Which team will win SB first... Cowboys or Commanders?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas has Jerry Jones

Washington has Danny Boy

If you look up Super Bowl in the dictionary, it reads "The championship game of professional football. For acronym, see Daniel Snyder"

I swear

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Commanders within the next 3 seasons, after which Gibbs will retire with 4 SB victories with 4 different QBs and 4 different RBs.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Commanders within the next 3 seasons, after which Gibbs will retire with 4 SB victories with 4 different QBs and 4 different RBs.

All accomplished with 4 seeing eye dogs, 4 changes of depends and a 4 legged walker.
icon10.gif

Just messin'............

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Their key players on offense (besides Witten) are ancient and on the decline.

Glenn had the best year of his career last year, Bledsoe one of the best years he's had in a couple years, that's not in decline, our OLine sucks, yes, but we can fix that

on D we just need a couple more playmaking LBs and a FS

we dont' have THAT many holes to fill...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan26 said:
If J Campbell fulfills expectations in 06 or 07, definitely the Skins get to the SB first. I like the chances of him being good
:laugh2:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Taylor_Can_Hit21 said:
Commanders obviously...your recievers will eventually get too old to breathe and they will have to get off the team.

No QB, No Wrs...no RB? No offense? Sounds like the future of Dallas to me.

Dallas to be sure..by the way..if Taylor gets jailed I guess your screen name will be jailed too :laugh2::laugh1::lmao2:

Bizwah

Reaction score
You can get on our offense for being Old. We do have young talent at TE, RB, and one WR position.

But we can get on the Skins defense for being old. The two DEs are old and not real good. You also have an aging secondary.

Now, there is young talent at all levels of the defense: Griffin at DT, Washington at LB, and Springs at safety. But there's alot of age. Look at all the thirty plus players: Wynn, Salave'a, Daniels, Harris, Springs, Marshall. Those are all major contributors that are at 30 years old.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
exactly. The problem is, we've seemed to get key injuries for the past few years. Last year, i think, Terry Glenn got injured in the first Commander game, and this year, anthony henry and flozell adams both got hurt. I think we got hit hardest at key positions this year, or at the positions where we didn't have the depth we would've wanted(ie O-Line and LB). Here's to hoping we don't have too many key injuries at low depth again.

lets not forget about crayton

when he went down we were limited at WR which made it even more difficult to spread the field combined with flo goin down

as for Commanders, they are miles away from the superbowl...they remind me of the cowboys 1st year of parcells when they were 10-6. i dont see the Commanders in the playoffs next year

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ghost said:
it truly depends on this off season. were coming off an extremely successful season, and we have to build on that. if we can get another WR, and hope that campbell pans out, then us. but what if you guys fill all your needs? who ever fills their holes the most will be the first with another ring.

"extremely successful season"??? you are kidding right?
You had a hot streak to end the season.... then the skins were SEVERELY exposed in TWO playoff games... got away with one game and got hammered in second playoff game.... averaged what 3 points(on offense) per playoff game? with a TD in second game late that was of no significance...

Brunell and skinds are in real trouble...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
That's a tough one.

Commanders POSITIVES

- Went to the playoffs and won a game and were competitive in second round on the road.

- Have *All Star* Coaching Staff

- Much better O-Line.

- Much bigger playmakers on offense (Moss, Portis, and Cooley vs. Glenn, Julius, and Witten)

- Great defense. One of the best in 2004 and their last 7 games in 2005 they were phenomenal. Seem to be only missing one good pass rushing DE from being the best Defense in the NFL.

Commanders NEGATIVES

- Much older roster than Dallas'

- QB is a concern (They have Campbell, but he hasn't done anything either).

- Cap Issues (even if they are not in "cap hell", they still are unlikely to get a high profile FA this year and if the 30% rule kicks in, they are in rough shape)

- Lack of drafted players (only 6 of the 22 starters are guys they drafted, SB teams over the last 10 years have been mainly built through the draft).

- Sean Taylor's pending case, which ties into cap issues.

