Which scenario seems likely?

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Cooper is going to help. He has to. Much like Dez and Witten helped last year. The bigger question is will it be enough to push us over the top with Dak?

Dez hasn't helped do anything except create a distraction for three years and Witten was done three years ago.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Tennessee game should give us some indication of where this team is headed. We SHOULD beat the Titans and get back to 4 and 4 with 8 games left to go. The last three games should also be wins. So that would get us to 7 wins if we take care of business.

The middle games are where the runner meets the road. If we beat the Skins, we catch them and even up the head to head wins.

If we lose the Titans game, I think it's going to be a long remainder of the year.
If they lose to the Titans, we're really going to be pissed about giving up that 1st and they'll be greasing the light poles in Oakland.

staubach24

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and be more optimistic than some in the zone and go with scenario #1. I think that the defense is gonna keep us in most games, and the upgrade of a happy, rejuvenated Amari has a trickle down effect on the whole offense. The team will go 7-2 the rest of the way and sneak in as a wildcard

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yep and the fact they are the best NFC team so far. But that D could be a problem down the road. And calling AZ and SF average is really nice of you.

It is the teams that can make the big plays, score in clumps and put pressure on the Cowboys offense that concern me. PHL(2), ATL, NO, TB and even Indy are concerns to me because the Cowboys haven't really proven they're better than Indy. TEN is the only one I really feel confident about.

I tell ya, gimme, I really don't have a handle on how good or bad the Cowboys are at this point. I've seen rain but I haven't seen a lot of fire except in one game.

Well, I think they're bad, but I don't think they're alone. Lots of company.

I agree that there are plenty of teams that can give them problems because of how they've played on offense. Those teams have problems of their own, though, so it might balance out.

Honestly, I love it when Dallas wins and can't ever pull for them to lose, but I'm at the point where I can live with it if it forces changes that give us a chance for future success.

Lots of winnable games for a team that hasn't shown that it can win them ... and that is frustrating. We should not be like this on offense when we've finally built the defense up to the point where it is an asset instead of a liability.

kskboys

Reaction score
So if scenario 2 is most likely, as I think it is, what good does this trade do for us? If we don’t make the playoffs and we don’t have a #1 pick next year, and we’re stuck with Jason Garrett again, is this franchise going forward? Or backward?
Trade was a panic move.

CapnB

Reaction score
If they lose to the Titans, we're really going to be pissed about giving up that 1st and they'll be greasing the light poles in Oakland.

At least they're greasing it... wait, are we talking about the same thing?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Trade was a panic move.
I'm hoping it's JJ telling Garrett "I did everything for you. You failed. Your fired." If we end the season with a losing record. The problem I have with that train of thought is that it screws the next coach with no #1 draft pick.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hoping it's JJ telling Garrett "I did everything for you. You failed. Your fired." If we end the season with a losing record. The problem I have with that train of thought is that it screws the next coach with no #1 draft pick.
Garrett should have been fired last year. But if he can’t take this team to the playoffs...AGAIN...for the 6th time in 8 full seasons, it’s past time for the pink slip.

We all know Jerry is mostly a joke as a GM. If he keeps Garrett another year if we get another non-playoff year, it stretches even whatever sketchy credibility Jerry has left. You can’t say you’re serious about winning by keeping that kind of coach around with that little of success.

kskboys

Reaction score
Garrett should have been fired last year. But if he can’t take this team to the playoffs...AGAIN...for the 6th time in 8 full seasons, it’s past time for the pink slip.

We all know Jerry is mostly a joke as a GM. If he keeps Garrett another year if we get another non-playoff year, it stretches even whatever sketchy credibility Jerry has left. You can’t say you’re serious about winning by keeping that kind of coach around with that little of success.
His credibility is long long gone. That ship sailed years ago.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

Last year was still overdue.