Who are the Dawgs on the Cowboys?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Guyton and Beebe? Dudes haven't played a snap in a real game. Let's see how they do against Garrett and Company Week 1 ..... if they're allowed to get on the field.

And as others have said, Parsons is where you start when you talk about dawgs and this team. Not sure how he's not in the convo.
You should read the op before replying as I said those 2 are potentials. Parsons is not a Dawg IMO. I don’t see the fire in him other than trying to get sacks. He still has a chance as he matures, but right now he’s just a wannabe pup.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
REQkcHL.gif
You obviously have no clue what a Dawg is. But play on.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Right now i dont see dawgs on the team....
But a lot of fake wanne bes

Nearest dawg for me would be rt steele. ferguson looks also like one.

On defense we lack real players bad:

Dflaw is the antonym of a dawg. All business and establishing his brand. A cancer to this team. Some people fall for him because he knows how to put his better plays into spotlight. But then disappears for 3 games.

Next man up is parsons. The 30-minute-man does everything in his podcast. Thats it. Has all the talent but his head is not where it needs to be. And the way it looks it never will be.

No nastiness. Disapears when it counts. Dont misinterpret being stupid and getting destroyed by double team Blocks as being hard nosed.

Wilson a dawg? Maybe idk right now. Like the way he Hits. But hitting is not what it needs to be a dawg.

Brax

Reaction score
A “Dawg” is a player that puts winning as the only goal. Highly competitive. A player that refuses to give up even in the darkest hours. A player with a nasty edge to his game. A player that’s not going to back down. Gives 100% the entire game.

I think the Cowboys have a few “Dawgs”. Ferguson is the first that comes to mind. He gives it all and plays with some nasty. Dak is certainly a Dawg. He never gives up and gives it his all 100% of the time. Doesn’t back down from opposing players. He’s out there right now practicing in training camp and hasn’t missed an OTA or mini-camp. He could be holding out like many others are right now. On the offensive line, they have 2 currently and 2 on the way. Martin and Tyler Smith both fit the definition. Smith is 332 lbs of nasty. Not afraid of anything and is just getting started. He recently said what he like about Tyler Guyton, one of the 2 up and coming Dawgs, is his nastiness. He said he likes to play that way as well. And then there’s Beebe. He justs likes destroying opposing players. Just physically dominating them. I’ll give Brandin Cooks an honorable mention. Love his game.

On the defensive side? Before the GB game I would’ve given Lawrence serious consideration but his comment about them being tired after the game ended that. Bland could be on the cusp. He needs to show some leadership still yet. Show some emotion. Overshown shows potential but he hasn’t even played yet. Sad to say, I don’t see any real Dawgs on defense. They have some great players, but haven’t shown any passion or toughness or competitiveness.

Bottom line is the more of these type players you have, the better chance you have of winning. Cowboys need some on defense. Time will tell if any of the youngsters will qualify.
Dak’s a DOG not a dawg, get it right. By your own first paragraph of what a dawg is Dak isn’t one of those thing, a dog yes and he’s proven it his whole career

NotForLong

Reaction score
A “Dawg” is a player that puts winning as the only goal. Highly competitive. A player that refuses to give up even in the darkest hours. A player with a nasty edge to his game. A player that’s not going to back down. Gives 100% the entire game.

I think the Cowboys have a few “Dawgs”. Ferguson is the first that comes to mind. He gives it all and plays with some nasty. Dak is certainly a Dawg. He never gives up and gives it his all 100% of the time. Doesn’t back down from opposing players. He’s out there right now practicing in training camp and hasn’t missed an OTA or mini-camp. He could be holding out like many others are right now. On the offensive line, they have 2 currently and 2 on the way. Martin and Tyler Smith both fit the definition. Smith is 332 lbs of nasty. Not afraid of anything and is just getting started. He recently said what he like about Tyler Guyton, one of the 2 up and coming Dawgs, is his nastiness. He said he likes to play that way as well. And then there’s Beebe. He justs likes destroying opposing players. Just physically dominating them. I’ll give Brandin Cooks an honorable mention. Love his game.

On the defensive side? Before the GB game I would’ve given Lawrence serious consideration but his comment about them being tired after the game ended that. Bland could be on the cusp. He needs to show some leadership still yet. Show some emotion. Overshown shows potential but he hasn’t even played yet. Sad to say, I don’t see any real Dawgs on defense. They have some great players, but haven’t shown any passion or toughness or competitiveness.

Bottom line is the more of these type players you have, the better chance you have of winning. Cowboys need some on defense. Time will tell if any of the youngsters will qualify.
I know a few biatches . . . The leader is one

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My dawgs would be Bland, D Wilson, Martin and Ferguson. I think those guys are dawgs. Odiggyziggyzuu would also be a dawg. Forgot about him.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Beebe and Guyton have that nastiness streak which is important for the OL position and I m sure both will be okay after 3-4 games.

Fergusson definitely has shown promise , I hope that rubs in for all TEs and we need another “dawg” in WR corps , may be Flourney .

But D side , we need some real Dawgs , hope Mazi becomes one , Sam Williams finally comes around. Hope the improved line backer corps play will help.

These things help toughen up this team , which has the history of folding when smashed in the mouth.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Beebe and Guyton have that nastiness streak which is important for the OL position and I m sure both will be okay after 3-4 games.

Fergusson definitely has shown promise , I hope that rubs in for all TEs and we need another “dawg” in WR corps , may be Flourney .

But D side , we need some real Dawgs , hope Mazi becomes one , Sam Williams finally comes around. Hope the improved line backer corps play will help.

These things help toughen up this team , which has the history of folding when smashed in the mouth.
True but rookies can’t be dawgs.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Jake Ferguson and DaRon Bland are probably my favorite players on the team. I like Tyler Smith a LOT too.

I can see those traits in those guys.