Who are some dark horses at 26?

rambo2

Reaction score
We are in that dead space, pre combine/fa. We talked about possible favorites at 26, who are some dark horses for the pick?

Safety-Branch/Johnson
Linebacker-Simpson
DT-Kancey
DE-Nolan Smith, Keion White, Tuipulotu
OL-Harrison, Schmitz
My dark horse is Andrew Vorhees. He isn't even in Brugler's top 100 right now. I suspect that he will be moving up.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It's a little trite to say, but whoever blows up the Combine. Dallas is huge into drafting early-round workout warriors.

As far as Day 2 super-athletes who could rise, I would look at Mazi Smith and Will McDonald. Kayshon Boutte screams Cowboys 2nd rounder, but may end up being our 1st with a Justin Jefferson-esque workout.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
It's a little trite to say, but whoever blows up the Combine. Dallas is huge into drafting early-round workout warriors.

As far as Day 2 super-athletes who could rise, I would look at Mazi Smith and Will McDonald. Kayshon Boutte screams Cowboys 2nd rounder, but may end up being our 1st with a huge workout.
I don’t think we will draft him but I absolutely LOVE Will McDonald. One of the few burst / bend edge prospects with high end production.

A little light, but long arms and has surprising power as he played base end in a 3 man down front.

I could see him going 1st round.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

As far as Day 2 super-athletes who could rise, I would look at Mazi Smith and Will McDonald. Kayshon Boutte screams Cowboys 2nd rounder, but may end up being our 1st with a Justin Jefferson-esque workout.
Funny, I feel the same about Boutte, is fits their 2nd rd pick to a tee. 1st rd talent slips cause of character concerns.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I worry about his as a receiver, see him more as a 2nd rd prospect.
True but Mr. Washington helps our running game. I could see him being used like Bennett was but we don’t have Witten to block his receiving time. I wouldn’t hate the pick.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Washington, Meyer, Allen, Thomas and Ringo would be my dark horse picks.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
We are in that dead space, pre combine/fa. We talked about possible favorites at 26, who are some dark horses for the pick?

Safety-Branch/Johnson
Linebacker-Simpson
DT-Kancey
DE-Nolan Smith, Keion White, Tuipulotu
OL-Harrison, Schmitz
Kancey. And it all comes down to his measurements.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Clark Phillips III. I know some will question his size but he's a SPARQie player who's going to test well and may be the best pure cover corner in the draft. Watch how he handles Smith-Njigba and Stroud in the 2022 Rose Bowl and how well he matched up with Jordan Addison. He's a true student of the game who has the athletic prowess and dawg disposition to play early in the league. I'll hear the normal spill about DQ only liking "long" corners while he continues to successfully deploy 5-10 J. Lewis, 5-11 A. Brown, and 6-0 D. Bland and his "long" corners Joseph and Wright ride the bench.
Clark Phillips is a gamer. For sure. Jumps off the screen to me.