Video: Which overpaid Cowboys player is next to get the ax?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does anyone else need to go.
Just amazing how many stupid opinions are out there by the media and fans.

Though some fans have good opinions as well.

Easyout66

Reaction score
Until a week ago it would have been Zeke.

Perhaps that should give us pause to reflect honestly on our abilities to evaluate professional football players. It may be better to leave that to the coaches /QUOTE]

You realize we don't have any say in the final decisions right? Technically we do leave it up to the coaches

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Bye, Jaylon! Tough seeing you leave so suddenly, but you were way overpaid for the production (or lack of it) you brought on the field. Plus, dirt-cheap rookie LBs in Parsons and Cox made you and your overpaid contract expendable.

Tough but wise decision by the Cowboys. Finally.

So who is next?

Cowherd talks about it:

Who do you think might or should be next based on their overpaid contract, their production (or lack of it) on the field and their younger/cheaper replacements now on the team?

D-Law? Zeke? La'el? Amari?

Who do you see as the next needed cut player and why?

:popcorn:

Personally, I think this is a stupid question. None of those 4 are being cut because when healthy, they are all the best players we have at their positions and they make us better.

#9 wasn’t cut simply because he was overpaid. If he was the best LB on the team or even the best at his position, he’d still be here, despite his inflated salary. He was no longer needed, no longer our best option. That made it smart to cut his salary. Currently, that’s not true of any of the remaining players.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
looking at replies here:

DLaw- not a chance...who steps in? Do we have depth here? Maybe I'm missing some names
Amari- really? He is our best receiver, and Gallup is injured
Jarwin- what happens if Schultz goes down
Zeke- should never have been in the discussion, and in no way is even if he wasn't having a great start to the season
Collins- he drives me crazy, wish we had a sure thing to take over for him, but if we lack solid depth anywhere it's OL

rambo2

Reaction score
I hate the guy, but he makes a valid point.

So, who is next? Lots of overpaid/underachieving players on this team.
You mean you actually watch shows like that? The Cowboys are a very good well balanced team.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He's improved but he always makes the easy throws more difficult for players...and is always late with his read. Most people don't see it...but the trained eye does....and that's what will get him beat in the playoffs. Real question is...has he reached his ceiling? I thought he did last year...but he has gotten slightly better...can he continue to improve?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Personally, I think this is a stupid question. None of those 4 are being cut because when healthy, they are all the best players we have at their positions and they make us better.

#9 wasn’t cut simply because he was overpaid. If he was the best LB on the team or even the best at his position, he’d still be here, despite his inflated salary. He was no longer needed, no longer our best option. That made it smart to cut his salary. Currently, that’s not true of any of the remaining players.
Well, your answer is a stupid answer, because if you had done some research, you would know 2 of those highly overpaid players I listed are currently not the best at their respective position(s) this season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/dal

CeeDee leads this team in receiving yards, not Amari.

Micah leads this Defense and DEs in sacks (2.5), followed by Gregory (2). D-Law doesn't even have a sack yet. Many Dlinemen have much higher tackles totals than D-Law currently has (5). So, this question/thread is definitely valid and an important one.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I've given ESPN and all of their click back programing the axe. Same dialogue, different show...must talk about Cowboys.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have a question, why do you care what players are paid when it is obvious that the Cowboys are one of the better teams in the league?
Why do you care if you balance your checkbook or not?

The answer is very obvious.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Highly doubt Cooper is going to get the Axe. He's been perhaps the first receiver we traded for that has performed really well and still continues that performance. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hill gone along with LVE. Might see them rework D-Laws contract.