News: Whitlock 160 Million was a mistake

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not true. That money gets rolled over and has to be spent. Jerry does not get to keep it. The salary cap comes w/ a salary minimum.
No, there is a cap floor that every team has to spend in cash...

With that said, an $8.5B franchise should use it's resources to win when it has the window...rolling over is not a solution.

When Jerry says "when they are talking about us we have done our job", it tells you.absolutely everything you need to know. Where our priorities.

This is not about Dak, this is about the cowboys organization. We have been here in this very state for 28+ years....

lukin2006

Reaction score
Giving Prescott and Elliot those contracts have set this team back years…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, there is. Keep it to sign Diggs, Lamb, Parsons, players such as that. They were smart not to spend it this year.
Why on earth would be thinking about re-signing them? What have they done? Parsons I get. He's looking to be a generational talent. And we're hoping the same for Diggs. But I could careless if they lose Lamb.

Not only that but re-signing those guys are YEARS AWAY. What fool tries to win later in a win now league? It makes no sense. You have a high priced QB and RB and worried about 3 years from now....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Giving Prescott and Elliot those contracts have set this team back years…
That's a lie. They have 20 million in cap space right now. If they didnt re-sign them they would've just used that money on La'El Collins and Jaylon Smith. If anything those contracts allowed them to rid themselves of deadweight.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or, your attention span rivals a gnats!!! It was all over the news at the time.

Seriously, accusing someone of lying is cheap, quite cowardly.
Or you could simply back your claim with facts or articles.....instead, you do nothing but attack our attention span lol.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Why on earth would be thinking about re-signing them? What have they done? Parsons I get. He's looking to be a generational talent. And we're hoping the same for Diggs. But I could careless if they lose Lamb.

Not only that but re-signing those guys are YEARS AWAY. What fool tries to win later in a win now league? It makes no sense. You have a high priced QB and RB and worried about 3 years from now....
The Emperor has no clothes sir. After what Jones and co. did this off-season it looks like they care more about the relevance and publicity/marketing of the team than a championship. If you are really after a championship then you keep the league's #1 offense together for another year...with an improved defense and you make another run. But they didn't do that...which means that they are not really all in on win now...and meanwhile the window for Prescott begins to close. To give him another huge payday absent some playoff skins would be simply outrageous...even for Jones.

They seem more content with perennial winning seasons (being competitive) than anything bigger. They can sell hope...over and over and over again because they are eternal optimists (at least Jerry is).

They blew this up big time. But they've also shown just how much they really care about the trophy room. They don't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Emperor has no clothes sir. After what Jones and co. did this off-season it looks like they care more about the relevance and publicity/marketing of the team than a championship. If you are really after a championship then you keep the league's #1 offense together for another year...with an improved defense and you make another run. But they didn't do that...which means that they are not really all in on win now...and meanwhile the window for Prescott begins to close. To give him another huge payday absent some playoff skins would be simply outrageous...even for Jones.

They blew this up big time. But they've also shown just how much they really care about the trophy room. They don't.
If they cared about relevance though they would've wasted money on Bobby Wagner and Von Miller. I think its worst than that. I think they think what they are doing is going to win football games and that's scary.