Which college QB would fit Garrett's offense the best?

MarkP88

Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying I'm a Romo fan, and would not simply get rid of him, regardless of whether or not we draft a QB this year, or how high.

I do think we should invest serious resources in scouting QBs this year - see if there's someone they develop a conviction about (as they apparently did Andy Dalton a couple years back), and if they do, find a way to get him. Doesn't mean he needs to start this year. But with the QB position, more than any other, you need to be aggressive - if there's a guy you want, go get him. Even as a fan of Tony's, he's going to be 33 this year. He could have another 3 top level years remaining - or he could start to slip in the next year or so. Remember, he has taken quite a beating the past few years.

Beyond the need for a QB-in-waiting, aggressively going after a QB (again, if they feel there's one worth it) would communicate a larger message to the team, and that'd be of great value as well. 8-8 is not acceptable, and it's important that the organization is unambiguously after much better results. Minimal, conservative changes this offseason won't cut it, in my opinion.

Of course, in the short term, OL is a bigger need. But QB must be looked into.

Personally, if Aaron Murray is available in Round 2 - or the bottom of Round 1, even - we should find a way to go up and get him. Similar skill set to Romo, and a great mindset.

Just my two cents.

Mark

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
kirkjrk;4924841 said:
Blake Bortles UCF 6'4" 221lbs. for next year. Great arm, very mobile, good decisions Redshirt Soph. this year--25 tds, 7 int ,3K plus yardage 145 QB Rtg., 285 yds rushing- 8 tds. He will be one I'm watching next year.

Wow, are you a UCF grad or something? The kid has played pretty well, I'm just surprised anyone outside of a UCF alumn would know the name right now.