Which of these 10 guys do you draft at #18?

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
are you assuming that Marcus McNeil isnt worthy or wont be there at 18?

If not him, I'd take Justice. Fabini is a very short term bandaid and Petiti just sucks.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Out of these guys.
I go Jimmy Williams without a doubt...
Hopefully Manny Lawson is there though or Ngata would be nice if he gets to us

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
are you assuming that Marcus McNeil isnt worthy or wont be there at 18?

If not him, I'd take Justice. Fabini is a very short term bandaid.

I think he'll defenitely be gone. I tried including guys I thought might actually be there when we pick. I also included 2 players at 5 positions I could see us drafting early (those being OT, WR, S, LB and DT/NT).

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
You honestly think he's sliding to 18?

Sliding to 18? Just last week everyone had him slotted as a reach at 18. I've only seen a couple mocks have him above 18, and they had him at 12. That's not gonna happen.

montgod

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
I think he'll defenitely be gone. I tried including guys I thought might actually be there when we pick. I also included 2 players at 5 positions I could see us drafting early (those being OT, WR, S, LB and DT/NT).

Interesting...I have always heard Justice as rated higher then McNeil.

joshjwp

Reaction score
I voted for Chad Jackson, we need to get some youth (for post Glenn days) and depth incase TO or Glenn injury.
ernie simms is to small for a 3-4

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
You honestly think he's sliding to 18?

The last projection I saw on him had him going in the mid 20's. But I would take him at 18 and not consider it a reach.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone but a safety (seriously, how many #1's and how much money can we waste on the secondary?) or a WR (TO, Glenn, Crayton are pretty damn good).

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Anyone but a safety (seriously, how many #1's and how much money can we waste on the secondary?) or a WR (TO, Glenn, Crayton are pretty damn good).
Waste? :confused:

I don't consider having top players in the secondary a waste. A little better secondary would have stopped Moss and won us that first Washington game which would have put us in the playoffs. The secondary is one of the most important units on the field IMO...not a Waste

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Waste? :confused:

I don't consider having top players in the secondary a waste. A little better secondary would have stopped Moss and won us that first Washington game which would have put us in the playoffs. The secondary is one of the most important units on the field IMO...not a Waste

You do know the game is won or lost in the trenches? What playoff teams last year had 3 #1 picks in their secondary? It is overkill. Especially with a gaping hole at OLB that I dont really expect Singleton to fill.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

Is it really a waste if they start 16 games and play at a probowl level? Isn't it better to have a dominant unit than to reach for guys who are mediocre starters at best?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
OLB is my front runner now that Peterson is off the market.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
Is it really a waste if they start 16 games and play at a probowl level? Isn't it better to have a dominant unit than to reach for guys who are mediocre starters at best?

If we draft another DB, the one team in the league with the same amount of #1's at the same position will be the Lions with their wideouts. FS's can be had later in the draft. I just do not see how spending #1's at DB helps this team when they need linebackers for the 3-4 and a starting caliber NT to backup Ferg. If the QB cant get the ball off, what difference does a first round pick on a FS make?