Video: Which overpaid Cowboys player is next to get the ax?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rowdy is creepier than this guy>
dangle2.jpg

BigD_95

Reaction score
Bye, Jaylon! Tough seeing you leave so suddenly, but you were way overpaid for the production (or lack of it) you brought on the field. Plus, dirt-cheap rookie LBs in Parsons and Cox made you and your overpaid contract expendable.

Tough but wise decision by the Cowboys. Finally.

So who is next?

Cowherd talks about it:

Who do you think might or should be next based on their overpaid contract, their production (or lack of it) on the field and their younger/cheaper replacements now on the team?

D-Law? Zeke? La'el? Amari?

Who do you see as the next needed cut player and why?

:popcorn:

really needs to be Dlaw

No idea why Collins would be on this list

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I don’t know why so many people are so keen to get rid of Amari. Before we acquired him our offense was hot garbage. I realize our WR situation is a lot better now but regardless, he produces year in, year out. He is by no means cheap, but he does produce, and I think people are delusional if they think Gallup, while an excellent receiver in his own right, will easily replace what Amari brings to the table. Even though Amari is not flashy, he brings enduring excellence to the team, and you can count on him to have a 1000y season every year.

I don’t think any of the highly paid players are at risk of being cut this year mid-season. Jaylon was cut because his play was downright poor, we had better players available at his position, and it was beneficial to cut him now financially in case he got injured. The only ‘star’ player I could see cut during this season is Collins if his suspension headache takes another turn for the worse. Steele is performing admirably and if Collins’ situation becomes more trouble then it’s worth, I could see Dallas dropping him. With that said, OL depth is incredibly valuable as we all know.

I think there are names that should be on their toes for next year however, Lawrence being the main one, because of all the players listed in this thread, he is the one that produces drastically below his salary and it is palatable financially to cut him in the off-season. I still think he’s an excellent defender but for the money he is making you consistently need to be making impact plays, and he does not do that. The rookies that have played in his absence may not be as consistent as Lawrence but they have made more impact plays then he has lately. Impact plays on defense end drives, and that gives extra possessions to your offense. That is what you should be paying star defenders for nowadays.

Lastly, I think Zeke is overpaid because of his position, he is playing well this season, but his financials make it unpalatable to cut him any time soon unless he is massively underproducing like Jaylon.

I think they have a good team this year (they did last year too), and have improved on it with some very solid defensive players, including two players who I think could become real stars and workhorses for this team. They are not going to mess with it for no good reason.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t know why so many people are so keen to get rid of Amari. Before we acquired him our offense was hot garbage. I realize our WR situation is a lot better now but regardless, he produces year in, year out. He is by no means cheap, but he does produce, and I think people are delusional if they think Gallup, while an excellent receiver in his own right, will easily replace what Amari brings to the table. Even though Amari is not flashy, he brings enduring excellence to the team, and you can count on him to have a 1000y season every year.

I don’t think any of the highly paid players are at risk of being cut this year mid-season. Jaylon was cut because his play was downright poor, we had better players available at his position, and it was beneficial to cut him now financially in case he got injured. The only ‘star’ player I could see cut during this season is Collins if his suspension headache takes another turn for the worse. Steele is performing admirably and if Collins’ situation becomes more trouble then it’s worth, I could see Dallas dropping him. With that said, OL depth is incredibly valuable as we all know.

I think there are names that should be on their toes for next year however, Lawrence being the main one, because of all the players listed in this thread, he is the one that produces drastically below his salary and it is palatable financially to cut him in the off-season. I still think he’s an excellent defender but for the money he is making you consistently need to be making impact plays, and he does not do that. The rookies that have played in his absence may not be as consistent as Lawrence but they have made more impact plays then he has lately. Impact plays on defense end drives, and that gives extra possessions to your offense. That is what you should be paying star defenders for nowadays.

Lastly, I think Zeke is overpaid because of his position, he is playing well this season, but his financials make it unpalatable to cut him any time soon unless he is massively underproducing like Jaylon.

I think they have a good team this year (they did last year too), and have improved on it with some very solid defensive players, including two players who I think could become real stars and workhorses for this team. They are not going to mess with it for no good reason.
well said.

kskboys

Reaction score

Can't disagree. DLaw is the type of player you like to have for around 6-7 mil/season.