COWBOYS POSITIVES

- Very young roster which played well on a 9-7 team in a tough division (opposed to rookies playing a lot for a 4-12 team)

- DeMarcus Ware appears to be a dynamic pass rusher

- Great secondary, even with liabilities in Davis and Pile.

- Every area that has "Parcells guys" has improved, if not drastically.

- Very cap healthy.

- Have drafted very well under Parcells era. (an estimated 14 of the 22 starters are players drafted by Dallas)

COWBOYS NEGATIVES

- O-Line needs to be overhauled which will be tough given how expensive and old the O-Line is.

- Parcells will probably be out of here before Gibbs and they don't really have an assistant that they know will come in and take over.

- Possible Nose Guard issues, which is important to the 3-4.

- Horrible Field Goal Kicker.

- QB is a concern (same situation as Washington's...old starter, question mark at QB of the future).

Rich.........

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
The Cowboys will improve next season based on the youth of their defense. But they have so many holes to fill on both sides of the ball (see numerous threads here daily).

That was cute.:rolleyes:

SkinsFan26 said:
The only way the Boys seriously compete in the NFC next year is if they are very busy in free agency (which is not out of the question).

Do you speak of the Commanders experience in FA? Because being very busy in Free Agency hasnt paid off for you guys - its been MANY busy years in FA for you guys
:laugh1:

SkinsFan26 said:
Skins still are closer than the Cowboys. They already have been 2 games closer and have already improved this offseason (Saunders, Gray) vs (loss of key coaches).

Please! You guys got 3 points on offense in first playoff game(lucky to win, good thing Simms didnt have a little more experience) and then 3 more points in 2nd playoff game(with a consolation late TD of no significance and the Hawks handed you your buttocks.

Sorry. I dont see any improvement in Commanders. Definitely NOT ahead of the Boys in any department.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick said:
"extremely successful season"??? you are kidding right?
You had a hot streak to end the season.... then the skins were SEVERELY exposed in TWO playoff games... got away with one game and got hammered in second playoff game.... averaged what 3 points(on offense) per playoff game? with a TD in second game late that was of no significance...

Brunell and skinds are in real trouble...

That is why Al Saunders was hired, to diversify our play calling for next season.

Brunell was playing hurt in the playoffs, Gibbs was reluctant to move him out because he doesn't make critical INTs.

I wouldn't say that we were "exposed" at the end of the year, considering our offensive production increased in the second game against the Cowboys and the second game against the Giants.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick said:

Sorry. I dont see any improvement in Commanders. Definitely NOT ahead of the Boys in any department.

Well we won the games last year when it counted didn't we? I don't think we are ahead of you talent wise, but we executed down the homestretch of the season.

To say we haven't improved on offense from the 2004 season is being naive.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
we executed down the homestretch of the season.

the veteran factor, and relatively good health, and your 2nd half schedule was pretty weak with the exception of facing us and the Giants

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
That is why Al Saunders was hired, to diversify our play calling for next season.

Brunell was playing hurt in the playoffs, Gibbs was reluctant to move him out because he doesn't make critical INTs.

I wouldn't say that we were "exposed" at the end of the year, considering our offensive production increased in the second game against the Cowboys and the second game against the Giants.

Exposed in playoffs. For sure. If you want to blame injuries, thats fine. WE could do the same. We could blame missed kicks and then you guys done even make playoffs EVEN after sweeping us. Only the facts. THREE points in each playoff game for you guys. Way to represent. And then the Giants with that Zero. I see a pattern with the Giants franchise. ZERO points in last SB on offense.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Exposed in playoffs. For sure. If you want to blame injuries, thats fine. WE could do the same. We could blame missed kicks and then you guys done even make playoffs EVEN after sweeping us. Only the facts. THREE points in each playoff game for you guys. Way to represent. And then the Giants with that Zero. I see a pattern with the Giants franchise. ZERO points in last SB on offense.

I won't blame it on injuries. Truth is when a team has to treat the last 5 games as do or die, its hard to hold that through the playoffs against teams like the Seahawks who had been mentally preparing for weeks for the playoffs. Yes the Steelers won 4 do or die regular season games and then swept through the playoffs, but they were 15-1 last year and have been playing at a high level longer then this team.

