Which player do/did you like seemingly more than anyone else?

willia451

Reaction score
All the white players. I love them. Because they're the minority. Ha!

7fQG7he.gif

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
who did you have a special affinity for for whatever reason?

For some reason I gravitated towards barber after he was drafted I just kinda liked his name and his running style and it turns out didn't he get in a lot of trouble with the law or something happened right ?
I think he was institutionalized for going a little off kilter, IIRC.

The dude was a helluva pianist, too.

conner01

Reaction score
Over the years, Mike Renfro. Kelvin Martin. Bill Bates. Jim Jeffcoat. Eugene Lockhart. More recently, I was a huge Church fan. Not just because of the whole Jesus thing, either.
Old fart lol
Lily was a guy I just loved
More recently I loved the Fred pick. He was a guy I wanted us to take and never understood those who bashed the pick. Some felt he could be had later but if you get THE guy who is the answer to a problem you don't wait and hope

TheHerd

Reaction score
Loved the original 88 and Preston Pearson. Both guys were players who everyone KNEW was getting the ball, but you couldn't stop them. MAybe Roger throwing them the ball had something to do with it!

After that it was Stepnoski. He reminded me of my running back days in high school, my linemen had a saying for me - he's not big, but he's slow. And maybe a little too familiar with Bob Marley...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Back in the 1990's Darren Woodson was my favorite player. The way he played the game and the type of person he was, he represented the Cowboys well when the morals of the team weren't exactly something to be proud of.

My new pet cat is Chidobe Awuzie. I think he's the best player we drafted this year and fits what Rod wants to do with this defense.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

For some reason I gravitated towards barber after he was drafted I just kinda liked his name and his running style and it turns out didn't he get in a lot of trouble with the law or something happened right ?
Benson Mayowa

RoboQB

Reaction score

Barber was never in any trouble.

I will forever be indebted to Marion Barber for the time he basically ran 7 minutes off the clock to defeat the Commanders
in the rain on their field during a late season Sunday night game. Those skins fans poured out of that stadium by the hundreds
with each carry.

Staubach was my idol... easy choice, but I really can only remember and handful of his games.
Loved Dorsett and Drew Pearson, of course but...

I actually loved watching Danny White and Tony Hill. Also, Randy White and Too Tall Jones.
Too Tall seemed to knock down a pass every game. Mr. Randy White would take on triple teams
because no two men in the league could handle him.

I can remember naming each of Thurman's Thieves with pride. Especially Everson Walls who
led the league in each of his first 3 seasons... 11 picks as a rookie.

Ah, the memories...

In the 90s, there were so many. I'd say Jay Novacek would fit the bill here.
Immediately loved Larry Allen from the night he ran down a Saint DB who had
a pick and thought he would score.

In the last dozen years, Witten and Romo for me. Their toughness demands respect. Plenty
of stories there.

Now, for me. I gotta say Dak. He has Montana-like coolness and the weight of the football world on his shoulders.
But everybody loves Dak. So, I'll say Beasley. He's a tough little dude.

kazzd58

Reaction score

Dez from first practice and Randy Gregory i saw special in those cats from the jump those two stick out to me