Which running back do you want?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll go with Trey Benson.
Benson 1, Brooks 1A. I dont think we have a real shot at Benson, and Im not as worried about Brooks knee as others.

Wright and Irving as close for me. Wright is a freak athlete, and Irving is a " bettee than the sum of his parts" kind of player. Both should be productive backs. I have Allen behind them. He is only going to be able to run inside the tackle boxes in the NFL, and thats going to limit him. He is going to he like Damien Harris

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Prefer Benson but don’t want the team considering RB until round 3 so that will be a miss.

We’ll take the cripple in round two and sometime between the ‘24 & ‘25 season it will come out that he was not fully recovered from the ACL but we can be assured ‘25 will be a big year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Benson
Brooks
Isaiah Davis ....South Dakota State ( top rushing RB, 1500+ yards, 6.7 ypc )

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m starting to like Jaylen Wright a lot. Been in love with Allen and Benson for awhile. If Brooks didn’t have that ACL I would like him more. It will be a year before he’s fully back.

Hardline

Reaction score
Historically the Cowboys never had great success without a top RB. Take the best one you can . I would take any one of the three in the 2nd round.

Benson
Wright
Brooks

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Benson's the top guy this year, but I think Wright is right on his heels.

I also really like Jonathan Brooks' all-around game. Good size, natural zone runner, great hands, and he was the best pass blocking RB in college football last year per PFF. The obvious question is how much juice is that ACL injury going to cost him. But on tape, he's the best RB in this class, and a no-doubt 3 down starter.

After those three, I just see committee backs at best. Corum might light it up if he makes it to a McVay tree offense. Irving has great tape, but marginal size-speed RBs usually don't do well in the pros. Allen is a fullback.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If it ain’t Benson anyone in the 3rd, ideally 4th, or later.

rambo2

Reaction score
Prefer Benson but don’t want the team considering RB until round 3 so that will be a miss.

We’ll take the cripple in round two and sometime between the ‘24 & ‘25 season it will come out that he was not fully recovered from the ACL but we can be assured ‘25 will be a big year.
Brooks has the least mileage and is only 20 years old.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Brooks has the least mileage and is only 20 years old.
Milage not super high on my priority list as RB’s are trending toward 1 and done contracts. They’re not OT’s you grab and pencil in for a 10 year career.

Part II of the issue I have is that even though he will be physically cleared there are too many stories of the athletes not be mentally clear from injury and fully trust that they can go 100%.

If Im looking at having a guy for 4-5 years I don’t want his first year ( potentially 20-25% of his tenure) feeling as if he’s not running at max. capacity. Just my take.