Your logic is like me saying the Cowboys suck because we beat you by 28 points, when the truth is that we probably played our best game of the year, and you probably played your worst. It was do or die for us and everyone was fired up after hearing about how the press and naysayers was calling the Monday night game a fluke.

That being said, I do agree with you on the Giants and don't think they'll win the division, but they'll still be a dangerous team next year much like the Eagles were this year (despite their 6-10 record) they didn't lay down for the other NFC East teams.

I see the East in 2006 being between the Eagles, Cowboys, and Commanders with the Giants a bit behind the pack.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Commanders are ahead of the Cowboys like Brett Farve is ahead of Ben Roethlisberger. Yeah, Washington is more experianced and is better in the clutch now, but they are so much older and less talented at this point that the ability to execute wont matter much pretty soon.

Noodle arm will never have a nother season like this. He will only go downhill from here.

Washington is nearly 20 million over the cap. They can only get that number down to about 5 million over by restructuring contracts, which means that a key player or two will be gone, likely Lavar Arrington or Shawn Springs.

Add to that the fact that they dont have a first round pick (Dallas does) and they will have virtually no room to sign FAs (Dallas will have over 15 million) and you get a old team that is only getting older and not bringing in much talent to help those old players.

Dallas, on the other hand, is improving rapibly. We are a decent FS away from having one of if not the best secondary in pro football. Our top 3 corners would all be #1 or #2 CBs on almost every team in football. We have an 8 deep rotation on the D-Line, 5 of which are in their 4th year or less. We have one of the premiere pass rushers in football in Demarcus Ware. If Dallas can fix their O-Line, they are ahead of Washington, plain and simple.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Seahawks had been mentally preparing for weeks for the playoffs.

Let me get this straight. You guys lost to the Seahawks because they had been mentally preparing for weeks? Do I have that right??? That why you scored 3 points on offense?

WOW! :eek:

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The Commanders are ahead of the Cowboys like Brett Farve is ahead of Ben Roethlisberger. Yeah, Washington is more experianced and is better in the clutch now, but they are so much older and less talented at this point that the ability to execute wont matter much pretty soon.

Less talented? I don't see that occurring in any position except for your defensive line being younger and probably more talented then ours.

Noodle arm will never have a nother season like this. He will only go downhill from here.

Sure...just remember your QB is as old as ours, makes more mental mistakes, and John Elway won 2 Super Bowls at age 37 and 38.

Washington is nearly 20 million over the cap. They can only get that number down to about 5 million over by restructuring contracts, which means that a key player or two will be gone, likely Lavar Arrington or Shawn Springs.

Ok, if the CBA is not extended, we will have very little room to do anything in free agency. But Lavar counts more against the cap if we release him, so we are likely to restructure, particularly if the CBA is not extended. Yes, other players will be cap casulties, but they won't be any of our key players, certainly not Springs. We don't need that much though in FA, other then another WR threat and a solid speed rusher.

Add to that the fact that they dont have a first round pick (Dallas does) and they will have virtually no room to sign FAs (Dallas will have over 15 million) and you get a old team that is only getting older and not bringing in much talent to help those old players.

Portis is young, Carlos Rogers is young, Sean Taylor is young, Moss is young, Cooley is young. Three of those 5 players were drafted so I don't get the whole "Commanders never draft good players" argument.

Dallas, on the other hand, is improving rapibly. We are a decent FS away from having one of if not the best secondary in pro football. Our top 3 corners would all be #1 or #2 CBs on almost every team in football. We have an 8 deep rotation on the D-Line, 5 of which are in their 4th year or less. We have one of the premiere pass rushers in football in Demarcus Ware. If Dallas can fix their O-Line, they are ahead of Washington, plain and simple.

Both Dallas and Washington secondaries are solid. Our defenses finished in a near statistical tie at the end of the season. Next year should be really interesting...don't expect to see any collapses in my Skins. In 13 years of coaching, Gibbs has only had 2 losing seasons, one of which was his first year back.