Which NFC East Opponent should we worry about?

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
It will come down to injuries, just like it did last year.

You can pretty much count on the skinnies not going 5-1 in the division, like they did last year. (Skinnies were very lucky last year...1st Dallas game, played Philly w/o Owens)

As we all know in big time sports, sometimes its better to be lucky then good

I take breaks whenever you can ge them, however the first Dallas game was not luck, just finally exploiting a matchup advantage

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsHokieFan said:
How can you take any team in this division light?

I'll call it now, no team goes 5-1 in the division again next year

If McNabb and the Eagles are healthy they are very good

Dallas has a very good young D, and talented playmakers on offense (even if they are in their 30s)

The Giants have Eli, Plaxico, Shockey, and Tiki, who now that he stops fumbling is very good. They improved their secondary with some key signings

We have adressed weaknesses at WR, DE, and o-line depth and bring back 18 of 22 starters, and have an outstanding coaching staff

This is going to be an absolute knock down dog fight going to the last week of the season

Buckle up, it'll be fun
Yes it will. Good analysis.

supafly

Reaction score
HummerMan said:
i said giants for the fact that they're the defending NFCE champion..

Thanks to the extra 'home' game vs the laughable saints. please.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Eagles - They have one last good year left in them. Big chip on their shoulders.

Giants - Please
Commanders - Are you kidding?

There you go BAZ

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
How can you take any team in this division light?

I'll call it now, no team goes 5-1 in the division again next year

If McNabb and the Eagles are healthy they are very good

Dallas has a very good young D, and talented playmakers on offense (even if they are in their 30s)

The Giants have Eli, Plaxico, Shockey, and Tiki, who now that he stops fumbling is very good. They improved their secondary with some key signings

We have adressed weaknesses at WR, DE, and o-line depth and bring back 18 of 22 starters, and have an outstanding coaching staff

This is going to be an absolute knock down dog fight going to the last week of the season

Buckle up, it'll be fun

The teams in the NFC East have been by far the most active in this free agency period. Who will the best at this pont is a toss of the coin. TO, if he toes the line could be the difference and make the Cowboys the team to beat. If the Eagles stay healthy and get some WR help they will be tough. The Giants as you said have improved their secondary and the Skins will have a lot more talent on offense along with a good defense. The battle in the NFCE will be the most fun to watch next season.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
There you go BAZ

One comment, and the poll still shows Skins, are you going to defend every comment from Skins fans on the board? I don't count "Please" & "Are you kidding?" as viable comments and neither should you.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The Eagles dont worry me. No WRs,

I disagree with that. I think Reggie Brown was pretty impressive for a rookie and will be a solid NFL receiver.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
all i was trying to say was that the skins should get some sort of respect... we get trashed my the media and most nfl fans... you guys talk about the 2 new singings like there nothing... maybe we did over pay randel el, but that doesnt matter... he is a good football player. how much would you like to bet that if the Skins signed T.O we would be bashed up and down over here... you know its true.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rdsknsbaby said:
all i was trying to say was that the skins should get some sort of respect... we get trashed my the media and most nfl fans...
And you think you will find it in here?

Manster54

Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
all i was trying to say was that the skins should get some sort of respect... we get trashed my the media and most nfl fans... you guys talk about the 2 new singings like there nothing... maybe we did over pay randel el, but that doesnt matter... he is a good football player. how much would you like to bet that if the Skins signed T.O we would be bashed up and down over here... you know its true.

Since the Skins are the whipping boys for 10 years it is hard to give respect. Sweep the Boys another 5-6 years and then you can cry about respect.

KobeEgan

Reaction score
HummerMan said:
you don't go from completely dominating the NFCE (quite possibly the NFC) for how many years to nothing overnight

unless you let go of the best WR in the game and refuse to spend money on your players despite having $5734234 million in cap room

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Who's gonna give us the most trouble for the NFC East division title.
All of the above...this is getting to be a tough division again.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
maybe we did over pay randel el, but that doesnt matter... he is a good football player.

No he is a good kick returner, he is an average reciever

apickmans

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
No he is a good kick returner, he is an average reciever

No he is a good kick returner, above average slot receiver and will be used by saunders to create mismatches and in some trick plays. People seem to forget that Al Saunders is our Off. Coordinator now and in my opinion prob. the biggest signing we had in the off season.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Going with the team that spanked us the most last year.... them damn Skins.

We already had problems with them as is, and they have improved the most over the offseason. Gonna be a tough fight.

I can't wait until the game in Philly as well, I can smell their hatred for us already.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
apickmans said:
No he is a good kick returner, above average slot receiver and will be used by saunders to create mismatches and in some trick plays. People seem to forget that Al Saunders is our Off. Coordinator now and in my opinion prob. the biggest signing we had in the off season.
so gibbs was an offensive idiot?
wasnt gibbs winning super bowls as an offenaice guru back when saunders was coaching wide receivers.

saunders was an ego buy for shorty.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
apickmans said:

No he is a good kick returner and an average reciever. I love the constant talk about trick plays that occurs like 6 times a year .

apickmans

Reaction score
jterrell said:
so gibbs was an offensive idiot?
wasnt gibbs winning super bowls as an offenaice guru back when saunders was coaching wide receivers.

saunders was an ego buy for shorty.

To answer your questions:

1) No, Gibbs was not an offensive idiot because, yes he did win 3 super bowls.
2) Saunders was coaching the Rams Receivers in the late 90s when they were the greatest show on turf.
3) You'd be stupid to think that the Al Saunders signing was a ego buy by Synder. Gibbs has said it publicly that he went out and went after Saunders because he believed it would help the team, you know since Saunders has done quite nicley for himself when he was the Off. Coordinator for the Chiefs, who have been known to score a few points here and there since he has been there.

apickmans

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
No he is a good kick returner and an average reciever. I love the constant talk about trick plays that occurs like 6 times a year .

Say what you want BigD....sure maybe randel el will only be involed in like 6 or 7 trick plays all year, but from what ive seen..his trick plays are game changing plays and if they are the reason the skins win a game...hey ill take it. The mere fact that teams will have to account for randel el for a lot of the game makes him more valuable than just some "average receiver" like you say he is.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rdsknsbaby said:
its funny how you cowboy fans say that youre the best in the nfc east... just because you signed T.O??? C'mon lets be real here. you guys didnt make it to the playoffs... we did. we now have 3 good/legit WRs and a great RB. We have a aging QB but so do you. I find it funny that you automatically think my Skins will terrible this coming season... we will only get better. but so will you. so it is up for grabs... just respect us.... please.

I think you havent paid attention...nothing is a given with the Cowboys...we could be anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4 depending on how things work out...if something happened injury wise to Bledsoe, we'd be sunk in a heart beat

I still have serious worries about the OL, ability to consistently rush the passer and force turnovers, plus close games out in the 4th qtr when we have leads...and despite signing a probowl calibar kicker, I am worried his age and declining leg strength will be an issue, especially late in the season

David