News: Which Cowboys great is missing from the Ring of Honor?

Pants

Reaction score
Erik Williams.. yes he didnt have a long career and lost something after his accident. But he completely humiliated the greatest DL ever(reggie White). Michael Strahan even spoke about how horrible it was to go up against him in his HOF speech.

one of my favorite all-time cowboys, he was just nasty out there

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
one of my favorite all-time cowboys, he was just nasty out there

This, remember seeing him do the bolo punch on William Fuller (former Tar Heel) when he played for the egirls. I said this guy is a NASTY BEAST! LOVE IT!

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Gil, Martin, and Walls all deserve to go in. A guy I think should be in but would love to hear what others say is Moose. Yeah FBs don’t get all the sexy stats but look at all the holes he opened for Smith and the man is a true Cowboy.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Mike Saxon. Gotta give kickers some love.

:laugh:

Kidding. But would consider Bill Bates. Special teams ace.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Tony Romo gets put into the ROH, this board will melt down.:laugh:

I got posters telling me every day, "what did we ever win with Romo" and "In the crunch time, he choked like a dog".

Romo in the ROH will be EPIC!!!

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
MistyAnn said:
Ed Jones, iconic as well as everything else. Novacheck was super important catalyst for the Triplets, but Too Tall has got to be in there first.
Too Tall is one of my all-time favorite players.

:thumbup:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Just saying this for future reference, Romo should not be in the ROH. And Too Tall not being in there is a disgrace.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Just saying this for future reference, Romo should not be in the ROH. And Too Tall not being in there is a disgrace.
For future reference of what, that we could go back and see that you were wrong on a drunk Saturday long ago? Romo is going into the Ring of Honor. Maybe they will still let you in the ceremony with your Dak XFL jersey, but I doubt it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
For future reference of what, that we could go back and see that you were wrong on a drunk Saturday long ago? Romo is going into the Ring of Honor. Maybe they will still let you in the ceremony with your Dak XFL jersey, but I doubt it.
Did you just become a fan? I've watched this team for almost 30 years. I'm on the fence about Dak and need to see more from him before I would want the team to make a long term commitment to him. There are other players who were big contributors to championship teams that should be in there. Romo should not. Just because he was the only real qb we've had on the team since aikman. Because our GM is trash.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Did you just become a fan? I've watched this team for almost 30 years. I'm on the fence about Dak and need to see more from him before I would want the team to make a long term commitment to him. There are other players who were big contributors to championship teams that should be in there. Romo should not. Just because he was the only real qb we've had on the team since aikman. Because our GM is trash.
I was going to ask if you just became a fan, because you sure seem clueless about what the requirements to get in the Ring are. So should they also have a ceremony to remove Don Meredith?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I was going to ask if you just became a fan, because you sure seem clueless about what the requirements to get in the Ring are. So should they also have a ceremony to remove Don Meredith?
If you look back at Meredith's career it was pretty meh. But he's already in and we have a bigger pool of great players to put in there. The organization can be a little more picky.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If you look back at Meredith's career it was pretty meh. But he's already in and we have a bigger pool of great players to put in there. The organization can be a little more picky.
Yeah, how about no? I would agree if they hadn’t put some of these guys in they could have created a more exclusive Ring and that it would justify leaving someone like Romo out. But they did, and there is literally no case for leaving Romo out if Meredith is in. You’ll just have to deal with it.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Which Cowboys great is missing from the Ring of Honor?
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...wboys-great-is-missing-from-the-ring-of-honor

...But 17 players across the 58 years of the team’s history seems fairly limited. Yes, we can all be fairly certain that DeMarcus Ware, Tony Romo and Jason Witten will all see their names added to the group at some point. But are there others in the Cowboys’ illustrious past who warrant a place among the honored? I can think of at least five names who, at minimum, deserve consideration for inclusion. Let’s take a look at each one and see how they measure up...

...Martin was a bigger-than-life personality during the late 70’s when the Cowboys reigned supreme in the NFL. His 1977 season was the best season ever for a Cowboys defender and ranks among the best ever in the NFL:

• 23 sacks in only 14 games (unofficially as the NFL did not keep sack records back then)
  • Recorded 83 tackles
  • Consensus 1st Team All Pro
  • Defensive Player of the Year
  • Super Bowl Co-MVP (with Randy White)...

Great player and well deserving. Thanks for the details on his dominance as a " sack master". Still remember his tagline of " martinized" re a sack.... a reference to a Dry Cleaning organization

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Ed Jones, iconic as well as everything else. Novacheck was super important catalyst for the Triplets, but Too Tall has got to be in there first.

Nice to see you remember Novacheck. He was like a WR for Troy... . recall a quote from Troy where he admits he just threw the ball to a spot while he was being rushed. " knowing Jay would be there"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, how about no? I would agree if they hadn’t put some of these guys in they could have created a more exclusive Ring and that it would justify leaving someone like Romo out. But they did, and there is literally no case for leaving Romo out if Meredith is in. You’ll just have to deal with it.
Are you 12 yrs old?