Where does Dak rank among all time Cowboy great QBs?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He could win several.
In.....

la-la-land-dance.gif

plasticman

Reaction score
I'll let you know when his career is over.

Is it really fair to compare a partial career to full careers?

Of course, we could compare Dak to the first five seasons of their careers. That would be from 2016 to 2020

After five seasons Roger Staubach was a super bowl MVP. Ditto for Troy Aikman who can add a 2nd Super Bowl ring after only 5 seasons.

Danny White was the backup to Staubach during his first four seasons. he did start once during those four seasons and the Cowboys won. In 1978, a Super Bowel season, he came into a playoff game when Staubach got hurt and they came from behind to win.

Danny was the starter in his fifth season in which they Cowboys reached the conference championship game but lost.

That's three Cowboys quarterbacks in their first five seasons that took their teams deeper in the playoffs than Dak Prescott in his first five seasons.

Having said that, we have entirely different circumstances here. In the previous three examples, none of them had the form of free agency and salary caps that restrict teams from building long term.

Still....

I rank Dak fourth for now and creeping up to Danny White.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's no way in hell it will happen but if Dak somehow manages to win 5 rings as a Cowboy, Staubach and Aikman would get filed away into the memory banks. Good thing for Roger and Troy this has an almost zero chance of coming true. Pigs will fly before Dak wins 5 rings.
What other predictions you have?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now Dak is a solid #5 behind Roger, Troy, Danny and Dandy Don.. Before this year I would have ranked him behind Romo but frankly he done passed Romo up and is closing on Dandy.. Still to move past Danny White he has to get deeper into the playoffs.. I know it's a team accomplishment but that's the criteria. If you just put up pretty numbers and never win anything.. you're just Tony Romo with a better body..
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now #3 behind Troy and Roger.
That can change when he's done.

Last edited:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Such a QBWR friendly NFL in the last 10 years from when the others were QBs.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak will be the All-time best in Cowboys history should he make retirement. He hasn't even gotten started yet.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak story is still being written, I will gladly look back after all is said and done and be willing to rank him with other Cowboys QB as well as NFL QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you leave Meredith off your list, your list has zero credence.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Top 6 ...which is saying a lot

He has the offensive table set as well as Aikman did....maybe moreso.

He's not done yet either.
here's to hoping he helps lead us to a ring!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah he didn't win those Super Bowls. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Really? Let me guess....when someone points out Dallas QB's that won Super Bowls it's a team thing because Dak has yet to do it and you can't allow Dak's empty trophy case to work against him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Really? Let me guess....when someone points out Dallas QB's that won Super Bowls it's a team thing because Dak has yet to do it and you can't allow Dak's empty trophy case to work against him.

I mean did the football world imagine "The Triplette's" or maybe I didn't see several of those players go into the HOF....We know how you work, any other QB wins a game it was them, Dak wins its the team....news flash every QB that wins one is on a good team.. Tell me how have your Dak predictions gone so far, bet your down to hanging on to one thing "He can't win a SB"...that bag is getting heavy isn't it.