While we sit on our hands, Amukamura 1-year deal

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know of his Terrence Williams and Mo hate. I didn't know he had Romo hate as well lol.

Pssshhh oh man let me tell you. Romo is in a wheelchair right now, and he should be cut right this second. We are stupid for holding onto him, and should replace him with rg3. Lol I'll tag you the next time he goes on his rant

gmoney112

Reaction score
You have indigestion over what? A underachieving first round bust getting 7 million per year from the Buccaneers? Like i'm so confused. How can you be upset about Chris Long but be upset that Ayers isn't here? Where you guys chose to put your frustration....I just don't get it lol.

Have you watched football the last 2 years? That's a serious question. I don't care about his "draft status", I care about his production.

Chris Long has been injured for two years now, and when he did play he completely underperformed on one of the best DL's in the NFL. Chris Long is not a good football player right now, in two years he's been Mincey except injured more.

Ayers had a great season in NY. He also played good run defense. He's the exact type of guy you pick up for a few years that can man a DE position and be productive. This isnt 2010, 7 mill isn't vet much for a full time starter quality DE. And in case anyone missed it, we have one reliable end on the roster right now capable of providing a pass rush in a league where rookie DE's need at least a year to develop.

3 years 21 mill isn't bad. All you had to do was release Wilcox and Church, one of whom won't be starting anyway if Byron goes to safety, and you have a legitimate starting defensive end. Why would we want that?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pssshhh oh man let me tell you. Romo is in a wheelchair right now, and he should be cut right this second. We are stupid for holding onto him, and should replace him with rg3. Lol I'll tag you the next time he goes on his rant

Goodness lol.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Have you watched football the last 2 years? That's a serious question. I don't care about his "draft status", I care about his production.

Chris Long has been injured for two years now, and when he did play he completely underperformed on one of the best DL's in the NFL. Chris Long is not a good football player right now, in two years he's been Mincey except injured more.

Ayers had a great season in NY. He also played good run defense. He's the exact type of guy you pick up for a few years that can man a DE position and be productive. This isnt 2010, 7 mill isn't vet much for a full time starter quality DE. And in case anyone missed it, we have one reliable end on the roster right now capable of providing a pass rush in a league where rookie DE's need at least a year to develop.

3 years 21 mill isn't bad. All you had to do was release Wilcox and Church, one of whom won't be starting anyway if Byron goes to safety, and you have a legitimate starting defensive end. Why would we want that?

I brought up draft status to show the parallels in the the two players.

In regards have I seen the past 2 years. Yes I have. BOTH have been injured lol. You talk about Chris Long being hurt but Ayers too got hurt.

So you release two safeties one starter and one backup....create two more holes so you can fill one in DE?

He waited until he was 30 years old in order to have a semi-dominant year? Reward that for 3 years?

I don't get it.

I get it if Chris Long is asking for the same price. But if I can get Chris Long for a fraction of what Ayers got? That's a good deal. They are the same caliber of player unless you believe what Ayers did last season is what he really is.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I brought up draft status to show the parallels in the the two players.

In regards have I seen the past 2 years. Yes I have. BOTH have been injured lol. You talk about Chris Long being hurt but Ayers too got hurt.

So you release two safeties one starter and one backup....create two more holes so you can fill one in DE?

He waited until he was 30 years old in order to have a semi-dominant year? Reward that for 3 years?

I don't get it.

I get it if Chris Long is asking for the same price. But if I can get Chris Long for a fraction of what Ayers got? That's a good deal. They are the same caliber of player unless you believe what Ayers did last season is what he really is.

You don't get it because you're still stuck on what round they were drafted in almost 10 years ago.

The only person believing that they're the same caliber of player haven't paid attention to either one since 2013, almost 3 years ago.

The last two years, Chris Long has played in 18 games, starting only 11-12, and has a total of 4 sacks. On a line with Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn.

In 2014, Ayers had five sacks, 12 QB hits, and 29 hurries in 249 pass rush attempts. Do you know how productive that was on a per snap basis that year? #1 in the NFL.

In 2015, he was ranked as a top 10 edge defender (including OLB) and had 9 sacks, on a bad Giants line.

Ayers also plays above average run D for the most part, PFF had him graded above average 5 out of 7 years anyway.

Over their last two years in the league you have two polar opposite players. Chris Long may have been good almost 3 years ago, but the cold truth is he's been completely invisible for two years now on one of the best DL in the NFL. Ayers has had two of his best seasons, and has been, if nothing else, a very productive pass rusher who isn't a liability in the rub game.

It's really not even close. And yes, I'd have gladly paid him 7 mill a year for 3 years. That's just "pretty good" money these days. As far as Wilcox and Church, they're both easily replaceable.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I hear you

You digg?

What's next? Carr decides he will take less, so we go ahead and bring the band back for another reunion and go at it?

This is why we will keep failing.

We already have a beat up Romo. Now we signed one of the *******s who was part of the problem within the secondary.

Just go ahead and call up Reeves, Frazier and Ross while we're at it.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You digg?

What's next? Carr decides he will take less, so we go ahead and bring the band back for another reunion and go at it?

This is why we will keep failing.

We already have a beat up Romo. Now we signed one of the *******s who was part of the problem within the secondary.

Just go ahead and call up Reeves, Frazier and Ross while we're at it.

I'm glad you will never be our GM

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Prince and Mo are similar guys except Mo has been better when at his best.
Prince hasn't shut down top guys like Mo did last year for a stretch.

Lmao still believing that nonsense huh? (Shutting down) Beckham and Julio got him 3 million. Funny. Youd think someone saw the shut downs and noticed potential. Turns out youre the only one who saw this. Tell me why Prince was a higher rated cb than Mo in Mo's best year? Mo wasnt listed on any top 100 free agent list. How about you stop pulling stuff out of your ***

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
PFF ranked Mo Claiborne 118 out of 122 CB's last year. PFF ranked Amukamura as the #5 best CB in this free agent class (below). Not that PFF is the be all and end all, but if the money was similar, we made a mistake.

5. Prince Amukamara
2015 team: New York Giants

Amukamara hasn’t quite lived up to his selection in the first-round of the 2011 draft, but injuries have had a lot to do with that. He missed multiple games in four of his five seasons as a pro, and might have been higher on this list if not for the perpetual injuries. When he is on the field, he has shown he is a capable starter. He doesn’t make the big, splashy plays often, but he has consistently graded above average over the last four seasons.

Thank you. Some fans are so full of crap.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
PFF ranked Mo Claiborne 118 out of 122 CB's last year. PFF ranked Amukamura as the #5 best CB in this free agent class (below). Not that PFF is the be all and end all, but if the money was similar, we made a mistake.

5. Prince Amukamara
2015 team: New York Giants

Amukamara hasn’t quite lived up to his selection in the first-round of the 2011 draft, but injuries have had a lot to do with that. He missed multiple games in four of his five seasons as a pro, and might have been higher on this list if not for the perpetual injuries. When he is on the field, he has shown he is a capable starter. He doesn’t make the big, splashy plays often, but he has consistently graded above average over the last four seasons.
Sounds like a NY Morris Claiborne