While we sit on our hands, Amukamura 1-year deal

Reaction score
PFF ranked Mo Claiborne 118 out of 122 CB's last year. PFF ranked Amukamura as the #5 best CB in this free agent class (below). Not that PFF is the be all and end all, but if the money was similar, we made a mistake.

5. Prince Amukamara
2015 team: New York Giants

Amukamara hasn’t quite lived up to his selection in the first-round of the 2011 draft, but injuries have had a lot to do with that. He missed multiple games in four of his five seasons as a pro, and might have been higher on this list if not for the perpetual injuries. When he is on the field, he has shown he is a capable starter. He doesn’t make the big, splashy plays often, but he has consistently graded above average over the last four seasons.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is so good he just a multi-year contract with a crazy base salary and one of the top signing bonus and a monster amount of guaranteed money.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
PFF ranked Mo Claiborne 118 out of 122 CB's last year. PFF ranked Amukamura as the #5 best CB in this free agent class (below). Not that PFF is the be all and end all, but if the money was similar, we made a mistake.

5. Prince Amukamara
2015 team: New York Giants

Amukamara hasn’t quite lived up to his selection in the first-round of the 2011 draft, but injuries have had a lot to do with that. He missed multiple games in four of his five seasons as a pro, and might have been higher on this list if not for the perpetual injuries. When he is on the field, he has shown he is a capable starter. He doesn’t make the big, splashy plays often, but he has consistently graded above average over the last four seasons.

Oh boy. PFF. My resource to lean on when I want the real picture.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Prince- "purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka"

Prince_Dave_Chappelle_Blouses.jpg

image.gif

Wood

Reaction score
along with the reasonable Mario Williams deal, I have no idea why we did not pursue this guy. Meanwhile, we wait for Nolan Carroll. This is shaping up to be the worst free agency period in a long time...

I honestly think the Cowboys are operating from 12-4 slate (from '14) as opposed to injury riddled 4-12 last season. So as 12-4 team they are doing what most would do and lock up your own players. I don't agree with it 100% but I do understand their position.

Reaction score
I honestly think the Cowboys are operating from 12-4 slate (from '14) as opposed to injury riddled 4-12 last season. So as 12-4 team they are doing what most would do and lock up your own players. I don't agree with it 100% but I do understand their position.

You're probably right. But even when we were 12-4, we still had a lousy pass rush and secondary.

Wood

Reaction score
You're probably right. But even when we were 12-4, we still had a lousy pass rush and secondary.

but they have added Lawrence (two 2nd rounders), another 2nd rounder for Randy Gregory and probably 1st rounder (#4 overall). Thats alot of resources on DE position. As some point those picks just need to materialize which I think Lawrence started doing.

Reaction score
but they have added Lawrence (two 2nd rounders), another 2nd rounder for Randy Gregory and probably 1st rounder (#4 overall). Thats alot of resources on DE position. As some point those picks just need to materialize which I think Lawrence started doing.

We still need a starting CB that is better than Mo if Carr is cut

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
along with the reasonable Mario Williams deal, I have no idea why we did not pursue this guy. Meanwhile, we wait for Nolan Carroll. This is shaping up to be the worst free agency period in a long time...

Don't you pretty much say the same thing every year? Even at Williams' "reasonable" deal, he's still overpriced. Dude totally quit on his teammates last year. Amukamara? Seriously? How much film over the years do think the Boys have seen of him, and they still weren't interested? If he was all that, he would have gotten a lot more than a 1-year deal.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well boo hoo

:)

This is my question now:

'Brandon Carr remains on the roster but his $13.8 million cap figure and $9 million base salary put that spot in jeopardy, however, with the deals signed so far in free agency, the Cowboys aren’t sure they want to go on the open market.

Carr has not had an interception since 2013, but he has not missed a game either.'
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowb.../cowboys-give-morris-claiborne-another-chance

If Carr is somehow retained, then his, Claiborne, and the Thomas retention on contracts...well, pretty well fills the cornerback needs for Dallas. As to numbers.

I just would like a better accountability of earned salary in a new deal for him.