Whining about Penalties

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of curiosity....I went and looked at the last 10 years of Penalty Rankings.

When you average the rankings out over that span.....we're the 14th most penalized team over the decade....amongst 32 teams. SLIGHTLY more than average...as 16th would be the middle.

For you Flat Earthers out there than think the League is trying to push the Eagles through, the Eagles ranked 15th in most penalties, also slightly more than average, and practically identical to us.

And the other team "the refs love to help" ...the Chiefs...were the 13th most penalized...so more penalized than us

13, 14, 15

Dallas, Philly, KC, all the same. With Dallas sandwiched right between the 2 teams you all think are being assisted by refs.

All the same.
All the same.

But...but...but....but The Refs!

LOL. The refs...crooked as ever! (Well, since 1995 that is)

:p :D
Cowboys:

2021 1st most penalized
2022 10th most
2023 3rd most

Eagles
2021 13th
2023 20th
2023 28th

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This I can get down with. They are bad across the board. Well said. I don’t get down with conspiracies
Out of curiosity....I went and looked at the last 10 years of Penalty Rankings.

When you average the rankings out over that span.....we're the 14th most penalized team over the decade....amongst 32 teams. SLIGHTLY more than average...as 16th would be the middle.

For you Flat Earthers out there than think the League is trying to push the Eagles through, the Eagles ranked 15th in most penalties, also slightly more than average, and practically identical to us.

And the other team "the refs love to help" ...the Chiefs...were the 13th most penalized...so more penalized than us

13, 14, 15

Dallas, Philly, KC, all the same. With Dallas sandwiched right between the 2 teams you all think are being assisted by refs.

All the same.
All the same.

But...but...but....but The Refs!

LOL. The refs...crooked as ever! (Well, since 1995 that is)

:p :D
Big difference between conspiracy and individual bias.

I'm skeptical about conspiracy; However, all humans have some bias.

There was a website/blog a few years ago that showed were NFL refs were from. A large percentage were from the Northeast.

In college, the majority were from the South and West.

NFL headquarters is obviously in the Northeast.

Situational penalties are a bigger issue to me than total penalty stats. i.e. Penalties in the redzone are more impact full than mid-field penalties, etc..

Flamma

Reaction score
The refs should come out of a separate tunnel. It should look like a cave entrance.