Which college QB would fit Garrett's offense the best?

ringmaster

Reaction score
We know that the Cowboys will be looking for a replacement eventually for Romo, and it might even happen in this upcoming draft a guy they can groom for the future.

Which college QB would fit this offensive scheme ran by Garrett the best?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Andrew Luck

Oh well. On eyear late and would be unattainable anyway.

Sorry I couldn't add anything of substance.

ringmaster

Reaction score
DFWJC;4923945 said:
Andrew Luck

Oh well. On eyear late and would be unattainable anyway.

Sorry I couldn't add anything of substance.
No problem lol.:laugh1:

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Tyler+Bray+Florida+v+Tennessee+K4f5FBNCEQyl.jpg

Other than Geno Smith, here's my choice. You have to take into account the 2-3 years of development that will take place. I think with that amount of time, Bray could turn into a special player. The talent is certainly there, and he's only 20. I think Garrett could turn him into an All-Pro. But, I doubt we use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a QB, which is where BRay will be drafted. If we take one late, I like Zac Dysert of Miami-OH. and ifLogan Thomas of VT declares, I like him a lot too.

ringmaster

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4923966 said:

Other than Geno Smith, here's my choice. You have to take into account the 2-3 years of development that will take place. I think with that amount of time, Bray could turn into a special player. The talent is certainly there, and he's only 20. I think Garrett could turn him into an All-Pro. But, I doubt we use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a QB, which is where BRay will be drafted. If we take one late, I like Zac Dysert of Miami-OH.
Ok those are two interesting QBs but if I had to pick one it would be Dysert, over Bray because I watched Bray quite a bit this past season he tends to lock on WRs at times but he does have the tools to be successful in the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I doubt the Cowboys would look at QB in the 1st rd of the draft, one guy I would not mind later in the draft would be Collin Klein of K-State

ringmaster

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4923975 said:
I doubt the Cowboys would look at QB in the 1st rd of the draft, one guy I would not mind later in the draft would be Collin Klein of K-State
Interesting, I'm not a big fan of Colin Klein he to me would be a developmental QB and imho I don't see him as a first rounder but hey I have been proven wrong before.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Klein will have to show something as a tight end or fullback...pretty much Tebow without the media attention. His throwing motion is even worse than Tebow's...he's got no future in the NFL as a QB. They didn't even invite him to the Senior Bowl.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if any QB could have success within Garrett's system if they can't make plays with their feet.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;4923975 said:

He won't even play QB in the NFL.

Hailmary

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4923966 said:

Other than Geno Smith, here's my choice. You have to take into account the 2-3 years of development that will take place. I think with that amount of time, Bray could turn into a special player. The talent is certainly there, and he's only 20. I think Garrett could turn him into an All-Pro. But, I doubt we use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a QB, which is where BRay will be drafted. If we take one late, I like Zac Dysert of Miami-OH. and ifLogan Thomas of VT declares, I like him a lot too.

I think when all is said and done, he'll go in the first. I think he has more upside than Locker, Gabbert and Ponder combined and teams all reached for them in the first.

tm1119

Reaction score
Garrett has a system?

But seriously, none of these QB's are worth us touching inside the 4th round. Would just flat out be a waste of a pick in my opinion. I really don't see us keeping 3 QB's anyway. Just not the year to be thinking about future QB.

As far as undrafted FA QB's I would look at:
Jeff Tuel- Wash St
Brad Sorensen- Southern Utah
Colby Cameron- La Tech
Mike Hermann-RPI

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I dont care for any of these QBs this year and would rather spend draft picks on positions we need players and depth at than a QB.

lostar2009

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4924538 said:
I dont care for any of these QBs this year and would rather spend draft picks on positions we need players and depth at than a QB.
Yea you say this now until Romo goes out and we fund out how bad Orton is..

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I say wait till next year unless we draft a QB in like the 5th, 6th, or 7th.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
lostar2009;4924582 said:
Yea you say this now until Romo goes out and we fund out how bad Orton is..

I'll take Orton over any of these guys. 9/10 89 yds and 1 TD this season. :laugh2:
Really though, Orton is a solid backup that's why I could care less about drafting a QB.