Which franchise (Dallas or Green Bay) wasted the most opportunities/talent?

cowboyec

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't even played in a conference championship game for 25 years, homer.
and.

fact still remains the mighty,undefeated,unscored upon aaron rodgers led packers are 0-4 in nfc champ games...post lonely super bowl win.

:starspin:5x:starspin:

cowboyec

Reaction score
homer?
me.
a fan of the cowboys on a site dedicated to the cowboys?
damn right i am.
and i will NEVER kiss the packers ***.
screw'm.
:starspin:'Merica:starspin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers since Favre or the Dallas Cowboys since Jimmy Johnson?

Some argue to only have two Super Bowl victories between Favre and Rodgers is highly egregious and is a waste of great quarterbacking talent. Rodgers has lost three NFC Championship games, one at home and one at Seattle, which the Packers had in the bag. Favre loss one to the Cowboys (which he should have) and to the Giants at Lambeau Field, in which they also had a huge advantage.

Others argue that the Cowboys should have not only won three Super Bowls, but would have won at least five had Jimmy Johnson stayed as coach. Add to that the fact that the Cowboys twice had home field advantage throughout the playoffs in 2008 and 2017 and blew it, losing to the Giants and the Packers, and, for the most part, wasted the talents of Tyron Smith, Zach Martin, Travis Frederic, Tony Romo, Terrell Owens, and DeMarcus Ware, who had to join Denver to wear a ring.

So of the two franchises, which do you think squandered the most talent and opportunities over the past 30 years?
Every team that hasn’t won the SB during that time.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The 49ers simply couldn't beat us with Jimmy as coach. Easily would have run through four Super Bowls.
What a wasted opportunity. Sigh. :(
1994 would have been interesting. That 49er team was very very good. Young was historically good and stealing Norton from us and landing Deion was a big swing in defensive talent

Praxit

Reaction score
..I didn't know Rodgers has lost 3 NFC championship games. That takes the cake. At least Dallas hasn't lost one in 25ys...lol..

DFWJC

Reaction score
and.

fact still remains the mighty,undefeated,unscored upon aaron rodgers led packers are 0-4 in nfc champ games...post lonely super bowl win.

:starspin:5x:starspin:
You’re off the rails on this topic, ec
Irrational hatred of Rodgers for some reason.

But Im no Packers fan, so hate away
:dance:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers since Favre or the Dallas Cowboys since Jimmy Johnson?

since Favre? Favre wasted a lot of talent by never trying to understand the how to play the position in the way that best benefited the team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
rodgers has blown 4 other chances to get back to the super bowl.

the lack of talent around him is one of the big reasons he is at odds with the team now. they only got those chances because he was their QB. sorry but average or even above average QB's aren't getting those teams to the championship game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It is incredibly difficult to win a Super Bowl, even for teams with GOAT level QBs. Manning only got 2, Brees only 1, Marino has 0, Kelly has 0… point is the Packers winning one with each franchise QB is still admirable.

QB is the most important position but you are exactly right even legends can only overcome so much. Got to have a pretty solid team to get the trophy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GB has wasted Rodgers HOF career. I'm just glad they only have one more year to contend. Tired of seeing them in the playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Rodgers made two exceptional, worldly throws to garbage can receivers to even get the team to OT

He makes throws that just leave you shaking your head. I bet 95% of people blaming him couldn't name more than 5 players off any GB team. He certainly hasn't had any complete teams other than the SB year.

cowboyec

Reaction score
He makes throws that just leave you shaking your head. I bet 95% of people blaming him couldn't name more than 5 players off any GB team. He certainly hasn't had any complete teams other than the SB year.
why would i need or want to know 5 receivers on green bay.
i'm a cowboys fan.
screw green bay and their over-rated,back stabbing cry baby qb who chokes in the big moment.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the lack of talent around him is one of the big reasons he is at odds with the team now. they only got those chances because he was their QB. sorry but average or even above average QB's aren't getting those teams to the championship game.
he chokes.