Which team will win SB first... Cowboys or Commanders?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
So now Mark Brunell = John Elway?

Brilliant :rolleyes:

John Elway is better RIGHT NOW at age 44 than Brunell has ever been

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Let me get this straight. You guys lost to the Seahawks because they had been mentally preparing for weeks? Do I have that right??? That why you scored 3 points on offense?

WOW! :eek:

Actually we scored 10, nearly 17 if not for a dropped ball at the end of the game.

We lost because we were outplayed, plain and simple. Part of the reason we were outplayed IMO was the fact that we looked slow and tired on offense, and the Seahawks looked quick and controlled the line of scrimmage. No excuses, but its very rare that the number 1 seed loses at home in the playoffs to the last wild card team. Look at what Seattle did to Carolina in the NFC Championship...I'm proud of the effort we gave.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Portis is young, Carlos Rogers is young, Sean Taylor is young, Moss is young, Cooley is young. Three of those 5 players were drafted so I don't get the whole "Commanders never draft good players" argument.

Portis only runs hard when he feels like it, Rogers sucks, Taylor is going to jail, and Cooley isnt half the player Washington fans make him out to be. Dallas has Jason Witten, who is 10 times the player Cooley is.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
So now Mark Brunell = John Elway?

Brilliant :rolleyes:

John Elway is better RIGHT NOW at age 44 than Brunell has ever been

Never said he was lol. But if Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien can win a Super Bowl, anyone can with a solid defense and supporting cast on offense.

Just saying that Elway showed a QB doesn't necessarily decline beyond comprehension. If anything he played better after 35 then he did before he was 30.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Portis only runs hard when he feels like it, Rogers sucks, Taylor is going to jail, and Cooley isnt half the player Washington fans make him out to be. Dallas has Jason Witten, who is 10 times the player Cooley is.

Man you are a hardcore Cowboy fan aren't you? :)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Never said he was lol. But if Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien can win a Super Bowl, anyone can with a solid defense and supporting cast on offense.

Just saying that Elway showed a QB doesn't necessarily decline beyond comprehension. If anything he played better after 35 then he did before he was 30.

Yes, but Elway could throw farther than 45 yards and didnt fumble every other play

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Actually we scored 10, nearly 17 if not for a dropped ball at the end of the game.

We lost because we were outplayed, plain and simple. Part of the reason we were outplayed IMO was the fact that we looked slow and tired on offense, and the Seahawks looked quick and controlled the line of scrimmage. No excuses, but its very rare that the number 1 seed loses at home in the playoffs to the last wild card team. Look at what Seattle did to Carolina in the NFC Championship...I'm proud of the effort we gave.

Yes. I mentioned the 1 TD. It was late and inconsequential.

I would NEVER be proud(of the effort) of putting up 3 points in back to back playoff games on offense. Nope. Never.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Man you are a hardcore Cowboy fan aren't you? :)

Whats not to agree with? Portis has a history of playing lackluster football, even dating back to his days at the U, Rogers got burned as bad as anyone in football, Taylor's crime requires a minimum of 3 years in a federal prison, and Cooley is just an average TE (ecuse me, "H-Back", as if we were still in 1985 here).

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Yes. I mentioned the 1 TD. It was late and inconsequential.

I would NEVER be proud(of the effort) of putting up 3 points in back to back playoff games on offense. Nope. Never.

I'm not happy about it, but to say those games were indicative of the way the offense played the whole season just isn't true.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Whats not to agree with? Portis has a history of playing lackluster football, even dating back to his days at the U, Rogers got burned as bad as anyone in football, Taylor's crime requires a minimum of 3 years in a federal prison, and Cooley is just an average TE (ecuse me, "H-Back", as if we were still in 1985 here).

Lackluster football for Portis? He ran for 5 straight 100 yard games to end the season. He literally carried us on his shoulders for the Eagles game.

Yes Rogers was burned a few times (like all rookie CBs, but he also made great plays and won the job of starting CB midway through the season).

Taylor hasn't been proven guilty by a jury yet...if he goes to jail and misses the season I'll be worried. He's the most physically gifted player on our team.

You'd call 71 catches average? He should have been in the Pro Bowl but wasn't because H-back isn't a position many offenses have.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Lackluster football for Portis? He ran for 5 straight 100 yard games to end the season. He literally carried us on his shoulders for the Eagles game.

Yes Rogers was burned a few times (like all rookie CBs, but he also made great plays and won the job of starting CB midway through the season).

Taylor hasn't been proven guilty by a jury yet...if he goes to jail and misses the season I'll be worried. He's the most physically gifted player on our team.

You'd call 71 catches average? He should have been in the Pro Bowl but wasn't because H-back isn't a position many offenses have.

H-Back = Not fast enough for a RB, not a good enough blocker for a FB, and not good enough hands/blocking for a TE

There's nothing special about catching 71 5 yard outs with an occasional run after catch

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
H-Back = Not fast enough for a RB, not a good enough blocker for a FB, and not good enough hands/blocking for a TE

There's nothing special about catching 71 5 yard outs with an occasional run after catch

Actually Gibbs innovated the H-back position in large part to combat against Lawrence Taylor back in the 80s. Cooley helped us compensate this year for our lack of a solid #2.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Actually Gibbs innovated the H-back position in large part to combat against Lawrence Taylor back in the 80s. Cooley helped us compensate this year for our lack of a solid #2.

Yeah how did that work out for Theiiiisman?
:lmao2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I'm not happy about it, but to say those games were indicative of the way the offense played the whole season just isn't true.

Those playoff games just showed how you guys played against good defenses in the playoffs against good teams WHEN it really counted thats all.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:

Yeah, tell that to Joe Theisman's left leg

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Think it came after that, definately after the 86 season when Taylor had 20 sacks.

expect more of the same, except it's going to be Ware getting 20 sacks on you guys ;)

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
You also have an aging secondary.

Are you nuts?! This might be the youngest secondary in the league!

Sean Taylor - 22
Carlos Rogers - 24
Ryan Clark - 26
Shawn Springs - 30

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Ha ha.

1500 yards is alright by me.

Rogers will be a pro-bowl caliber player in 06

Taylor isn't going anywhere.

Cooley would be in Hawaii right now if H-back was on the pro bowl ballot.

Witten is great, but come on.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Sean Taylor - 22~gone
Carlos Rogers - 24~ok
Ryan Clark - 26~:laugh1:
Shawn Springs - 30~gone