not cleaning house and getting rid of these clown coaches.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not angry. I'm just very disappointed. I guess I had higher hopes for this team. You would think I would be used to the disappointment by now!! But, every year, hope springs eternal!! Not sure how many more years I can endure the disappointments. I hope it never comes to the point where I am just complacent about the Cowboys....I have friends that are that way now. I don't want to be!! Here's hoping to a better season next year!! :)

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Same for me too. Back in the late 70s, early 80s I was constantly angry because I expected the Cowboys to win it every year. That stopped in the mid to late 80s. Now since 1997 the only times I was angry or extremely disappointed was '07, '14, and '16.

Yup, crying after losses in 70s and 80s because expected SB...now...shrug after another disappointment