Which roster is better - Dallas or Philly?

Fwed

Reaction score
S. TE. DT. are all clear edges for them.

LB. RB. CB (because of Jones). are all clear edges for us.

The rest are toss ups. Note, I am not telling you the Cowboys can't be the more talented team or aren't the more talented team, but it's a hell of a lot more closer in terms of roster talent than you think.
You folks are severely overrating Dak.

Fwed

Reaction score
Eagles played a lot of dime last year with Jenkins at LB because they had to. They didn't have any good LBs outside of Bradham. Hicks was perpetually nicked up, etc.

And let's note, it wasn't like the Eagles defense was dominant last year. So I am not sure I'd use Jenkins playing a lot of dime LB is proof that the LB position is dying.
Jenkins played a lot of pseudo LB even when Hicks was healthy.

Sydla

Reaction score
You folks are severely overrating Dak.

Well for starters, I'd hardly be called a Dak supporter if you want to ask other people around here.

And while I personally think Wentz is (or will end up being) the better QB, they are a lot closer than Eagles fans want to think. Throw in the serious injury concerns with Wentz at this point and it's hard to sit here and say the Eagles have the clear, big time advantage at QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well for starters, I'd hardly be called a Dak supporter if you want to ask other people around here.

And while I personally think Wentz is (or will end up being) the better QB, they are a lot closer than Eagles fans want to think. Throw in the serious injury concerns with Wentz at this point and it's hard to sit here and say the Eagles have the clear, big time advantage at QB.
:hammer:

Rajveer

Reaction score
A good friend of mine, who is an Eagles fan, was over for drinks this weekend, and we got into a debate about Philly versus Dallas. He pointed out a stupid fan poll, which said the Eagles were the favorites this coming season in the NFC East. I asked him what Philadelphia has done to make their roster that much better than the 9-7 team that sneaked into the back door of the playoffs last year, given the fact that they no longer have their Lord and Savior Nick Foles. He said Philly absolutely has a better roster than Dallas right now. I said I think he's crazy. As an exercise, let me know if you agree with this attempt at an unbiased assessment:

OFFENSE

QB: Philly
-Prescott has better stats and a better record, but Wentz has played extremely well when healthy. If both players are 100% healthy, Wentz might be a better QB. It's closer than my Eagles fan friend will ever admit, though.

RB: Dallas
-There's no debate here

WR: Dallas
-This one is where our debate would probably start. He thinks Alshon Jeffrey is a really good receiver. I'm not all that impressed with him. He's certainly a different type of receiver than Amari Cooper, but I don't think he's better. Cooper has better stats and more Pro Bowls than Jeffrey, in fewer years. At the #2 WR spot, DeShaun Jackson is probably better than Michael Gallup due to experience. At the #3 WR spot, Nelson Agholor and Randall Cobb may be a push.

TE: Philly
-Zach Ertz is one of the best in the business, for sure, and his backup is pretty good too.

OL: Dallas
-This is actually a pretty close one too, but I think if Frederick comes back at near 100%, Dallas' Great Wall will be back in business.

DEFENSE

DE: Dallas
-With Lawrence now signed and Quinn on board for a year, I think Dallas has this one

DT: Philly
-Fletcher Cox is really, really good and Malik Jackson was a good signing.

LB: Dallas
-I don't see any logical argument here.

CB: Dallas
-This may be where my bias is showing, but I think our lineup looks better than theirs. Both teams have good young CBs, but Dallas had one Pro Bowler and Philly had none, so we win.

S: Philly
-Malcolm Jenkins is a very good safety.

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Dallas
-Maybe ... I don't know. Neither team had a particularly good kicker this year.

P: I have no idea
-Really ... no idea[/QUO

Dallas has a better roster
Dallas has better fans
Dallas has a better stadium

Case Closed!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Overall, there’s no doubt in my mind that we have the overall better roster. We have more dynamic players, particularly on offense and at linebacker. Plus, we’re younger which is a BIG plus.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And you’re severely overrating Wentz’s ability to stay on the field.
Not even just that, severely overeating Wentz's play

Wentz might be much more injury prone, but he also has played worse than Dak while on the field up to this point. We'll see what happens from here on it.

It reminds me of the trollingthenation from last years Eagles game. Many of their posters were wishing they had Dak instead and were sick of Wentz overthrowing everything.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Not even just that, severely overeating Wentz's play

Wentz might be much more injury prone, but he also has played worse than Dak while on the field up to this point. We'll see what happens from here on it.

It reminds me of the trollingthenation from last years Eagles game. Many of their posters were wishing they had Dak instead and were sick of Wentz overthrowing everything.

Wentz has the better pedigree, Prescott has played better and remained healthy.

The QB position between the two teams- as of today is no worse than a push, and probably favors Prescott considering his durability and dual threat statistics.

Fwed

Reaction score

I agree on the injury front but apart from that they are not even close. And yes the ability to stay healthy is huge.

Fwed

Reaction score
Wentz has the better pedigree, Prescott has played better and remained healthy.

The QB position between the two teams- as of today is no worse than a push, and probably favors Prescott considering his durability and dual threat statistics.
Dak played better their rookie seasons. Since then wentz has outplayed him by a wide margin.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Wince should push to speed up his new contract while they are still under the illusion that he's an elite QB..........to the tune of about 10yrs, @about 40M per year, 130M guaranteed.................pretty good contract for a part-time QB.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak is healthy and Wentz is riding the pine. Pretty easy.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak played better their rookie seasons. Since then wentz has outplayed him by a wide margin.

Yes. Wentz is so amazing his team has played just as well or better without him the past 2 seasons.

Is Wentz the first amazing QB in history, whose college team and NFL team both didn’t skip a beat without him?