Which Cowboy do you like more: DeMarco Murray or Zeke Elliott

ghst187

Reaction score
Zeke was 2x the talent with half the brain and drive so they almost balance out as equal.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Well he was the reason.

Garrett and Romos idea of chucking the ball most of the time lead to 8-8 seasons. Riding Murray in 14 ate clock, extended drives and made defenses actually respect a run game leading to Romos most efficient year

Can you blame a man for wanting to get paid what he thinks he's worth?

He went to the eagles as his college buddy was there and well they offered stupid money. Smart move on his part.
Got traded and then crashed in again with the titans, and had a good year there.

No, he wasn't the reason. The O-line was the reason. The overall team concept was the reason. The QB's ability to read the defense, decide to shift from a run to a pass or vice versa and the O-lines ability to pass protect or play smash mouth is what made that team successful.

I do not blame him for wanting more money. I do blame him for going to the Fecals, to a system he should have known was not going to work with his style of running. I have to admit, I was delighted to see him fail there.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No, he wasn't the reason. The O-line was the reason. The overall team concept was the reason. The QB's ability to read the defense, decide to shift from a run to a pass or vice versa and the O-lines ability to pass protect or play smash mouth is what made that team successful.

I do not blame him for wanting more money. I do blame him for going to the Fecals, to a system he should have known was not going to work with his style of running. I have to admit, I was delighted to see him fail there.
The QB getting hurt in 2013 and is finally sticking to the run game instead of abandon it like we did constantly is the reason why he had a great 2014. Teams were surprised we gave up running the ball in 2013 because we had the best zone blocking scheme in the game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He left to much meat on the bone....lol
you know that was coined by the underwear thief, who left way more meat, and lost his mind!
I wonder what happened to him? I felt sorry for him, never seen anyone go downhill so fast.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more with you Dandy Don. Definitely not a sure TD. But that play is a teaching point about not quitting. Peppers completely turned it around by giving extra effort. That play still haunts the Cowboys
yeah for a old guy peppers had a great game, he manhandled martin on that play, and also stripped the ball out of romo's hands, but that was recovered by
dallas.
That is one thing I thought was odd, all of murrays fumbles, 6 were recovered by opponents, none by the cowboys.
I remember the one where wash pulled the ball out as murray was being held up, and 2 cowboys right there , jump for it and one had his hands on it,
but wash player comes up with it.
That is partly due to players not hustling, and being aware .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No way in hell does a safety tackle Demarco in the open field at full speed.

Aikman even said on the broadcast if Peppers hadn't made that play, Murray hits his head on the goal post. Romo audibled brilliantly and they had exactly what they wanted.
Aikman exaggerates all the time, that was one of them.
If martin just blocks his guy peppers , peppers could not have come up from behind to knock ball out.
And who knows, if murray took off on a long run the refs may have called holding on some dallas player !
If dez just catches the ball and goes down, if if if , a lot of ifs in that game.

Cmac

Reaction score
Fat Zeke is a money grubbing chub chub. I can picture Murray's fumble to this day. I prefer my RBs to have SB rings not fat rolls.
.....on that premise.....there's nobody to like then....including QBs, TEs, LBs, etc.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys offered him 4 years 16 mil before 14. After 14 they offered 4yrs 24mil.

Eagles gave him 5 years 42 mil with 18mil Gtd.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...murray-retirement-means-for-nfl-running-backs
who cares hes dead to me left for division rival got horrible coach who didnt use him ....thats Karma..