Which QB wants to win more?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Age is a factor, Roethlisberger already has 2-3 monster payday contracts. Dak was making 4th round pick money

Exactly why the question of who wants to win more is not relevant in this comparison. In terms of contracts, comparing Ben's contract to Dak's is like comparing apples to oranges. The two players are not the same in multiple factors. Dak is significantly younger than Ben. Dak has been in the league substantially less than Ben. When we faced the Steelers in Dak's rookie year, Ben was already in his 12th season in the NFL. Also, Ben was a first round pick, and he was a rather early first round pick at that. Dak was taken with a comp 4th pick. Thus their rookie deals were different (and Ben started in a different era of NFL Football). Thus, to say that Ben "wants to win" more than Dak based on contracts is a poor statement. If Dak were at the same age as Ben and was taken in the same round, then the comparison would carry more water imo.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind the answer is blowing in the wind

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First we have Ben Roethlisberger, who has taken a pay cut because he wants his team to be able to sign top talent. And it was his idea.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...rder-help-pittsburgh-steelers-sign-top-talent

In Dallas we have Mr. Dak who refused to sign for anything less than the 2nd highest contract in NFL history, a greedy move on his part that clearly hampers the teams ability to bring in top talent. And all this after having accomplished nothing in his short career.

So you tell me - which QB wants to win and which QB is more interested in the size of his bank account?

Let the flaming begin......
Not a fair comparison. Big Ben has already made his millions.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
you are comparing apples to oranges to manufacture an argument.
Ben is 39 years old, only has a few more years to play, and has already made boatloads of money.
Ben wasn't offering discounts when he was 27 and before he got his first big contract.
He wasn't even offering discounts at 37. He was among the highest paid in the NFL at that point, 2nd only to Russell Wilson.

IMO Dak took the Cowboys to the cleaners with that oversized contract, but nevertheless I agree the OP was indeed comparing apples to oranges for the sake of an argument, just like you said. ;)

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
IMO Dak took the Cowboys to the cleaners with that oversized contract, but nevertheless I agree the OP was indeed comparing apples to oranges for the sake of an argument, just like you said. ;)

Jerry and Stephen have a habit of taking themselves to the cleaners because "we like our guys".

They paid Jaylon early, caved to Zeke and DLaw, so no one should've been surprised when they paid through the nose for Dak. He wasn't going anywhere.

It's almost as if they're not very good at their self-appointed jobs-for-life, or something.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen have a habit of taking themselves to the cleaners because "we like our guys".
They paid Jaylon early, caved to Zeke and DLaw, so no one should've been surprised when they paid through the nose for Dak. He wasn't going anywhere.
It's almost as if they're not very good at their self-appointed jobs-for-life, or something

I know you're right Jake. It's not like Dak actually held a gun to their heads, but it still takes 2 to tango. Dak and his agent figured they had the advantage and Dak wasn't concerned for the team or anything else, so he went for everything he could get. He's just as guilty for his own greed as Jerry and Steven are for their own foolishness, like with Jaylon, Zeke and Dlaw. If the Jones' had settled back when they could've, they would've gotten a more realistic deal for Dac.
Don't misunderstand, I like Dak and I think keeping him was smarter than trying to replace him, I just didn't like the exorbitant contract at the expense of the rest of the team. I guess the only thing we can do now is hope Dak proves to be worth it.

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
In hindsight
The Cowboys should've held off on signing Dak until after the draft.
Justin Fields was still on the board at 10.
We could've had one of the best QBs in the draft on a 4 year rookie contract that is basically a Dak clone.