Who are some dark horses at 26?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We are in that dead space, pre combine/fa. We talked about possible favorites at 26, who are some dark horses for the pick?

Safety-Branch/Johnson
Linebacker-Simpson
DT-Kancey
DE-Nolan Smith, Keion White, Tuipulotu
OL-Harrison, Schmitz

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll be honest Blood, I wasn't feeling any of ya first 4..........until I just came across this
my problem with ya the first 4 are more positional than players. I'm using 26 on my highest grade CB, OG/T, or WR ( Gallup has an out in his deal after 2023)

Here's my pet cat........I'll take him in 2nd. He probably won't make it to our 3rd.

tm1119

Reaction score
Of the WR’s not talked about a lot, I can see Kayshon Boutte sneak into the back end of the 1st because of his talent. Could be us if WR isn’t addressed before the draft

Luke Musgrave is a weapon at TE, could fit the BPA pass catcher

And Sydney Brown S from Syracuse is a Swiss Army knife stud in the secondary

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Of the WR’s not talked about a lot, I can see Kayshon Boutte sneak into the back end of the 1st because of his talent. Could be us if WR isn’t addressed before the draft

Luke Musgrave is a weapon at TE, could fit the BPA pass catcher

And Sydney Brown S from Syracuse is a Swiss Army knife stud in the secondary
4 TE's could go in rd 1, but don't see it. Boutee is the Kelvin Joseph of the class, 1st rd talent, but character will have him taken in rd 2.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll be honest Blood, I wasn't feeling any of ya first 4..........until I just came across this
my problem with ya the first 4 are more positional than players. I'm using 26 on my highest grade CB, OG/T, or WR ( Gallup has an out in his deal after 2023)

Here's my pet cat........I'll take him in 2nd. He probably won't make it to our 3rd.

Darn.......forgot to post him. Here he is ........lol

Carson

Reaction score
I really think Keion White will be the pick at 26. He likely will skyrocket after the combine … but he’s what the team values. Athletic freak, 285 pounds, can rush the passer and can shift inside in certain formations.

My money is on White at 26.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Breese - if he falls fits the quick twitch 3T mold.

Avila - could see them reaching for need…again.

Stevenson - if the CB bird gets wiped and they want a CB round 1 he fits the size / length threshold.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My dark horse if John Michael Schmitz Center

I can see the Cowboys drafting a Tackle or a Center, but not a Guard in rd 1 as these positions are far more valued. Biaz is a fa after the season, Schmitz can start at Guard in a pinch.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Breese - if he falls fits the quick twitch 3T mold.

Avila - could see them reaching for need…again.

Stevenson - if the CB bird gets wiped and they want a CB round 1 he fits the size / length threshold.
We see corners always get pushed up every year. Can't see Avilia that high, but I know the Cowboys like him. Breese is a good one, nobody has brought up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
My dark horse if John Michael Schmitz Center

I can see the Cowboys drafting a Tackle or a Center, but not a Guard in rd 1 as these positions are far more valued. Biaz is a fa after the season, Schmitz can start at Guard in a pinch.
If he or Tyler can play LG I’d be fine with him. He’s a 1st rounder.

I’d take him over a RB 10 times out of 10.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are in that dead space, pre combine/fa. We talked about possible favorites at 26, who are some dark horses for the pick?

Safety-Branch/Johnson
Linebacker-Simpson
DT-Kancey
DE-Nolan Smith, Keion White, Tuipulotu
OL-Harrison, Schmitz
I actually dont see Tuipulotu as a dark horse at all. I think he is a leading contender. I dont see him as DE at all, he is a 3T and USC guy @KingintheNorth agrees. He fits a Quinn almost perfectly as a 3T that can also play the 4i

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I worry about his as a receiver, see him more as a 2nd rd prospect.
Yea.......2nd is the earliest. I see three immediate impacts this kid brings on day one...
  • run game
  • huge mismatch in short range area ( 10-15 yards )
  • redzone monster
Notice AJ Brown size/physicality makes him unstoppable on short passes.

RS12

Reaction score
Duggan is apparently a better athlete than advertised. Broaddus thought they would have interest in Nolan Smith.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Clark Phillips III. I know some will question his size but he's a SPARQie player who's going to test well and may be the best pure cover corner in the draft. Watch how he handles Smith-Njigba and Stroud in the 2022 Rose Bowl and how well he matched up with Jordan Addison. He's a true student of the game who has the athletic prowess and dawg disposition to play early in the league. I'll hear the normal spill about DQ only liking "long" corners while he continues to successfully deploy 5-10 J. Lewis, 5-11 A. Brown, and 6-0 D. Bland and his "long" corners Joseph and Wright ride the bench.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea.......2nd is the earliest. I see three immediate impacts this kid brings on day one...
  • run game
  • huge mismatch in short range area ( 10-15 yards )
  • redzone monster
Notice AJ Brown size/physicality makes him unstoppable on short passes.
He reminds me of Marty B, more of a #2 TE who is a better blocker then a receiver. Will MM use a lot of 12 personnel? You would need to if you drafted Washington.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I actually dont see Tuipulotu as a dark horse at all. I think he is a leading contender. I dont see him as DE at all, he is a 3T and USC guy @KingintheNorth agrees. He fits a Quinn almost perfectly as a 3T that can also play the 4i
He is a dark horse with on this board, I agree he is worthy of the pick, but wouldn't say he is a leading contender. In my opinion, outside of corner, this is going to be a heavy offensive draft as they have big holes across the board, defense will be more about tweaking it.