While we are pointing fingers

Verdict

Reaction score
In his defense, both of his ankles were hurt early in that contest, so it's not too difficult to see why he wasn't disposed to running more. I think the entire team might benefit by seeing they're vulnerable to getting punished any time they come in flat as they did Sunday. At least, I'm hoping so.

Dak has almost abandoned the run and it started before this game.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The Broncos had 3 new starters on their OL and their LT is a rookie

Let's stop with the excuses

It is coaching, coaching, coaching
Garretts teams are never up for a challenge
It is "ho hum, process, process, stacking, on to the next game"
This guy is not a leader and the team takes his personality
I agree about Garrett as a leader.

What I saw post game was Garrett was saying stay calm and focus.

Thats fine.

But he is afraid to change during games.

I understand this is only one of sixteen games.

But being able to change when things are not working is the sign of a mature team.

Obviously we are still growing..

A big surprise for most of us.

Welcome to the new world...

same as the old world.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Plenty of blame to go around.

I actually kinda like the fact that the young guys on defense got baptized by fire.

The OL has too much talent and too much heart to get owned like that again. I doubt we'll see a team play us tougher all year after that.

A bunch of young guys got shellacked. They'll be better for it.
Landry used to say..

for every rookie you start..

it will cost you 1 game in the standings.

He was usually correct.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the hand-wringing, over Dak especially, is so misguided.

Zero run game, on the road, against the very best pass D in the league. A killer INT off of his star WR's hands. A defense that couldn't stop anything Denver was doing.

Dak is good but he's not Superman.

Put any QB in his shoes yesterday and they'd be just as inept, or close to it.

My biggest concern is with the OL right now. We are NOT contenders unless they are, as advertised, the "best OL in football."
They don't have to be the best, but they have to dominate like last year. I don't care what OL is perceived as the best as long as ours opens holes for Zeke and protects Dak like last season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak has almost abandoned the run and it started before this game.

Is it possible the staff advised him to keep it to a minimum? I can't say he abandoned it completely but he's surely doing it less.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paging @Aven8

Personally I would add Dak to a degree. O line is the most important but he's had the luxury of being behind the best o line in football last year, he needs to do better under pressure, he missed some open throws.

This is why he's a bus driver. (And with his history you better hope he doesn't get pulled over with that bus.)

He's like the cornerback of the offense. Can only do his job if the others around him allow him to. He impacts nothing. His teammates make him. He doesn't make his teammates.

Standard game manager. I want more than that in the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

aria

Reaction score
This is why he's a bus driver. (And with his history you better hope he doesn't get pulled over with that bus.)

He's like the cornerback of the offense. Can only do his job if the others around him allow him to. He impacts nothing. His teammates make him. He doesn't make his teammates.

Standard game manager. I want more than that in the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.
I think it's way too early to throw in the towel and I'm semi confident he will improve but like almost every rookie QB it will take time, like a year or two.

He did everything asked of him last year but I was never sold on him because there honestly wasn't THAT much asked of him. IMO it's hard to truly evaluate or say a rookie QB is "all that" after one year and that one year is he is literally surrounded by several all stars. Whenever he was under pressure last year he didn't do too hot. Again, I'm not bashing him I just think it's hard to get a good read on a rookie QB under those circumstances. Hopefully he'll be fine, he's got skills and a great work ethic.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score

That's too harsh and at this point....unproven.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Is it possible the staff advised him to keep it to a minimum? I can't say he abandoned it completely but he's surely doing it less.
Prescott is learning the game. Defensive coordinators are on to him. The options are not there at this point. Lets see how the bigger picture looks at the end of this season. Time is on his side.