Which QB's get long term extensions past year 8 with no deep playoff runs?

Blitzen

Reaction score
It is amazing. Our defense has no problem clobbering tier 1 teams, splits with tier 2 and losses to tier 1.

What an amazing coincidence.
We are talking performance and you know it (not just wins and losses-so I could have changed the terms). I already stated that the Dallas defense was so bad, that the Cowboys had little to no chance versus GB.

I also contend that Dak’s trend of miserable performances in first halves of playoff games should also get center stage attention, and have absolutely severely damaged the team’s chances of winning.

The defense was very good versus the SF offense in the playoff game following the 2021 season, and elite vs a tier 1 SF offense in the playoff game after the 2022 season.

Creeper

Reaction score
I did not believe any of the hype. Number 1 priority stated by McCarthy after 2022 season was to fix the running game.

What investments did we make in the running game in the off season?

Is GM Jeruh and McCarthy on the same page???

Do they have different priorities?

Is it a good idea to make a mid season trade for a position that was no immediate need without talking to your HC?

Could we have traded a 4th for desperately needed LB help?

Don't let Owner Jerry, sell you on GM Jeruh's BS.
This is my point. We've been shopping at K-Mart for years and somehow we expect to be the belle of the ball.

Early in the year, MM was trying to run the ball more. That didn't really work so he opened it up and got away with the passing game. The defense beat up bad offenses.

My only point is that blaming Dak as if the rest of the team is fine is really not a great argument.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You make some great points...........it takes a total team, players and coaches, all working together in sync to win in the playoffs.

Like you said, you can have Peyton Manning as your QB, but if your HC is not that good, you are not going to win in the playoffs where the talent level is even.

That is why everybody trying to place the blame for playoff failure on Dak just doesnt make sense, there were a lot of other players (and coaches) that failed just as much as Dak did.
yes, I think the qb always gets the blame as he is the front man for the team, we watch him every single play .
And the ints are always the qb fault esp later when your looking at stats.

Getting another qb wont make dallas a instant SB team , unless he is a mahomes clone. Dallas has lots of problems, and
jones boys are not going to fix them.