CFZ Where Patience is Warranted and Where it Is Not

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s where some patience is warranted around here:
  • 22 year old rookies who haven’t even played a regular season game yet deserve some patience.
  • Some developmental players who may take more than a year to be what we hoped they would be.
Here where patience is NOT warranted:
  • Our 80 year old owner/GM who has had 28 years to at least win a divisional round playoff game or get us to a conference championship game and hasn’t.
  • Maybe this year is the year. We certainly are capable with a good roster and good coaches.
I believe the young men who are busting their butts right now to get better as football players deserve patience. The old man in the owners box? I don’t think a single Cowboys fan is wrong to be sick of watching his tired act spout “uhs” by the dozens in unnecessary interviews and general self centered-ness that has at times undermined our coaches.

As a life-long educator who spent decades teaching and working with young people, my colleagues and I used to have a phrase we used a lot: “Don’t ever give up on a kid. Adults have had time to know better”.

ArtClink

Reaction score
  • 22 year old rookies who haven’t even played a regular season game yet deserve some patience.
  • Some developmental players who may take more than a year to be what we hoped they would be.
  • Our 80 year old owner/GM who has had 28 years to at least win a divisional round playoff game or get us to a conference championship game and hasn’t.
  • Maybe this year is the year. We certainly are capable with a good roster and good coaches.
I believe the young men who are busting their butts right now to get better as football players deserve patience. The old man in the owners box? I don’t think a single Cowboys fan is wrong to be sick of watching his tired act spout “uhs” by the dozens in unnecessary interviews and general self centered-ness that has at times undermined our coaches.

As a life-long educator who spent decades teaching and working with young people, my colleagues and I used to have a phrase we used a lot: “Don’t ever give up on a kid. Adults have had time to know better”.
Well, pls be patient. It takes at least three decades under the Jones model of micromanagement before a divisional playoff game can be potentially won. I really feel the franchise will hit their stride in 2035 when Spaulding takes over as the new Jones micromanager.

Thank god we’re not the 49ers who have made three consecutive NFC championship appearances.

No sir, as a lifetime fan, being the most profitable, having bada** stadium artwork, and having Gene Jones jeans avail in the stadium’s Victoria Secret for female fans is really the ultimate Cowboys fans experience. Hell, this might be all there is for fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I mean is Jerry really a gm though? Isn’t it McClay and Stephen? Either Jerry has changed and gotten better or someone else is at work. I chose the latter….

BlindFaith

Reaction score

I couldnt agree more regarding Jerrah, and his kids and his kids kids. With the one exception being Charlotte.
I defended him for years. I WAS WRONG.
Seeing him or listening to him now just irritates me. And Stephen is no better. Unfortunately we will be stuck with a Jones running this franchise forever. I cant see it ever being sold.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Great post Bob

T-RO

Reaction score
Hey look, another BobHaze against vs Joneses thread. I'm sure it will get lots of likes, as we all like to vent against the Man, and BH always sets a nice table.

The same criticisms, most valid, will get repeated for the 10,000th time. People will learn nothing. Nothing will change.

Last edited:

J12B

Reaction score
Such a bad take :facepalm:

2007 could have been our year if not for Romo's fumbling.

2014 could have been our year if not for Dez's catch being ruled incomplete.

2016 was a greatly constructed roster.

2021 was another great roster but as usual the team wasn't prepared or disciplined after committing 14 penalties.

2022 Dak couldn't get the job done against a great SF defense.

Point being is that Jerry has put together a lot of good teams, but it's incredibly difficult to win a Superbowl let alone get there.

What a terrible take by the OP.

I thought he was going to say it's time to move on from Fehoko at WR instead of the very original everything is Jerry Jone's fault.

And Jerry is very loyal to his players and staff, unlike most owners who treat their players as objects. But

And then he praises the team and coaching staff that has been put together this season right after criticizing the old man:huh:

Such a terrible take.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Patience on Mazi Smith is besides the point. As of right now he looks terrible. Talking about how he looks has nothing to do with patience. Some will discard how bad he looks and some will not.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Patience on Mazi Smith is besides the point. As of right now he looks terrible. Talking about how he looks has nothing to do with patience. Some will discard how bad he looks and some will not.
If Mazi ends up busting it would be really frustrating considering it’s the most investment they have made in the DT spot in a long time.

I do think he will ultimately at least be a good 1T. With the potential to be great. But he has been very inconsistent so far. Which isn’t terribly surprising.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Mazi ends up busting it would be really frustrating considering it’s the most investment they have made in the DT spot in a long time.

I do think he will ultimately at least be a good 1T. With the potential to be great. But he has been very inconsistent so far. Which isn’t terribly surprising.
He definitley has potential, but he looks aweful so far. Slow and getting pushed around by 3rd stringers. Disappointing that he may not contribute much this season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah. He’s been through 2 PS games and a TC. He may be less than what we expected but I’m still mystified by the reactions. But hey fans are entitled to whatever opinions they have.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean is Jerry really a gm though? Isn’t it McClay and Stephen? Either Jerry has changed and gotten better or someone else is at work. I chose the latter….
Jethro has always been a part time GM. What other GM doesn’t watch film. And as Parcells said you have to convince him to go against his instincts.

This could go South this year then this coaching staff is shaken up and much of the progress down the drain.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah. He’s been through 2 PS games and a TC. He may be less than what we expected but I’m still mystified by the reactions. But hey fans are entitled to whatever opinions they have.
Yea, it’s wayyyy to early to be writing him off. Silly preseason fans. But we’ll be watching closely as we have had some bust on DL drafts this era. He’ll be surrounded with talent and have every opportunity to shine.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey look, another BobHaze against vs Joneses thread. I'm sure it will get lots of likes, as we all like to vent against the Man, and BH always sets a nice table.

The same criticisms, most valid, will get repeated for the 10,000th time. People will learn nothing. Nothing will change.
No problem. Your opinions are welcome.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well, pls be patient. It takes at least three decades under the Jones model of micromanagement before a divisional playoff game can be potentially won. I really feel the franchise will hit their stride in 2035 when Spaulding takes over as the new Jones micromanager.

Thank god we’re not the 49ers who have made three consecutive NFC championship appearances.

No sir, as a lifetime fan, being the most profitable, having bada** stadium artwork, and having Gene Jones jeans avail in the stadium’s Victoria Secret for female fans is really the ultimate Cowboys fans experience. Hell, this might be all there is for fans.
Don’t hate. It will consume you.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Thx for posting on Hazey’s thread to keep it going. I didn’t realize the moderators had deputized you and issued you a cardboard deputy sheriff’s badge to alert other posters when one of the moderators has posted anything negative to say about our owner, gm, and defacto hc. Nice wk.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Don’t hate. It will consume you.
Don’t confuse facts (ie 28 yrs of playoff irrelevance) with hate. It wasn’t hate, it was truth. Hate is an emotion. Important distinction to be sure.