Which QB wants to win more?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Another lie. Some of us wanted Dak to get paid so that the team would have a chance at winning. Quit the lies.
You wanted him to get paid because of your obsession with the man.

If given the Choice of Dak or success of Dallas. . . you Fan Boys chose Dak

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak like any 1st time FA QB got paid, I take Wilson in seattle is not a leader? or Brees when he was top paid? how about Rodgers? the list can go on and on. Dak is no more or less greedy than any player who hits FA 1st time around. That is the contract that they get paid. Dak wanting top money makes him no less of a leader. As I have said many times within 2 years Dak contract will not be one of the highest as other QB hit FA and teams will do what they have to, to be able to retain them.
Everyone you named has a Ring except for Dak

Doomsday101

Reaction score

and so now they are greedy? jimmy Garoppolo was the highest paid at one point, Goff was paid as was Wentz. Fact remains players hit FA and that 1st chance at FA especially at QB we see big contract. I don't see Dak as Greedy I see him striking while the iron is hot. The next crop of FA QB like Josh Allen will see even bigger money.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
and so now they are greedy? jimmy Garoppolo was the highest paid at one point, Goff was paid as was Wentz. Fact remains players hit FA and that 1st chance at FA especially at QB we see big contract. I don't see Dak as Greedy I see him striking while the iron is hot. The next crop of FA QB like Josh Allen will see even bigger money.

Josh Allen just played in a championship game in his 3rd season. He's earned his pay day more than your hero. What has Dak accomplished again?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Josh Allen just played in a championship game in his 3rd season. He's earned his pay day more than your hero. What has Dak accomplished again?

again at QB when they hit FA they look to cash in, you don't have to like it but it happens league wide, this BS of he is greedy? well so is everyone else, then again it is not your butt on the line. I think they all get paid too much but I will not single out 1 when it happens league wide. This notion that Dak should take some lowball number that would have him as one of the lowest paid with 2 years is ridiculous, what Dak is being paid today will not be at the top of the league with in 2 years and for players they get 1 shot at FA and your stupid not to take advantage of it when you time comes. As players get older those contract offers become much less

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers was the highest paid quarterback at one time, now he's tied for 5th, per Over the Cap. How long did he last at the top?

Not even a year, as I recall, Wilson went over Rodgers' average salary in 2019, Rodgers signed in 2018. And I think it was actually a month or so less than one year.

Locking in a player's salary for a number of years at least takes away some of the uncertainty of what the future holds....

NotForLong

Reaction score
Josh Allen is good I would pay . . . Dak no I would not pay.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If Ben wanted the Steelers to win, by the OP logic, he never would have signed that last contract.

Only reason he restructured is because A) he's completely washed and B) they were going to cut him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

True, but Wilson has been in the league 9 years, he only went to his two SBs when his team had the number one defense. Dak's only been in the league for 5 years, only got to play the entire season for 4. Never has had the no. 1 defense.

P. Manning was in the league for 4 years before he won a playoff game.

Brees was in the league for 20 years and won one ring.

When Dak's career is over, then let's compare him to the three you mentioned....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
First we have Ben Roethlisberger, who has taken a pay cut because he wants his team to be able to sign top talent. And it was his idea.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...rder-help-pittsburgh-steelers-sign-top-talent

In Dallas we have Mr. Dak who refused to sign for anything less than the 2nd highest contract in NFL history, a greedy move on his part that clearly hampers the teams ability to bring in top talent. And all this after having accomplished nothing in his short career.

So you tell me - which QB wants to win and which QB is more interested in the size of his bank account?

Let the flaming begin......

Ben Roethlisberger is 39 years old, has been "paid" many times - he got $40 million last year at age 38 so I guess he didn't want to win in 2020. :rolleyes:

Make a valid comparison and maybe you'll have a point. Expecting a guy who had never been "paid" to take discounts his entire career is absurd.

The real issue is you don't like Dak, don't think he should've ever been paid, so you're grasping at straws.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Give me a break. Ben has already been paid a lot. Dak has been playing for peanuts. Why would Dak take a pay cut when Coop, Zeke, and the Oline all make a ton?

He’s doing what every other player in this league should do and that’s getting his.
:clap::bow:

cowboyec

Reaction score
not for his 2nd contract he didn't.
and didnt mr. team friendly crash his motorcycle one year....the one he wasn't supposed to be riding according to his team friendly contract???
stop.
he got his money.
like they all do.
QBs are expensive...especially good ones.
i made peace with that a long time ago.

cowboyec

Reaction score
First we have Ben Roethlisberger, who has taken a pay cut because he wants his team to be able to sign top talent. And it was his idea.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...rder-help-pittsburgh-steelers-sign-top-talent

In Dallas we have Mr. Dak who refused to sign for anything less than the 2nd highest contract in NFL history, a greedy move on his part that clearly hampers the teams ability to bring in top talent. And all this after having accomplished nothing in his short career.

So you tell me - which QB wants to win and which QB is more interested in the size of his bank account?

bull.

Hadenough

Reaction score

The answer is Rothlisberger even though I dont like the guy.
Maybe Dak realizes he has to grab what he can because the next few years will expose him as an avg QB pretending he is a top 3. Hes fooling some of these people but not me. And for those of you crying that Rothlisberger has been paid. Dak could of taken 32 mil or 34 mil or even 36 mil but nope he had to reach. Even Tannehill settled for 29 mil. Dak is freaking Greedy and his greed will hurt the team. Maybe not this season but its coming. I also blame Jerry for being so dumb to pay avg like its elite.

Last edited: