Which player in NFL history would you draft No. 1?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I don't know if I've seen a wrong answer to this question (except may Dexter Coakley and I know you were joking @jazzcat22) One of the all-time QB's make sense but in a pinch, I'm going with Randy White. I know...he's too small but watch some footage. My favorite player ever.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t understand the comment. Walter Payton. The guy was nothing but class.I wouldn’t take them first or second overall. But that wasn’t my point. How do you not like sweetness
Was a joke. I know you think mahomes is over rated. The Sweetness was amazing. Was just jabbing at you. Lol.

Swagger

Reaction score
Old days I would go Lawrence Taylor or Joe Greene.

Last 5 years I would go with Peyton Manning.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This is almost like a fantasy draft. You can get QBs and RBs later.

I went with DE because on defense that's the number one position to fill. If I hadn't gone Reggie White, I would have gone Bruce Smith or my player from the past, Deacon Jones.

Need to get to the QB so choose the best three all time from that position.

I know this is just your opinion but to say forget QB's because you can get them later. The QB position has always been the highest paid. It is considered by most as the hardest position in all of sports to play and in the NFL drafts a QB has been the #1 pick many many more times than any other position. But if that's your opinion fine I'm happy for you I just don't agree.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White were the most dominant defensive players.

But if you already know in advance that you get to pick a HOF level QB, you take that guy every time.
The correlation to winning Super Bowls is WAY more directly linked to QBs than any single defensive player.

Take your pick; Montana, Staubach, Brady, Marino, whoever. All would be ahead of the defenders.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I think with the way the league operates right now, you go Brady or Mahomes. The most important position and they can have the longest career.

If you have an elite QB, you can always win games

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This is almost like a fantasy draft. You can get QBs and RBs later.

I went with DE because on defense that's the number one position to fill. If I hadn't gone Reggie White, I would have gone Bruce Smith or my player from the past, Deacon Jones.

Need to get to the QB so choose the best three all time from that position.

I was thinking very similar to that, I'll wait to get a QB. I was thinking Taylor, Reggie White, Deacon Jones was a name I thought of too. I would also consider Primetime, get the best lockdown CB and PR/KR. I'd be perfectly happy "settling" with someone like Aikman, Brees, Rodgers or Kurt Warner in the second round.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This one has to be a QB for the importance of the position.
MARINO.....