Which players will improve the Most?

kartr

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
It better be Henson or we will be in big trouble long term.

Not really. Henson is so far behind in experience at the college and pro level compared to 1st,2nd year players,plus collegians that will have played two to three years, that just about any qb we draft in 2006 will have played more football than he has and will have a better feel for the game. The only thing that Henson has on Romo is size and arm strength, but Romo has played much more football and thus has a better feel for playing the position. That's why I didn't like the Henson signing, he's relearning football. It would have been much more cost effective to draft a qb in 2005 or 2006 for that matter. If we do draft a qb in 2006, that player will have had at least 24 starts recently, compared to Hensons' eight, 5-6 years ago. Such a rookie would be ready to start in 2007, while Henson, who knows.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kartr said:
Not really. Henson is so far behind in experience at the college and pro level compared to 1st,2nd year players,plus collegians that will have played two to three years, that just about any qb we draft in 2006 will have played more football than he has and will have a better feel for the game. The only thing that Henson has on Romo is size and arm strength, but Romo has played much more football and thus has a better feel for playing the position. That's why I didn't like the Henson signing, he's relearning football. It would have been much more cost effective to draft a qb in 2005 or 2006 for that matter. If we do draft a qb in 2006, that player will have had at least 24 starts recently, compared to Hensons' eight, 5-6 years ago. Such a rookie would be ready to start in 2007, while Henson, who knows.

Let me get this right.

A player with first round grades, even AFTER being away for 3 years, with two years in an offensive system is behind a rookie QB?

The word clueless comes to mind.

You make excuses for Carter not having time to develop and blame his short comings on his limited starts, but now you are saying that a rookie...who will NEED a couple of years to get it...won't set the team back? :rolleyes:

Scotman

Reaction score
Crayton.
I don't see our two aging receivers making it all year. I think Crayton will step up big time and be at least our #2 WR by 2006.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
I don't know that he WILL be, but I would hope that he is.

To me, of all our "star" players, he has the most to prove.

But then again, Nguyen, Williams, everyone had a down year. Save Ellis and Glover.

I just hope 2003 was how our defense was supposed to look, not the 2004 nightmare.

If you take a look at our passing D rankings last year, and then look at all the losses in our secondary last year to injury (Woodson, Hunter, Thornton) and to FA (Edwards), throw in the inability to get any pressure off the edge and not enough up the gut, it's no great mystery what happened to the D last year. We were starting our 4th option at CB and weren't deep enough to have any talent at SS last year. I'm not worried about defense this year in the slightest degree.

To answer your question: it's either RWilliams or TNewman. I'm going with Williams.

Oh, and somebody tell the Zimmer-wuss guy that Parcells hasn't taken over the defensive unit this year. It's bad enough to be subjected to that monologue during the offseason. He can't lay the groundwork for undermining Zimmer's successful year this early and that easily.

Reaction score
Gotta go with Terrence. Last year he was on the high wire with no net. Now he has a solid mix out there beside him. Add in the pass rush and the only way to go is up. He's going to have a great season & prove to everyone that he wasn't drafted too high.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i'm on the newman bandwagon. for his sake...he better!

i'm going to add glenn. with a healthy jones and campbell...it could really open it up for witten, key, and most especially for terry.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
How about Bradie James. If he is not one of, or the most improved, he wont be winning that inside linebacker spot. My money is on him, I just dont think he has grasped the mental side of the position, and now its make or break time.all the hype when we drafted him - team captain, The James Gang Defence at LSU. Its time Bradie,take your spot!

LILCOOK

Benched
Reaction score
Lookout for Erik Bickerstaff and Tom Crowder to have big Camps. Bickerstaff reminds me alot of Jamal Lewis the way he runs you'll see.

dboyz

Reaction score
kartr said:

Interesting opinion. IMO you will eat those words some day.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rivera has mentioned several times that Rogers looks really good.

I think him not playing last year had a lot to do with the shoulder injury in camp and the passkey to Parcell's hotel he got from it.

The guy was a outstanding blocker at USC and did have shoulder issues but back in 2001. However he was able to play at a very high level for the next two years and I see him bouncing back in a similar fashion.

I think that Parcells will keep him under the radar due to his hotel but the fact that Rivera has called his name speaks volumes to me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LILCOOK said:
Lookout for Erik Bickerstaff and Tom Crowder to have big Camps. Bickerstaff reminds me alot of Jamal Lewis the way he runs you'll see.

Oh Lord.