Which running back do you want?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Benson
Brooks
Isaiah Davis ....South Dakota State ( top rushing RB, 1500+ yards, 6.7 ypc )
I'm hoping Davis might be a guy we could add to the mix on the third day. I don't know if he makes it past the third or early fourth, though. Ideally for me, we'd get someone like Benson, Brooks or Wright in the second or third and someone like Davis in the fifth or sixth and see if we can fix our RB room for several years.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hate it. But both lines getting fixed is more important. If we cant block it doesn't matter who is running it. Barry Sanders isn't available.
I think both are important. We need to address all three in the first three rounds if there's not a player at another position that is just an unbelievable value. Right now, all things being equal, I'd go with C in the first, RB in the second and DT in the third. But if someone like Murphy is available at 24, then take him instead and address OL and RB in the next two rounds. There will be a lot of similarly rated players at most of our picks, so you take what you need most in that case.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I’m starting to like Jaylen Wright a lot. Been in love with Allen and Benson for awhile. If Brooks didn’t have that ACL I would like him more. It will be a year before he’s fully back.
Think 3 RBs go in the 3rd....

Bengals- Benson
Browns-Brooks
Cowboys-Wright

But if we pass on a RB in the 2nd...thinking someone will be available in the 3rd...

Giants- Allen
Chargers-Corum
Bears-Shipley

Don't think your getting a guy that can carry it more than 12-15....and your looking @ a RB by committee....

Which I'm not a big fan of....but knowing this team....they probably love this idea...since you don't have to pay anyone....

1942willys

Reaction score
I'm hoping Davis might be a guy we could add to the mix on the third day. I don't know if he makes it past the third or early fourth, though. Ideally for me, we'd get someone like Benson, Brooks or Wright in the second or third and someone like Davis in the fifth or sixth and see if we can fix our RB room for several years.
I had three pet cats:
Frazier at Center
Sweat at DT
Davis at RB

Now I am down to two since Sweat just played the Idiot Card

gimmesix

Reaction score
Think 3 RBs go in the 3rd....

Bengals- Benson
Browns-Brooks
Cowboys-Wright

But if we pass on a RB in the 2nd...thinking someone will be available in the 3rd...

Giants- Allen
Chargers-Corum
Bears-Shipley

Don't think your getting a guy that can carry it more than 12-15....and your looking @ a RB by committee....

Which I'm not a big fan of....but knowing this team....they probably love this idea...since you don't have to pay anyone....
I wonder if the Browns might be hesitant about Brooks since they already have a running back coming off an ACL/MCL injury.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
TYRONE TRACY JR.
PURDUE
RB
HEIGHT
5’ 11’’
WEIGHT
209 lbs
ARM
31 3/4’’
HAND
9 1/8’’

40-Yard Dash​

Seconds

10-Yard Split​

Seconds

Vertical Jump​

40’’

Broad Jump​

10’ 4’’

3-Cone Drill​

Seconds

20-Yd Shuttle​

Fifth Round please.......................

chicago JK

Reaction score
limited watching, but I like Corum. His # of carries are a little concerning and he played for a team who really valued running the ball. But i really value guys who were productive and find ways to make people miss and get more yardage in tight spaces. The highlights of guys running untouched for 70 yards rarely happen in the NFL.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I really don't like the backs in this draft.

I think of all of them I'd be most happy with Bucky Irving or Blake Corum.

Flamma

Reaction score
You don't like Benson?
I actually meant, no RB coming off an ACL injury. My post suggested I wanted one.

It's not that I don't like any of these players. Just wouldn't draft a rookie coming off an ACL unless they had incredible talent. Enough to risk it.

rambo2

Reaction score
I actually meant, no RB coming off an ACL injury. My post suggested I wanted one.

It's not that I don't like any of these players. Just wouldn't draft a rookie coming off an ACL unless they had incredible talent. Enough to risk it.
Benson had an acl and a mcl repair in 2020.