Where is everyone's fan meter?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Mine is at historical lows. The GB loss and the home beat down by an underdog Saints team has me at the lowest point in my life. The NFL as a whole sucks and their not so silent move into politics has me thinking I might cold turkey this whole thing.

Where are you folks at???

Blackrain

Reaction score
The desire to go out of my way and sacrifice time that I could be using to enjoy myself to watch this mismanaged team is becoming harder and harder to justify.

I'm tired of watching this substandard product that is manipulated to attract the casual fan and never really designed to win a super bowl.

We are always almost purposely kept a few players and a coach short of being able to compete deeply into the tournament.

Jerry is just happy to keep us rolling around the rim in the playoff hunt and relevant with the news media.

It's all just a game to entice casual fan DAk and CD both know they were getting their contracts and believe me Jerry let them know that he was going to carry it right after the end to get maximum news media exposure for the team everyone that needed to be aware was aware trust me.
Just another marketing ploy to get people talking about the Cowboys All talk and no substance

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Here is where I stand...I have not watched the first three games of the season for the first time in my entire life. Yes, I saw hi-lites I mean lo-lites but have not watched a single snap (live) this year. For transparency, the first 2 games were not in my market due to the Commandos and the Ravens game I was in Mexico. Didn't miss a thing and didn't waste money going to a sportsbar which is within walking distance of my house. Collateral damage? Sports bar loses out on my $$$

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
giphy.webp

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I’ve been watching Cowboys games since 1971, and there have been tons of ups and downs. I will always be a fan, and I don’t have a second favorite team. But I do love NFL games, and I watch a lot of non-Cowboys games.

This period sucks, but in time it will pass, hopefully sooner than later.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mine would be about mid high. I'm still very passionate about the team, but I'm also very angry with Jerry. That said, I'm still not at ditching, and it'll take a lot more for me to get there.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mine is at historical lows. The GB loss and the home beat down by an underdog Saints team has me at the lowest point in my life. The NFL as a whole sucks and their not so silent move into politics has me thinking I might cold turkey this whole thing.

Where are you folks at???
Mine is always at a 10. I don't like to waste time, it's not worth my time to get down on my team. I've been a fan through thick and thin....things are thin right now, but fatten up that hog and the Tamales will be amazing, one day. The sooner, the better.
Go Cowboys! And, yes....I'm a homer!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’ve been watching Cowboys games since 1971, and there have been tons of ups and downs. I will always be a fan, and I don’t have a second favorite team. But I do love NFL games, and I watch a lot of non-Cowboys games.

This period sucks, but in time it will pass, hopefully sooner than later.

Fan since 1999/2000 here, and I will always be a fan. Tbh though, my second and third teams would be the Broncos and Colts. There's a very obvious reason for this.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain this is just a lost season. McCarthy's chances of returning at this point are zero. We'll likely hire Belichick who hasn't done anything of note without the greatest QB of all-time playing for peanuts on his teams. The NFL as a whole has changed and it makes me sad. I long for the days where teams ran the ball and played defense instead of the pitch and catch game it has become. Don't hit people too hard, that's a flag.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have and will always be a fan of the Cowboys. I am way to old to change that now. But I really couldn't care less about this team this year. I have watched Redzone a lot more this year than the Cowboy games. I still love football and enjoy watching the game within the game but the current state of the Cowboys is depressing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mine is always at a 10. I don't like to waste time, it's not worth my time to get down on my team. I've been a fan through thick and thin....things are thin right now, but fatten up that hog and the Tamales will be amazing, one day. The sooner, the better.
Go Cowboys! And, yes....I'm a homer!

I try to be there, but, like I said, I'm also quite angry at Jerry for not addressing issues that I was concerned about all offseason that are sticking out like a sore thumb now. It's like, I saw a couple issues, Jerry ignores it, and then wonders why we are getting run over by a freight train the last two weeks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My fan meter never changes. It was the same when the team was 1-15 as it was when the Cowboys were winning championships. I’ve been a fan since 72 and grew up with the Cowboys. No matter how bad it gets, it’s til death do us part for me and the Cowboys. My frustration meter is at an all time him but it has no affect on my fan meter. I’m as frustrated with the team as anyone but unlike some fans that claim they don’t care anymore and are giving up on the Cowboys, that will never happen with me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My fan meter never changes. It was the same when the team was 1-15 as it was when the Cowboys were winning championships. I’ve been a fan since 72 and grew up with the Cowboys. No matter how bad it gets, it’s til death do us part for me and the Cowboys. My frustration meter is at an all time him but it has no affect on my fan meter. I’m as frustrated with the team as anyone but unlike some fans that claim they don’t care anymore and are giving up on the team, that will never happen with me.

Till death do I part with this team as well, as angry as I am at Jerry.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I try to be there, but, like I said, I'm also quite angry at Jerry for not addressing issues that I was concerned about all offseason that are sticking out like a sore thumb now. It's like, I saw a couple issues, Jerry ignores it, and then wonders why we are getting run over by a freight train the last two weeks.
You're young, never been through the great times...that said, how has being angry changed anything? But, if it makes you feel better, get after it.