Which NFC East Opponent should we worry about?

Manster54

Reaction score
I think the Giants have as good skill players as anhyone in the conference. But Philly has good OL & slightly better than avg DL. ALL NFC East teams have very good defenses. It is anybody's division. It will come down to week 15 or 16 barring injuries.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I say the Skins.

The Eagles ( I reckon ) will have an awkward rebuilding year next season and will not be a pushover, but will struggle to find their identity.

The Giants have a good team and were better the Cowboys last year but still split the games and only won by one score in the second game which was a defensive TD.

The Skins do not have a better roster then the Cowboys at the moment & the draft is still left. Last year they looked like a joke until the last four minutes in the first game with us. Until then everybody questioned the coaching, the QB and the money they spent. After that game they seemed to get a kick start and it reinvigorated their season to the point where they made a playoff run. They are my biggest concern because the Skins were the only team that beat the Cowboys hands down (St.Louis doesn't count). That includes 6 games with playoff teams. In that game they were out-coached & out-played.

The Cowboys have had a hard time finishing the last few game the past three years and if they are to make it anywhere this season it has to change. I don't think the Skins will handle the Cowboys like they did in the second game this season but seeing as they were they only team to do it they would have to be the biggest concern.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
I am so tired of revisionist history about the 1st game between the Skins/Cowboys last season.

Neither team looked particularly good. It was basically a 6-0, defensive battle until the flea flicker in the 3rd quarter.

Yes Dallas looked like the better team for 3 Quarters, I am not arguing that, however they weren't exactly lighting the stat books on fire. There was nothing "impressive" about how the Cowboys looked, it just looked like one average team was beating another average team, and then well, the 4th quarter drama happened.

It's not like the Commanders haven't been in the same situation over the past 10 years, where they were one stupid Stephen Davis fumble or last second Patrick Crayton TD catch from winning the game.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
#1.The giants scare me because of their youth and obvious talent on O, along with that amazing D line.

#2. As much as i dont like to admit it, the skins are a good team and play their hardest against us. I dont think im the only one who wouldnt mind TO tearing them a new one next year.

#3 Iggles, not much to say that hasnt already been said, they were down last year but still have enough talent to make the playoffs IMO. We barely got out of there alive last season. Thanks roys

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
I am so tired of revisionist history about the 1st game between the Skins/Cowboys last season.

Neither team looked particularly good. It was basically a 6-0, defensive battle until the flea flicker in the 3rd quarter.

Yes Dallas looked like the better team for 3 Quarters, I am not arguing that, however they weren't exactly lighting the stat books on fire. There was nothing "impressive" about how the Cowboys looked, it just looked like one average team was beating another average team, and then well, the 4th quarter drama happened.

It's not like the Commanders haven't been in the same situation over the past 10 years, where they were one stupid Stephen Davis fumble or last second Patrick Crayton TD catch from winning the game.

Believe what you want, I had American & English commentary to view and the game was written off by both till the last 4 minutes, as for the 10 past ten years, what does that have to do with anything?

I don't know why you are defending a game your team won. But the Skins looked lost on that day for a long time. Learn to be a gracious winner.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
this team cant take any team for granted...all games will be tough

and if our OL isnt improved come September we wont be in the playoffs next yr either

if the OL is stronger (even overall "average") and the defense can close out games in the 4th qtr when we have leads (something they fail to do too much) then we will be in the playoffs next yr...might add in that nothing can happen to Bledsoe either, we have to have him for all 16 games

David

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
its funny how you cowboy fans say that youre the best in the nfc east... just because you signed T.O??? C'mon lets be real here. you guys didnt make it to the playoffs... we did. we now have 3 good/legit WRs and a great RB. We have a aging QB but so do you. I find it funny that you automatically think my Skins will terrible this coming season... we will only get better. but so will you. so it is up for grabs... just respect us.... please.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Commanders.

It's not their talent so much as it's Joe Gibbs. He knows how to strategize and get the most out of his players.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
The Dallas Cowboys

You know what...the Cowboys should have been an option.

I can't think of any other team that was more responsible for the Cowboys missing the playoffs other than the Cowboys.

The Commanders late 4th quarter comeback

The loss to the Raiders

The last minute loss to Seattle

The loss in overtime to Denver

and the loss to the Giants, which I thought was the back breaker of the season, where the Cowboys had 3-4 possesions in the 4th qrtr, (I forget) had a chance to win an important game in the most crucial part of the season, late Nov & all of Dec.

The 2005 team was one game away from the playoffs and IMO there is no other team in the NFC East who has to take a long long in the mirror other than the Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rdsknsbaby said:
its funny how you cowboy fans say that youre the best in the nfc east... just because you signed T.O??? C'mon lets be real here. you guys didnt make it to the playoffs... we did. we now have 3 good/legit WRs and a great RB. We have a aging QB but so do you. I find it funny that you automatically think my Skins will terrible this coming season... we will only get better. but so will you. so it is up for grabs... just respect us.... please.

Sounds to me like your team is getting respect - in both the voting and the various posts.

I think both the Reskins and Giants will be tough.

In my opinion, the Eagles were never that good. Just the best of a mediocre NFC Conference for a few years. Now the rest of the NFC has caught up and they're back to being nobodies again.

Ask yourself this question:

Unlike the better NFC East teams of the past, who did the Eagles actually beat?

What quality team did the Eagles ever beat during their 4 year run atop the NFC East?

The answer? Nobody

:disseags:

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
How can you take any team in this division light?

I'll call it now, no team goes 5-1 in the division again next year

If McNabb and the Eagles are healthy they are very good

Dallas has a very good young D, and talented playmakers on offense (even if they are in their 30s)

The Giants have Eli, Plaxico, Shockey, and Tiki, who now that he stops fumbling is very good. They improved their secondary with some key signings

We have adressed weaknesses at WR, DE, and o-line depth and bring back 18 of 22 starters, and have an outstanding coaching staff

This is going to be an absolute knock down dog fight going to the last week of the season

Buckle up, it'll be fun

NorTex

Reaction score
It will come down to injuries, just like it did last year.

You can pretty much count on the skinnies not going 5-1 in the division, like they did last year. (Skinnies were very lucky last year...1st Dallas game, played Philly w/o Owens)

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
its funny how you cowboy fans say that youre the best in the nfc east... just because you signed T.O???

That's a stupid thing to think, the Cowboys two biggest problems last year was O-line and a Kicker. The line has improved, how much is a different story if you browse this board for two minutes you will see there are questions on how much, but it is an improvement. As for the kicker if I have to explain that, well it's better I waste time trying to get my dog to say "ri rove rou".

The Cowboys have a lot of things in place and if you care to show what is lacking then it's worth listening to your arguement, but remember how far they finished behind the Skins and Giants before you write off the improvements they have made to be considered the best.

rdsknsbaby said:
C'mon lets be real here. you guys didnt make it to the playoffs... we did. we now have 3 good/legit WRs and a great RB. We have a aging QB but so do you. I find it funny that you automatically think my Skins will terrible this coming season... we will only get better. but so will you. so it is up for grabs... just respect us.... please.

I have not seen where anybody has said the Skins will be terrible. And last time I checked they were winning this poll.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Eagles - They have one last good year left in them. Big chip on their shoulders.

Giants - Please
Commanders - Are you kidding?