Where should Dak’s salary be?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If you think some team would pay more than $33M for him you give him the EFT. If not give him the transition tag. Dak will most likely get the EFT.

Dak will bring more on the open market than you think he would. You don’t think the Bengals would give $40m per year for him to have a legit starter? Too many teams needing a QB.

Hell the Steelers or Patriots would love to have Dak. The Patriots two first round picks will be bottom 5-6 of the first round.
He would get signed and likely make more than what we will pay him. 34-36 a year range id we do it before mahomes gets his. He isnt mahomes but his contract will effect the market.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I believe everyone should stay out of Dak's wallet. His salary should be whatever the FO and Dak's agent agree it should be.

Verdict

Reaction score
He would get signed and likely make more than what we will pay him. 34-36 a year range id we do it before mahomes gets his. He isnt mahomes but his contract will effect the market.

Agreed. Mahommes might drag the average upwards. On the other hand what if Mahommes is smart enough to sign for 35m average to keep a team around him?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I believe everyone should stay out of Dak's wallet. His salary should be whatever the FO and Dak's agent agree it should be.
Again this is not about Dak's wallet or Jerry's wallet. If their were no salary cap, I don't care what Dak earns - not coming out of my pocket directly. Obviously I pay for it in every product commercialized during NFl games but I can't do much about that!

Sandyf

Reaction score
Tannehill and Fitzpatrick are not the market trend. Both were considered backup QB. Neither player would be guys teams would try to build around.
Definitely agree although rumor mill has Tennessee willing to pay between 28 and 30 million a year for Tannehill which to me is crazy. If they do then no way we resign Dak for under 35 mil a year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is the unknown here, where does Big Mike place his value upon keeping Prescott vs going for a different franchise QB? He is also looking at this from the team standpoint. O side is already heavy and he's got as QB and WR1 and 3 up as well as the best CB and pass rusher on the D.

The cap gap looks like a lot until they start spending it just to keep their own.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Is it luck at this point? It's more of the trend. It's hard to think of the last highly paid QB to win a title.

I'm ok with paying the QB too but it's nice to have proven you can win a Superbowl first.

Now we're just paying guys like Dak Prescott like they are the best QB in the league without winning anything lol.

If I had Mahomes I would tell him to name his price but we don't have that and we're still paying him like he won a Superbowl.

At least the Ravens won a Superbowl before they got stupid with Joe Flacco.

Why can't we enjoy some success before paying elite prices for mediocrity?

Your argument is why I'm torn. I get it. We went 8-8 and haven't won in the playoffs and people are talking like we should just hand over $35 mil. On the other hand...the market gets set on its own and there are QBs that are going to raise it substantially so why not give him a range now? The more this drags out the more I get frustrated and my answer is "let MM pick who he thinks can get him to the promised land and go get him....young, old, etc." Then he can fall on that sword. If he says pay Dak and we fail...see ya.

conner01

Reaction score
Brady is a great example.. "Because he could".. Who cares why he did it.. He did it and they won championships.
No QB including Brady to a reduced contract on their first FA contract

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak will most likely get his dough when the time comes and it comes to push or shove.
Once that happens, many, if not most, here will be going totally bonkers over it. :starspin:

If the Cowboys FO gave in to Ezekiel Elliott the way they did, they do it for Dak as well.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Agreed. Mahommes might drag the average upwards. On the other hand what if Mahommes is smart enough to sign for 35m average to keep a team around him?
Lol. I posted something like this in another thread. He takes a team friendly deal per year but gets more guarantee and signing bonus. That would mess up Daks agent. Lol.

IceBowler

Reaction score
$1 more than another team is willing to make a concrete offer on him for .. and not a dollar more ... IF you want to keep him.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Dak at $35 million or would you go jamesis Winston at under $20 million?

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Around $50-60k......I thinks that’s about the going rate for middle school football coaches

Sydla

Reaction score
Russell Wilson signed an extension 8 months ago.

It has an AAV of $35MM. Wilson is a better and more accomplished QB than Dak.

So $35MM sets the ceiling.

Carson Wentz got $32MM (and I think Philly overpaid but those are the numbers).

So if you want a logical assessment of where Dak should get paid - $32MM to $35MM AAV - seems like the right range.