FEATURED Which ONE Cowboys player has performed better than you expected this season?

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Which Cowboys player has performed better than you expected this season?

While you can post about anyone on the Cowboys you want, remember to focus on that "better than you expected" part of the question :D
I did not expect much from Dalton, but he served his purpose and then some.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I will say Andy Dalton. He was seen as a back-up and when pressed into service he struggled for a bit in his first 2-1/2 games but after that Dalton has really started to develop a very good report with the offense even with the patchwork offensive line:

Dalton first 2-1/2 Games (NYG, ARI, WASH; including 1 pass against Atlanta) Dallas Record 1-2 (not including game vs. Atlanta due to 1 pass attempt)

52 for 85 61.2% Comp % 452 Yards 1 TD 3 INT's Sacked 7 times QBR 70.2

Dalton next 6 Games Dallas Record 4-2

135 for 201 67.2% Comp % 1,474 Yards 13 TD's 4 INT's Sacked 11 times QBR 104.78

Dalton was also out due to injury and Covid in Weeks 8 & 9 (both losses) but upon returning Dalton has really helped turn things around for Dallas and has really been spreading the ball around to get all 3 starting WR's involved.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Cee Dee Lamb.
I knew he was going to be good, but he's just started scratching the surface of what could be a Hall of Fame career.
If they can have an off season and he can learn the intricacies from Amari on NFL route running this kid could be very special.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Which Cowboys player has performed better than you expected this season?

While you can post about anyone on the Cowboys you want, remember to focus on that "better than you expected" part of the question :D

Dalton Schultz by a mile. Thrust into an opportunity he has shown he can handle it. I wasn't expecting how well he has played.

plymkr

Reaction score
For me it's Dalton Schultz, hands down my biggest surprise. He is reliable, makes tough catches, and when Jarwin went down there wasn't a drop off in TE play.

Pollard is my runner up.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question was which "player" not which "players" :D

It's easy to list all of the players who have had good seasons, but which ONE player performed better than you expected?

Doomsday77

Reaction score
All of these are good ones. I was trying to think of someone not listed here like maybe the Center position in general. Both the rookie and Looney have played very well. Don't remember a time where they gave up a sack down the middle or a bad snap (maybe once?) Also, and I have to say it's expected but how about the longest tenured guy on team still getting it done! Mr. Long Snapper!!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Schultz. He's shown improvement in blocking and has proven to be a versatile target in the passing game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Which ONE Cowboys player has performed better than you expected this season?

Steele....for an UDFA rookie he is holding up rather well.....

fivetwos

Reaction score
McGovern and Wilson are nice choices, but I expected them both to show they are capable of being solid starters.

Schultz was very disappointing until now.

Some guys just need a chance.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Schultz is a legit player 100%. Quality TE that could start for many NFL teams.

Also, Blake Bell has had some nice moments with limited opportunities too. Better hands than expected.

Donovan Wilson @ S is finally a player we can live with. He makes plays and brings violence to the secondary.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Wilson and it's not even close. Dude is showing signs he's an instinctive safety, not a Woods type that admits he sit idle on some of his plays and let others do his job for him.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I would say Randy Gregory but I think I expected him to play at this level just needed to get on the field. The TE Dalton Shultz has been really good and a wayyy better blocker then Blake Jarwin. I’m sold in this guy. On defense gotta be Neville Gallimore he has really made some big plays and is a solid DT.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beat me to the Dalton Schultz answer. He just seemed like a wasted draft pick, mostly because of Witten's reps and being misused.
Glad to see him coming through.