While we sit on our hands, Amukamura 1-year deal

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
PFF ranked Mo Claiborne 118 out of 122 CB's last year. PFF ranked Amukamura as the #5 best CB in this free agent class (below). Not that PFF is the be all and end all, but if the money was similar, we made a mistake.

5. Prince Amukamara
2015 team: New York Giants

Amukamara hasn’t quite lived up to his selection in the first-round of the 2011 draft, but injuries have had a lot to do with that. He missed multiple games in four of his five seasons as a pro, and might have been higher on this list if not for the perpetual injuries. When he is on the field, he has shown he is a capable starter. He doesn’t make the big, splashy plays often, but he has consistently graded above average over the last four seasons.

I think that's fair in a way. Amukamara has played better over his five seasons than Claiborne when healthy. Mo was bad until last year, partly because of his own injury issues.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
along with the reasonable Mario Williams deal, I have no idea why we did not pursue this guy. Meanwhile, we wait for Nolan Carroll. This is shaping up to be the worst free agency period in a long time...

You know DE Ayers signed with Bucs for 3 year 21 million.

CWR

Reaction score
PFF ranked Mo Claiborne 118 out of 122 CB's last year. PFF ranked Amukamura as the #5 best CB in this free agent class (below). Not that PFF is the be all and end all, but if the money was similar, we made a mistake.

5. Prince Amukamara
2015 team: New York Giants

Amukamara hasn’t quite lived up to his selection in the first-round of the 2011 draft, but injuries have had a lot to do with that. He missed multiple games in four of his five seasons as a pro, and might have been higher on this list if not for the perpetual injuries. When he is on the field, he has shown he is a capable starter. He doesn’t make the big, splashy plays often, but he has consistently graded above average over the last four seasons.

Those are two entirely separate rankings. Maybe look at the same rankings for each player and compare? We've watched both of them and I feel we did just fine retaining MO.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Calm down. Good teams generally are not built this time of year. No need to overpay for FA's. We aren't trying to do this the Jacksonville jaguar way.

Let's say we bring in Amukamara? A new face and a new personality, how will he fit in? How will this new person affect the lockerrooom? Best to sign your own unless it's definitely a much better player

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Can we save the rueage for real players? Prince is a scrub. Arguing that he is better than Mo is like bragging about being the valedictorian of summer school

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Prince is a good cover corner. He just can't catch the ball at all. He also has had a bunch of injuries. Would be nice if he would take a depth spot.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Prince- "purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka"

Prince_Dave_Chappelle_Blouses.jpg
Blimey!
Isn't that my main man from Minny Paul, the great Jesse Johnson?
We used to hang with JJ and The Time. Let me know, old fellow!

Craig

Reaction score
Better the mediocre guy that doesnt know the system than the growing player who does, right cz?

gmoney112

Reaction score
You know DE Ayers signed with Bucs for 3 year 21 million.

We could have released Church and Wilcox and used their 6mill to sign Ayers. Mother of God.

Instead, we'll keep them even Wilcox as a backup, and we'll go sign injury prone 1 sack every 5 games Chris Long.

I've got indigestion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We could have released Church and Wilcox and used their 6mill to sign Ayers. Mother of God.

Instead, we'll keep them even Wilcox as a backup, and we'll go sign injury prone 1 sack every 5 games Chris Long.

I've got indigestion.

You have indigestion over what? A underachieving first round bust getting 7 million per year from the Buccaneers? Like i'm so confused. How can you be upset about Chris Long but be upset that Ayers isn't here? Where you guys chose to put your frustration....I just don't get it lol.