News: Whitlock 160 Million was a mistake

My3Sons

Reaction score
https://www.theblaze.com/fearless/oped/whitlock-dak-prescott-contract-mistake

Dallas’ $40-million-a-year quarterback is worth half as much as Brady but is paid twice as much as the seven-time Super Bowl champion. At age 45 and entering his 23rd season, Brady charged the Bucs $15 million this season for his services.

Good read. Dak was never worth this contract. Jerry was bidding against no-one and way overpaid for a QB that is at best average and coming off a big injury.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I like Whitlock, but he is out of touch on this one. The bigger issue is jerry was sold on Dak as a franchise QB and waked the deal in himself.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
For a businessman Jerry Jones lets the media impact his decisions. Remember when the guy had to be talked out of taking manziel.

The media isn't his friend, they want to see him fail. But Jerry Jones let them dictate what he did with dak and its backfiring now.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course it was. They purposefully rolling over 20million to help offset daks 50million cap hit next year. Instead of offensive skill positions being a strength, its a total weakness. and while the defense held a talented bucs team to 19, it really could have been worse.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry was bidding against no-one and way overpaid for a QB that is at best average and coming off a big injury.

This is a fallacy I see too often. Yes, Jerry may have been able to get Dak for 30ish million a year if he had a little more negotiation savvy (he has none and gets hosed routinely), but I guarantee that another team would have snapped him up for something in the 30-35 million range. Washington, Denver, LA, SF, Miami, and other teams would have been in on Dak at the time.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

Dallas’ $40-million-a-year quarterback is worth half as much as Brady but is paid twice as much as the seven-time Super Bowl champion. At age 45 and entering his 23rd season, Brady charged the Bucs $15 million this season for his services.

Good read. Dak was never worth this contract. Jerry was bidding against no-one and way overpaid for a QB that is at best average and coming off a big injury.

Great read and on point

RS12

Reaction score
And for this infinite wisdom he makes how much a year?

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
This is a fallacy I see too often. Yes, Jerry may have been able to get Dak for 30ish million a year if he had a little more negotiation savvy (he has none and gets hosed routinely), but I guarantee that another team would have snapped him up for something in the 30-35 million range. Washington, Denver, LA, SF, Miami, and other teams would have been in on Dak at the time.
Only teams with bad GMs would make that move

zerofill

Reaction score
Just sayin...

PydRti8.png

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We knew that BEFORE Dak got his contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Why does every prognosticator compare Dak to Brady.

no one is Brady.

It's unfair to compare anybody else to Brady.

A