Which NFC East Opponent should we worry about?

The Curly One

Reaction score
The Eagles window of opportunity is SLAMMED shut. They were the leaders of the worst division in the league for 4 years. The NFC Least was so bad for a while the Eagles were almost guarenteed 6 wins before the season started becasuse the had to play 6 games in their division. Now TO has imploded them and the other teams in the NFC East have improved.
Count the Eagles out.
The Giants are decent team that is slowly improving.
Commanders were a surprise last year they did much better than I expected.

I see the NFC East getting more equal but I do not think anyone in the NFC East can go deep in the playoffs this year, none are that good.

The Cowboys? Who knows? We will be a better team until the TO implosion happens but nobody knows for sure when the ticking time bomb will blow.
Most important Jerry Jones seems to think that he only needed one player like TO to win the Super Bowl and I know we need much more than that. We will not win the big one this year as much as I would like that.
Our biggest problem for the last 5 years has been the offensive line and it is still a big question mark. Until you have a good performing offensive line you will not have a good performing QB. Simple as that and it has been proven right here in Dallas for the last 5 years or more. Curly

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
The Skins swept us, but we were playing with a very broken team at the time of the second game. And despite losing, we dominated them in the first game. We simply had our way with them. It would have been considered rape in 17 states.

not that it matters either way, but dallas O managed to get into the end zone one time (it took a flea flicker). defensively, dallas was shutting the skins out, so you are corrrect there. but your O wasnt exactly 'having its way' with the skins D. again, not that it matters....

Our defense (especially last year) really hinged on key players actually being healthy. Combine that with our offenses inability to perform in the second game... and you see why we lost so badly.

i know flo was hurt all year. out of curiosity, who else was out that game?

The only team that even neutralized T.O. last year was us. And that was with a broken McNabb... He had over 50 yards receiving in every game he played OR at least one touchdown.

Owens never played Washington last year, and they beat Philly by 7 points the first time they played each other. T.O. would have made the difference. The second game was also by 9 points... He would have made the difference.

Despite how poor the Eagles were last year, they would have made the playoffs with T.O. Other than the game against Seattle they were pretty much in every game. Only lost by more than 10 points twice (seattle and washington).

skins fans brought up how TO has never had a big game vs them. it was dismissed, of course.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I really don't care what year it is or was...I always worried when we played some team in our division including the Cardinals when they were there...

I think any division game is BIG... and its not just the Cowboys or the NFC East..it is the same for every team

SkinRamon

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
I disagree with that. I think Reggie Brown was pretty impressive for a rookie and will be a solid NFL receiver.
Reggie Brown will be a star in this league. Unfortunately for the rest of us.

ravidubey

Reaction score
At this point before the draft and the rest of the offseason I've gotta go with Washington.

They went the furthest of the East teams last year as they have two solid OT's, Portis, Moss, and Brunell had a good season. Their defense is good enough to keep games tight.

The Giants WR corps got a little worse since Toomer got a year older, and though their secondary improved Strahan is reaching that point where he has to prove himself every year. If we haven't improved at OT enough, this team has the potential to be a real problem.

Philadelphia will have a healthy McNabb, a signed Westbrook, a healthy Pinkston :laugh2: , but has questions on the OL, DL, and at LB. Their secondary drops off rapidly in coverage when when their front seven can't get it done. The draft can change this team most dramatically since they are drafting 14th in each round.

HailTheRedSkins

Reaction score
I think that it goes without saying that every team in the NFC east is going to be tough for any rival NFCE team to play (even the Eagles). The Commanders have a great defense and our Offensive Line should be healthy this year (Maybe we'll get to see Jason Campbell play). The Cowboys should be strong but you need to find a way to protect your QB. The Giants will be as explosive as ever but they need to get their Defense together. Philly shouldn't be a major threat for anyone however Mcnabb will always be dangerous even with a beard.