Where is everyone's fan meter?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m thinking I need a new hobby.
That's the sad thing, I've got plenty of things to keep me busy throughout the year but football has been my jam for the holidays and I'm not interested in any other sports. Jerry has managed to wring all the joy out of the NFL and Brett Venables has somehow managed to turn OU into a pushover too. Starting to doubt his recruiting skills though the portal and the new pay to play nature of college football may have doomed us. This sucks!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Mine is at historical lows. The GB loss and the home beat down by an underdog Saints team has me at the lowest point in my life. The NFL as a whole sucks and their not so silent move into politics has me thinking I might cold turkey this whole thing.

Where are you folks at???
The NFL is fine and will shed fewer fans than it gains in 2024. The Cowboys, however… they SUCK in 2024 - and their fans will lose interest and dropoff in droves before game Seventeen. However, since ‘hope springs eternal’ - they will mostly ALL be back next sesson for another dose of ‘More of the same.’

But I’m not cynical. Not me. Not yet. No siree.

stiletto

Reaction score
The Cowboys are like a good stock that booms right after you sell it. As soon as you give up on them they'll win the SB. It's been a tough stretch without a deep playoff run but I will always be a die hard fan.
I think A LOT of fans tell themselves that kind of thing. It's like throwing out the old box of cables all us dude's keep. Strong warning to anyone thinking about doing that BTW...I get it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mine is at historical lows. The GB loss and the home beat down by an underdog Saints team has me at the lowest point in my life. The NFL as a whole sucks and their not so silent move into politics has me thinking I might cold turkey this whole thing.

I’m in total support of the NFL public activity and their campaign encouraging fans to vote.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I'm doing good...I want the team to get their butts kicked good, every game!

Bunch of check collectors. They don't deserve the Star on their Helmet.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I feel like a sucker for paying the attention I do to the Cowboys and the NFL Yet here I am.

Habits are damn hard to break and 50+ year old habits are damn near impossible to break.
I completely feel your pain brother
I feel like my loyalty is being completely taken advantage of every year.
I somehow feel like I owe the memory of Tom Landry and Roger Staubach Bob Lilly Tony dorsett and all my great Cowboys of the seventies to continue following this team as crazy as this sounds.

As frustrating as it is to watch the Cowboys now it was just that intoxicating to watch them in the '70s it made me feel invincible absolutely bulletproof as a fan of the greatest team anywhere in the world. Led by Captain America the ultimate quarterback athlete and human being.

Coached by the greatest coach in our history.

These men and this team represented everything good about sports at the time.

Now I continue to pledge my allegiance to a team that represents nothing but greed false hope and lies

It's embarrassing to say 62 years old I somehow can't break away from it

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboys fan for life. I've gotten through the Campo and Gaily years, so this isn't one of the lowests seasons I remember. I'm not very excited about this season though. It is a test for Dak to see how he measures up, since I think this is one of the worst supporting casts he has had. Lets see if he is a real difference maker or makes no difference at all.

stiletto

Reaction score
I completely feel your pain brother
I feel like my loyalty is being completely taken advantage of every year.
I somehow feel like I owe the memory of Tom Landry and Roger Staubach Bob Lilly Tony dorsett and all my great Cowboys of the seventies to continue following this team as crazy as this sounds.

As frustrating as it is to watch the Cowboys now it was just that intoxicating to watch them in the '70s it made me feel invincible absolutely bulletproof as a fan of the greatest team anywhere in the world. Led by Captain America the ultimate quarterback athlete and human being.

Coached by the greatest coach in our history.

These men and this team represented everything good about sports at the time.

Now I continue to pledge my allegiance to a team that represents nothing but greed false hope and lies

It's embarrassing to say 62 years old I somehow can't break away from it
We're all suckers, don't beat yourself up too much. NO ONE that posts here is immune, everyone keeps coming back like gluttons ready for their yearly flogging one way or another.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

I’m very apathetic. I’m keeping track of the team as habit at this point. I have zero belief this team will do anything meaningful.

Mr_437

Reaction score
This team won't win anything of note. They would surprise if they won the division, I think that's the highest height for this team.

So, my fan meter is late 80s, watching for fun with no emotional attachment. Low, low, low.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I feel like a sucker for paying the attention I do to the Cowboys and the NFL Yet here I am.

Habits are damn hard to break and 50+ year old habits are damn near impossible to break.
Good post, you took the words right out my mouth.I too have been a die hard Cowboys fan since 1973, and will never change .This team is hard to watch,and that is that.But I will keep watching and hope to see improvement.Watching the Dallas Cowboys is a hard habit to break,but here lately we are playing bad football.

McMicah

Reaction score
Mines low because we aren’t getting better for the next few years. Too many expensive players to play and no room for FAs. We will reach on a DT in the draft most likely, probably another Mazi

deerhunter11

Reaction score
We’re all pissed at Jerry and jughead junior but the Cowboys have been a big part of my life since I was 8 years old. The first Cowboys game I watched was Super Bowl VI against Miami. I still have all my Cowboys football cards that I started collecting in 1972. I had a Cowboys notebook in grade school beginning in the second grade after we graded from those Big Chief tablets. I had Cowboys stickers in my high school locker. I had Dallas Cowboys stuff all over my room. My first car had a Cowboys bumper sticker. The losses don’t affect me as much as they once did, but I’m still a diehard fan.
You and I have much in common ,I have been a Cowboys homer for 50 years .