Where is everyone's fan meter?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You aren't a homer and I definitely consider you one of the more knowledgeable folks around (and I remember you from boards all along the way) but you def can be player "apologist" sometimes and I suspect might even buy jersey's of guys you like..(Don't know for sure, just guessing but don't lie if you do...)

But alas, you can still get over that though still and realize that you don't have to wear the name of another man on your back to prove you are a fan. I have hope KJJ. LOL!!!
I know what you’re getting at and you may see my comments defending our QB as apologies. I was very critical of him last season and even got called a Dak hater. There’s holes around him and he’s having to shoulder a lot of the load. That’s no apology, it’s a fact. I would rather have him than what we would have been stuck with next season had he walked. Anyway, not going to waste time arguing about him. By the way I don’t wear Cowboys jerseys with players names on them. I’m not a player homer. You got me wrong if you think that.

stiletto

Reaction score
I know what you’re getting at and you may see my comments defending our QB as apologies. I was very critical of him last season and even got called a Dak hater. There’s holes around him and he’s having should a lot of the load. That’s no apology, it’s a fact. I would rather have him than what we would have been stuck with next season had he walked. Anyway, not going to waste time arguing about him. By the way I don’t wear Cowboys jerseys with players names on them. I’m not a player homer. You got me wrong if you think that.
Fair enough. It's going to be a LOONG season I think.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Ive turned the last two games off before the 1st quarter ended, I already knew how they would play out. So I caught up on my Netflix list instead while enjoying my "Gameday meals". Now I'm hoping to getting back into reading my library of still unread books on Sundays, Got about 20 or so.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah, with the defense we have and no running game, we’re looking at a long season. If Barkley stays healthy for Philly and that’s a big IF, they’ll likely sweep us. He’s been running real well for them, averaging 5.6 a carry..yikes!
Yes, those are our Main faults, the defense, especially the run d, and the running game. Why I didn't see us winning more than 8 games going in. Diggs has been a bit disappointing this season but he's coming off an injury. Jerry not going all in, in free agency and the draft if he was going to extend Dak makes no sense. Jerry does the opposite of what would seem like good football moves. >.>

Blackrain

Reaction score
We're all suckers, don't beat yourself up too much. NO ONE that posts here is immune, everyone keeps coming back like gluttons ready for their yearly flogging one way or another.
Sometimes watching this team makes me feel like the guy who hit himself in the head with a hammer.

Because it felt so good when he stopped.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Mine is at historical lows. The GB loss and the home beat down by an underdog Saints team has me at the lowest point in my life. The NFL as a whole sucks and their not so silent move into politics has me thinking I might cold turkey this whole thing.

Where are you folks at???
My favorite team is my fantasy football team. It took a long time but I have flipped from 40 years of loving the Cowboys to hating them. It feels good to have let go.
Thank you Dak! You suck

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I feel like a sucker for paying the attention I do to the Cowboys and the NFL Yet here I am.

Habits are damn hard to break and 50+ year old habits are damn near impossible to break.

This team needs to be blown up from top to bottom before I'd be interested in watching again or actually rooting for them. Jerry needs to hire an actual GM, and entire coaching staff fired (minus Al Harris).
Why keep Harris? Why do so many on here thank he is some kind of great coach?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I have a quarter tank left but I can see the red light coming on soon with no gas stations in sight.
You got more left than me

I'm on my CR500 dirt bike back in the pine barrens with the pet cock turned to reserve.
I got a plastic soda bottle stuffed in my shirt and I'm hoping to run into another Rider that I can pirate a little gas from to get back to the truck.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
The desire to go out of my way and sacrifice time that I could be using to enjoy myself to watch this mismanaged team is becoming harder and harder to justify.

I'm tired of watching this substandard product that is manipulated to attract the casual fan and never really designed to win a super bowl.

We are always almost purposely kept a few players and a coach short of being able to compete deeply into the tournament.

Jerry is just happy to keep us rolling around the rim in the playoff hunt and relevant with the news media.

It's all just a game to entice casual fan DAk and CD both know they were getting their contracts and believe me Jerry let them know that he was going to carry it right after the end to get maximum news media exposure for the team everyone that needed to be aware was aware trust me.
Just another marketing ploy to get people talking about the Cowboys All talk and no substance
:hammer: :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I bet you are
Yea, it’s really wonderful the direction the league has gone in recent years promoting the inclusion of all citizens which obviously is paying off big dividends despite whatever pushback there is from a prejudice and bigoted segment wanting to go back in time selfishly unwilling to accept the progress which has been made in society.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yea, it’s really wonderful the direction the league has gone in recent years promoting the inclusion of all citizens which obviously is paying off big dividends despite whatever pushback there is from a prejudice and bigoted segment wanting to go back in time selfishly unwilling to accept the progress which has been made in society.
You feel better?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
At an all time low for me. Yes, the Campo-era teams were worse than this, but the expectations were also lower back then too.

I've already mentally checked out of the past two games and I was not even that enthusiastic after the Browns win. I will always be a Cowboys fan, but I have major fan fatigue.

In fact I don't even watch other NFL games now. Just college games and the Cowboys (for as long as I can bear it).