Which QB wants to win more?

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by acr731, Jun 2, 2021.

1. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

2,961 Messages
    3,082 Likes Received
    You wanted him to get paid because of your obsession with the man.

If given the Choice of Dak or success of Dallas. . . you Fan Boys chose Dak

2. NotForLong

2,961 Messages
    3,082 Likes Received
    Everyone you named has a Ring except for Dak

3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

99,633 Messages
    26,607 Likes Received
    and so now they are greedy? jimmy Garoppolo was the highest paid at one point, Goff was paid as was Wentz. Fact remains players hit FA and that 1st chance at FA especially at QB we see big contract. I don't see Dak as Greedy I see him striking while the iron is hot. The next crop of FA QB like Josh Allen will see even bigger money.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  4. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

25,380 Messages
    23,944 Likes Received
    Quit lying Troll

5. acr731

acr731 Zone Supporter

3,922 Messages
    10,092 Likes Received
    Josh Allen just played in a championship game in his 3rd season. He's earned his pay day more than your hero. What has Dak accomplished again?

NotForLong likes this.
  6. Doomsday101

99,633 Messages
    26,607 Likes Received
    again at QB when they hit FA they look to cash in, you don't have to like it but it happens league wide, this BS of he is greedy? well so is everyone else, then again it is not your butt on the line. I think they all get paid too much but I will not single out 1 when it happens league wide. This notion that Dak should take some lowball number that would have him as one of the lowest paid with 2 years is ridiculous, what Dak is being paid today will not be at the top of the league with in 2 years and for players they get 1 shot at FA and your stupid not to take advantage of it when you time comes. As players get older those contract offers become much less

7. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

7,433 Messages
    4,576 Likes Received
    Aaron Rodgers was the highest paid quarterback at one time, now he's tied for 5th, per Over the Cap. How long did he last at the top?

Not even a year, as I recall, Wilson went over Rodgers' average salary in 2019, Rodgers signed in 2018. And I think it was actually a month or so less than one year.

Locking in a player's salary for a number of years at least takes away some of the uncertainty of what the future holds....

8. NotForLong

2,961 Messages
    3,082 Likes Received
    Josh Allen is good I would pay . . . Dak no I would not pay.

9. Doomsday101

99,633 Messages
    26,607 Likes Received
    Good to know

10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,440 Messages
    14,594 Likes Received
    If Ben wanted the Steelers to win, by the OP logic, he never would have signed that last contract.

Only reason he restructured is because A) he's completely washed and B) they were going to cut him.

11. LACowboysFan1

7,433 Messages
    4,576 Likes Received
    Too late!

12. LACowboysFan1

7,433 Messages
    4,576 Likes Received
    True, but Wilson has been in the league 9 years, he only went to his two SBs when his team had the number one defense. Dak's only been in the league for 5 years, only got to play the entire season for 4. Never has had the no. 1 defense.

P. Manning was in the league for 4 years before he won a playoff game.

Brees was in the league for 20 years and won one ring.

When Dak's career is over, then let's compare him to the three you mentioned....

Jake and Doomsday101 like this.
  13. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

24,192 Messages
    47,241 Likes Received
    Ben Roethlisberger is 39 years old, has been "paid" many times - he got $40 million last year at age 38 so I guess he didn't want to win in 2020. :rolleyes:

Make a valid comparison and maybe you'll have a point. Expecting a guy who had never been "paid" to take discounts his entire career is absurd.

The real issue is you don't like Dak, don't think he should've ever been paid, so you're grasping at straws.

14. zrinkill

zrinkill Fan Zone Supporter

39,914 Messages
    12,746 Likes Received
  15. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

27,802 Messages
    69,054 Likes Received
  16. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

8,232 Messages
    6,759 Likes Received
    That's quite a straw man you've constructed there.

17. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

27,802 Messages
    69,054 Likes Received
    [​IMG]
    :clap::bow:

18. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

24,493 Messages
    29,340 Likes Received
    not for his 2nd contract he didn't.
    and didnt mr. team friendly crash his motorcycle one year....the one he wasn't supposed to be riding according to his team friendly contract???
    stop.
    he got his money.
    like they all do.
    QBs are expensive...especially good ones.
    i made peace with that a long time ago.

19. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

24,493 Messages
    29,340 Likes Received
    bull.

20. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

6,316 Messages
    7,259 Likes Received
    The answer is Rothlisberger even though I dont like the guy.
    Maybe Dak realizes he has to grab what he can because the next few years will expose him as an avg QB pretending he is a top 3. Hes fooling some of these people but not me. And for those of you crying that Rothlisberger has been paid. Dak could of taken 32 mil or 34 mil or even 36 mil but nope he had to reach. Even Tannehill settled for 29 mil. Dak is freaking Greedy and his greed will hurt the team. Maybe not this season but its coming. I also blame Jerry for being so dumb to pay avg like its elite.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021