Whining about Penalties

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Out of curiosity....I went and looked at the last 10 years of Penalty Rankings.

When you average the rankings out over that span.....we're the 14th most penalized team over the decade....amongst 32 teams. SLIGHTLY more than average...as 16th would be the middle.

For you Flat Earthers out there than think the League is trying to push the Eagles through, the Eagles ranked 15th in most penalties, also slightly more than average, and practically identical to us.

And the other team "the refs love to help" ...the Chiefs...were the 13th most penalized...so more penalized than us

13, 14, 15

Dallas, Philly, KC, all the same. With Dallas sandwiched right between the 2 teams you all think are being assisted by refs.

All the same.
All the same.

But...but...but....but The Refs!

LOL. The refs...crooked as ever! (Well, since 1995 that is)

:p :D

Last edited:

Bing

Reaction score
Yeah I get a laugh reading some of these post. For some members everytime a team wins when they want them to lose or vice-versa it's always the refs fault.....lol

One day they will learn it's not about what other teams do it's about your team taking care of their own business so they dont have to worry about others.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

When you average the rankings out over that span.....we're the 14th most penalized team over the decade....amongst 32 teams. SLIGHTLY more than average...as 16th would be the middle.

For you Flat Earthers out there than think the League is trying to push the Eagles through, the Eagles ranked 15th in most penalties, also slightly more than average, and practically identical to us.

And the other team "the refs love to help" ...the Chiefs...we're the 13th most penalized...so more penalized than us

13, 14, 15

Dallas, Philly, KC, all the same. With Dallas sandwiched right between the 2 teams you all think are being assisted by refs.

All the same.
All the same.

Whining about whining about penalties.

Inception.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I saw poor officiating all day long yesterday when the Cowboys did not play. So I know it's not my bias for the Cowboys that makes me believe the refs are doing a poor job. The refs are just not good. This professional league deserves better. It's way past due for the commish to fix this.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"You all?" Lazy.
Anyone with a quarter brain knows the officiating is beyond inconsistent. It needs too be fixed because games are blatantly being affected. It doesn't have to equate to an Alien conspiracy to understand it sucks and ruins the game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

And the other team "the refs love to help" ...the Chiefs...were the 13th most penalized...so more penalized than us

13, 14, 15

All the same.
All the same.

I don’t think they’re crooked, just are making a lot of mistakes this year. Seems like it anyway. No excuses for the Cowboys as they need to clean up their mistakes.

aikemirv

Reaction score
"You all?" Lazy.
Anyone with a quarter brain knows the officiating is beyond inconsistent. It needs too be fixed because games are blatantly being affected. It doesn't have to equate to an Alien conspiracy to understand it sucks and ruins the game.
yep last nights game was significantly affected by a blown late hit non-call on Herbert- Should have been first and goal at the one and instead it is 3rd and 19. In the Jax/Hou game the refs were blatant against Houston after blowing a missed PI call against Houston that gave them a TD

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Our history includes two memorable plays in playoffs recently. The dez catch that was overturned. And the game where game ended when the refs took 10 seconds to move the ball three inches. Tough to overlook those things.

We might be middle of pack in terms of calls but should we really be much better if the refs would call it right? I think so.

Then you get teams that get all the calls their way like in the eagles / bills game. Makes you really wonder if there are other forces at work.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

13, 14, 15

All the same.
All the same.

It’s not about how many penalties it’s about when they are called.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beat the team and the refs. By that, I mean you have to be good enough to overcome some bad calls or non calls.
Regardless of what any fans thinks is biased or not.
Just be good enough.

Bagman

Reaction score

13, 14, 15

All the same.
All the same.

Learn this, know this and live this. Its NOT THE PENALTIES. IT'S THE NON PENALTIES that have changed Philly's fortune. Their Oline and DBs get leeway that other teams simply don't get. So you can stop counting penalties.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Since you are doing all the research..can your next research paper be on when the penalties where called and also non penalties called. Without having to add the entire story I could convince people Troy Hambrick was the best RB we've ever had.

mote

Reaction score
Our history includes two memorable plays in playoffs recently. The dez catch that was overturned. And the game where game ended when the refs took 10 seconds to move the ball three inches. Tough to overlook those things.

We might be middle of pack in terms of calls but should we really be much better if the refs would call it right? I think so.

Then you get teams that get all the calls their way like in the eagles / bills game. Makes you really wonder if there are other forces at work.
Let's conveniently forget to mention the PI call that wasn't called against the Cowboys in the Detroit game immediately prior to the Dez catch game. You just made the exact case the original OP constructed. Dallas advanced in large part due to that call, but obviously since it favored the Cowboys, it was the correct call!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I saw poor officiating all day long yesterday when the Cowboys did not play. So I know it's not my bias for the Cowboys that makes me believe the refs are doing a poor job. The refs are just not good. This professional league deserves better. It's way past due for the commish to fix this.
This I can get down with. They are bad across the board. Well said. I don’t get down with conspiracies

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Let's conveniently forget to mention the PI call that wasn't called against the Cowboys in the Detroit game immediately prior to the Dez catch game. You just made the exact case the original OP constructed. Dallas advanced in large part due to that call, but obviously since it favored the Cowboys, it was the correct call!

Lol I love when people reference this stupid clip, as if Pettigrew didn't grab Hitchens' facemask earlier in the route. At worst, that's offsetting.

I also love when people reference this as if it supercedes the 50 other calls.

mote

Reaction score
Lol I love when people reference this stupid clip, as if Pettigrew didn't grab Hitchens' facemask earlier in the route. At worst, that's offsetting.

I also love when people reference this as if it doesn't undermine the 50 other calls.
Point made for a second time in the same thread. Thank you.