While we are pointing fingers

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Don't forget the annexation of Puerto Rico and the fumble-Rooski while you're at it. :facepalm:
Sure..

go ahead and add to the thread thread.

Turned on Cowboys Review today of the Denver game..

they started off the show dumping severely on the OL as part of the loss.

Bingo.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Paging @Aven8

Personally I would add Dak to a degree. O line is the most important but he's had the luxury of being behind the best o line in football last year, he needs to do better under pressure, he missed some open throws.

The best RB OL line year, not the best PASS blocking OL last year. Dak was sacked 25 times last year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thanks for an interesting OP, Redball Express. I, too, was sorely disappointed by the performance of our OL. They surely showed up flat, while Denver made a concentrated effort to plug the running game, knowing that their pass defense could very likely handle us one on one. Like many other teams, we simply don't match up against them at their home field. Throw in the altitude with the thin air and the insanely loud and raucous crowd to the mix and we had all the makings of a hornet's nest to contend with.

I figured we'd have real problems with them, although I preferred not admitting to myself that things would go south that badly. After seeing them beat San Diego, It's pretty doggone certain that other fans shared in that feeling also. The Broncos will very likely prove tough enough to victimize many other NFL teams at home this season. As everyone and their granny knows, they've been doing so for some time now.

Other teams are sure to attempt to match the same game plan, although not too many have the type of talent to make our offense look nearly as inept as they did. I think we'll more than likely do much better in the future, regardless of what less talented teams throw at us.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Wrong......2 sacks late in the game and at 5000+ feet. He was gassed. It was Von Miller and a new position for Collins.....dude seriously. You've embarrassed yourself already.
Miller was in the backfield all game long. Please, dude.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You don't think he severely affected Dak all game?
I think you're a Denver fan......I "think" the whole defense affcted Dak. Miller...the whole game? Doubt it.

conner01

Reaction score
You don't think he severely affected Dak all game?
I think considering his second real game at tackle against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL he played pretty well till it got to the point every play was going to be a pass
Not many of the elite OT's could have stopped in that situation

aria

Reaction score
The best RB OL line year, not the best PASS blocking OL last year. Dak was sacked 25 times last year.
Again, do you think Ewok would be that special playing behind the Gnats O Line? Are you saying you think Dak is sub par? What's your point?

gmoney112

Reaction score
Plenty of blame to go around.

I actually kinda like the fact that the young guys on defense got baptized by fire.

The OL has too much talent and too much heart to get owned like that again. I doubt we'll see a team play us tougher all year after that.

A bunch of young guys got shellacked. They'll be better for it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If they don't open holes and control TOP..

We lose.

Not Linehans plays.

They are the same plays we have won decisively with in the past.

I would have liked some trickery plays when things are not working..

Run or pass from punt formation..

End around pass..

Flea flicker..

more blitzes..

QB draw...

There is alot they didn't even try to change momentum.

Do not know why.

Garrett must have nixed it
You wanted a flea flicker yesterday when Zeke was getting hit in the backfield.......yea not what you want to do. I agree with some of your points though. Linehan has to get creative. Sure we have won in the pass with the same plays but when they aren't working you switch it up.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In those circumstances I would prefer DAK run more.

His running was not existent other than avoiding sacks

In his defense, both of his ankles were hurt early in that contest, so it's not too difficult to see why he wasn't disposed to running more. I think the entire team might benefit by seeing they're vulnerable to getting punished any time they come in flat as they did Sunday. At least, I'm hoping so.

visionary

Reaction score
The central problem is not..

Zeke

DAK

Linehan

Garrett

or anybody else.

Its the OL.

Think about it..

they are not playing like last year.

They have 2 new starters and thats an issue.

If our OL does not control the LOS..

We don't win.

If our OL doesn't open up holes for Zeke..

We don't win.

If our defense has to stay on the field..

We don't win.

There are plenty of others to consider...

but I want to hear what you guys think.

You got my opinion.

The Broncos had 3 new starters on their OL and their LT is a rookie

Let's stop with the excuses

It is coaching, coaching, coaching
Garretts teams are never up for a challenge
It is "ho hum, process, process, stacking, on to the next game"
This guy is not a leader and the team takes his personality

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm starting to think drafting a tackle high next year might be a necessity. Move Collins back inside where he belongs and get someone who belongs at right tackle at right tackle.

Moving Collins inside and playing Green outside would have probably been a better move really. Collins is going to struggle on the edge against speed rushers. Part of the problem Collins had with Miller was he was jumping the snap count. He got caught offsides a couple of times but there were several times he jumped the count and wasn't flagged for it. That's not all on Collins.