Which player do/did you like seemingly more than anyone else?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
who did you have a special affinity for for whatever reason?

For some reason I gravitated towards barber after he was drafted I just kinda liked his name and his running style and it turns out didn't he get in a lot of trouble with the law or something happened right ?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Matt Johnson and Pat Watkins. Both were born out of a deep desire to have a safety that could get some INT's. Woods and Heath are my new pet cats.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On the current roster, I have taken a liking to Mark Nzeocha. I enjoy his style of play and would like to see him get an opportunity.

And this won't be very popular, but I'm also really pulling for Brice Butler to succeed this year. I've had a couple conversations with him through social media, and seems like a down-to-earth guy. So for those reasons, I'm pulling for him.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Aikman. I remember the OU game where he broke his leg against Miami. Followed him at UCLA. Watched the Cotton Bowl where he whupped up on Arkansas. Was so pumped that he was going #1 to the Cowboys. The rest is history.

Favorite player of all time is Dorsett, but was to young to follow him in college.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
On the current roster, I have taken a liking to Mark Nzeocha. I enjoy his style of play and would like to see him get an opportunity.

And this won't be very popular, but I'm also really pulling for Brice Butler to succeed this year. I've had a couple conversations with him through social media, and seems like a down-to-earth guy. So for those reasons, I'm pulling for him.
Love Butler, too. He also had nice chemistry with Dak last season, J. Made some wonderful grabs.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeff Heath (though the general impression of Heath seems to be changing), Damien Wilson.

I used to really like Durant, too. Underrated football player, but a good athlete.

The flip side, I never liked Rolando McClain, and I don't really like Elliott. Though Elliott is obviously a hell of a football player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is a lot of role players that I think have taken unnecessary heat. A guy like Terrence Williams for example I feel has taken wayyy too much heat around here. Our coaches let our WR's disappear based on what the defense gives us and he is a guy that has shown up in so many big games for us.

I'm convinced we could have AJ Green here and people would complain because he would disappear just like Dez does.

I like Sterling Moore though. I thought he played pretty good football when he was here.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Jeff Heath (though the general impression of Heath seems to be changing), Damien Wilson.

I used to really like Durant, too. Underrated football player, but a good athlete.

The flip side, I never liked Rolando McClain, and I don't really like Elliott. Though Elliott is obviously a hell of a football player.

:angry:

"Spirit animal" rescinded :)

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Roger Staubach on and off the field and nobody is even close but Emmit Smith, Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters are very honorable people, TooTall Jones as well, just good people. Can't forget the Moose!

I loved Michael Irvin on the field, Charles Haley and Deon Sanders.

We've been blessed with too many to list.

FaSho

Reaction score
Dwayne Goodrich....jk

I can think of a few players: Tashard Choice, Devonte Holloman, Justin Beriault, Raymond Radway. I could probably go on all day. I just like later picks who fight hard to try to earn playing time.

Favorite player of all time is Ware though lol

Reaction score
Roger Staubach on and off the field and nobody is even close but Emmit Smith, Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters are very honorable people, TooTall Jones as well, just good people. Can't forget the Moose!

I loved Michael Irvin on the field, Charles Haley and Deon Sanders.

We've been blessed with too many to list.

I'd throw Everson Walls into that oldies list. Guy was an interception machine who was a former undrafted free agent. And a wonderful human being who donated his kidney to ex-teammate Ron Springs.

Carson

Reaction score
I used to love Kevin Williams and Kenny Gant. My two favorite players growing up

Now it's Zeke

Shuff

Reaction score
Aikman. I remember the OU game where he broke his leg against Miami. Followed him at UCLA. Watched the Cotton Bowl where he whupped up on Arkansas. Was so pumped that he was going #1 to the Cowboys. The rest is history.

Favorite player of all time is Dorsett, but was to young to follow him in college.
My favorite player was also Dorsett, got to see him play his entire career, not much of an Aikman fan though.

John813

Reaction score
Current guys:

Jeff Heath: Pet cat from his draft year.
Alfred Morris: RB from small college, and lights up the league his rookie year. Super humble dude. Shame he is declining. Hated/loved watching him on the Commanders. Bowling ball.

Past:
Lesser known player:
Ryan Fowler: Think it was partially due at first he had the same number jersey I always had while playing football and position. Also, watched the ACC more at the time and thought he was a good find as a UDFA. Then it turned out he was taking PEDs or some**** when he went to the Titans.
(more notable)
Dat Nguyen: Undersized linebacker who played very well for us.
Darren Woodson: What needs to be said? Complete safety. Loved watching him play
There's more, but think I'll keep it at 5.