Which running back do you want?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I really don't like the backs in this draft.

I think of all of them I'd be most happy with Bucky Irving or Blake Corum.
Both of them are too small....and we already got a midget that can't pass block

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If the options of Benson, Brooks, or Wright are off the board, I wouldn’t be against Braelon Allen in R3 (no earlier though).

If the board is wiped out I would like to see us take a guy like Rasheen Ali and pair him with Dowdle. I’m not a believer in Duece as a legitimate contributor.

Sydla

Reaction score
If the options of Benson, Brooks, or Wright are off the board, I wouldn’t be against Braelon Allen in R3 (no earlier though).

If the board is wiped out I would like to see us take a guy like Rasheen Ali and pair him with Dowdle. I’m not a believer in Duece as a legitimate contributor.
You are likely going to have to use your 2nd for one of the first three.

If they are forced to go Allen in the 3rd, I understand it given their literally zero effort to improve the TB position in FA, but I won't be a fan. Refuses to run the 40, bad testing overall............ I get that testing isn't the end all be all but this guy strikes me as a relatively low level athlete compared to similar rated players.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You are likely going to have to use your 2nd for one of the first three.

If they are forced to go Allen in the 3rd, I understand it given their literally zero effort to improve the TB position in FA, but I won't be a fan. Refuses to run the 40, bad testing overall............ I get that testing isn't the end all be all but this guy strikes me as a relatively low level athlete compared to similar rated players.
Yeah, his testing numbers (vert and broad) are eerily similar to Zeke’s. It’s weird, all I’ve heard about Allen the past two years is what an athletic freak he was supposed to be. That said, I think he’s an adequate athlete for a power back and in R3 I’m okay with it.

I’m actually okay with going RB in R2 because it’s such a critical need for our offense and value (whomever we draft will get a ton of reps), unlike drafting a blocking TE.

morasp

Reaction score
TYRONE TRACY JR.
PURDUE
RB
HEIGHT
5’ 11’’
WEIGHT
209 lbs
ARM
31 3/4’’
HAND
9 1/8’’

40-Yard Dash​

Seconds

10-Yard Split​

Seconds

Vertical Jump​

40’’

Broad Jump​

10’ 4’’

3-Cone Drill​

Seconds

20-Yd Shuttle​

Fifth Round please.......................
He's also experienced at WR

cnuball21

Reaction score
With no injury history I really like Brooks game. He’s a do it all guy that I think could step in day 1 and be a quality starter.

Due to the injury history though Benson is my RB1.

After those 2 I think it’s flavors of ice cream. I’m a fan of Lloyd, Wright and Allen.Also realllllly like the kid from Purdue.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, his testing numbers (vert and broad) are eerily similar to Zeke’s. It’s weird, all I’ve heard about Allen the past two years is what an athletic freak he was supposed to be. That said, I think he’s an adequate athlete for a power back and in R3 I’m okay with it.

I’m actually okay with going RB in R2 because it’s such a critical need for our offense and value (whomever we draft will get a ton of reps), unlike drafting a blocking TE.
My fear is there is a run on the backs and Benson and Wright and Brooks are off the board by their 2nd round pick, they get desperate and take Allen or even Estime in a panic move.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's also experienced at WR
Wonder if he could be an option at both positions. The way we are going we need the flex guys to fill in whatever hole we create in free agency. Right now, we could use a No. 3 receiver (possibly a No. 2) and a No. 1 or No. 2 RB.

morasp

Reaction score
Wonder if he could be an option at both positions. The way we are going we need the flex guys to fill in whatever hole we create in free agency. Right now, we could use a No. 3 receiver (possibly a No. 2) and a No. 1 or No. 2 RB.
I would think the ambiguity would create some confusion on the defense and he should have some good route running skills and hands out of the backfield.

Last edited: