Where's the Love for Calvin Ridley?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Just watch his tape - then watch all the other WR's. I'm sorry, but his game speed (coupled with his route running) is way better than just about every WR I've looked at this year (including DJ Moore).

That's in college, there have been many receivers who were fantastic in college and never panned out in the pros. His catches dropped every year after his first year, and Alabama is such a good team year in and year out that you have to consider that maybe he looked that good because he had tons of talent around him.

Besides, teams don't usually go all gaga over a prospect, if for no other reason than for negotiating rookie contracts, at least publicly...

conner01

Reaction score
He's definitely the best receiver in the draft. Ultimately, I don't think he'll be available to us. But I'd draft him if he's there
I think he’s the best WR now
I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t have the best career of any WR in this draft

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I can't legitimately a call a guy who in the 3 biggest games of the year for his team never topped 40 yards receiving the best WR prospect in the country.
In fact in SIX CFP games he had a total of 28 catches for 265 yards and over half that came in one game versus Michigan State.
That's a 4.7 catch, 47.5 yard average in big games.

kskboys

Reaction score
Although I'd hate to see us go WR in the 1st, I'm not opposed if it's Ridley.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Hard to get excited about a 25 yr old rookie..

Hes 5 years older than some of his college competition, thats kinda crazy

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If they pick up his 5th year Option, he'll be 28 at the end of his 5th season/beginning of his 6th season. If they gave him a 5-year deal after his 4th year, he'd be 32 at the end of that deal. And, he's so frail..............that he never missed a game in college.
Pass

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The reason he doesn’t get more hype is because of his age. Plain and simple. We’re looking at an Antonio Brown level of WR here. But he’s 24.

If he was 21 years old, there’s no way he wouldn’t go top 10. But teams legitimately do care about age.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
The reason he doesn’t get more hype is because of his age. Plain and simple. We’re looking at an Antonio Brown level of WR here. But he’s 24.

If he was 21 years old, there’s no way he wouldn’t go top 10. But teams legitimately do care about age.

I disagree I don't see a top 10 WR, and I don't see a #1 WR. He is a #2 WR.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Damn good article for him .......have to admit, comments from the 2 scouts, have me thinking Hmmm.

Where's the Love for Calvin Ridley? Why the Draft's Top WR Doesn't Get More Hype
MATT MILLERAPRIL 17, 2018

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-get-more-hype?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium

c312d372340924b3753b3e9cb0e0037b_crop_north.jpg

In today's pass-heavy NFL, wide receivers are more important than ever.

You see as much reflected in free agency, where players like Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins receive huge contracts to reward middling production. You see it too in the draft, where seemingly every year brings a handful of new hyped receivers to the league, including last year, when three (Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross) went in the first nine picks.

In fact, since 2009, as many as six and an average of four receivers have been picked in the first round. So this year, when only one receiver is a lock to go in Round 1, how is there so little hype around him?
Where's the love for Calvin Ridley?

Ridley didn't have eye-popping numbers or get Biletnikoff Award recognition in his three seasons at Alabama, but among NFL executives, scouts and coaches Bleacher Report has spoken to, the consensus is that he's a level apart from any other receiver in this draft.

They look at Ridley and see a silky-smooth route-runner with plus speed and hands who can be a part of a dynamic passing attack on Day 1 in the NFL. My mock draft reflects that opinion, projecting Ridley to go 16th overall (the only receiver I have in the first round).

So why isn't he a household name?

Part of it is that the hype might already have passed Ridley by. He signed at Alabama as the top wide receiver in the 2015 recruiting class (and 12th-best player at any position, according to 247Sports) and burst onto the scene, catching 89 passes for over 1,000 yards as a true freshman. But his numbers dropped in each of the next two seasons—72 catches as a sophomore and 63 as a junior—and he never got over that 1,000-yard mark again.
Ha! If it's not first& foremost from his MOMMA,,, He can't help us, as he'll suffer amongst the ranks of other unloved receivers on the roster,,,o_O

* ,,,just:huh: what the hell is it with you,,,my fellows/ friends holding this " golden (Richards) belief of that magical golden BB belief it's the seasonal E-ride ticket?,,,,, (* grumbling & kicking a **** eating dog as I depart this conversation)

jay94

Reaction score
I do not want Sutton, at 50 sure, but we know he won't be there he will be reached, its a terrible pick in the first round even with a trade down.

jay94

Reaction score
Amazing how he just keeps getting older.

Amazing how so many don't see the second contract as the most expensive contract, there are no such thing as hometown discounts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Miller was already docked for age thus is rated 2nd or 3rd round.
If people were suggesting him at 19 you'd see plenty of posts saying no way.
Ehhhh....all I'm saying is if Julio Jones came into this draft at 24.....you wouldn't hear anything about age. If the guy can play he can play. Age and measurable s shouldn't stop you from getting a player.