Who are the Dawgs on the Cowboys?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You should read the op before replying as I said those 2 are potentials. Parsons is not a Dawg IMO. I don’t see the fire in him other than trying to get sacks. He still has a chance as he matures, but right now he’s just a wannabe pup.
I saw Parsons as a dawg his first couple of seasons but it seems as if the soft culture has gotten to him.

One thing about Parsons is that as great as he is, he is not a punisher. More often than not he'll wrap up the QB and softly bring him down. That may not be a bad thing with the way the game is called but sometimes you've got to get the QB looking out the ear hole of his helmet.

I don't see Dak as a dawg. Maybe a Golden Retriever but definitely not a working line German Shepherd.

pitt33

Reaction score
...Dak,..for me is that dawg. The guy is resilient for challenges, stoic for making things better. It's just sad he can't a break when it really counts. Cooks also a mentionable
Dak has the furthest thing from a dawg mentality.

He folds up like a cheap suit when the pressure mounts. These so called dawg players don’t do that.

I don’t feel sad for him at all.

I feel bad for the fandom that has to sit through season after season with quarterbacks like him under center.

He just doesn’t have it.

I’ll be so glad when the Dak era is over.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak has the furthest thing from a dawg mentality.

He folds up like a cheap suit when the pressure mounts. These so called dawg players don’t do that.

I don’t feel sad for him at all.

I feel bad for the fandom that has to sit through season after season with quarterbacks like him under center.

He just doesn’t have it.

I’ll be so glad when the Dak era is over.
Bingo!
And that's all this thread was; just another way for Rock to promote Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seriously? The same cat that was too "tired" in the first playoff game?

Ferguson is Dawg #1 on this team......
Ehh I don’t think dog when I seen Ferg…..but right now I don’t think anyone on offense is a dog after what I just saw. Dawgs get tired too. I ain’t gonna question he’s shown it for years.

Praxit

Reaction score
Micah isn’t a dog?? Do you watch the Cowboys play football? One of his most impressive traits is endless motor, he doesn’t give up on plays & puts in 110% effort.
..yeah, that paycheck is all the reason wheeling that motor. ;)..

aikemirv

Reaction score
My dawgs would be Bland, D Wilson, Martin and Ferguson. I think those guys are dawgs. Odiggyziggyzuu would also be a dawg. Forgot about him.
Wilson was pre injury - did not see much of it last year> Martin was not last year either

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You should read the op before replying as I said those 2 are potentials. Parsons is not a Dawg IMO. I don’t see the fire in him other than trying to get sacks. He still has a chance as he matures, but right now he’s just a wannabe pup.
I read your OP but you base who you think is a dawg on having played in the NFL then cite 2 "potentials" who haven't played a snap in the NFL. Your definition of dawg also doesn't include that the player actually gets the job done at a high level. Anyone can be a try-hard. It's another thing to have that effort register at the NFL level. That's where I'm coming from. Including them is like the hype surrounding John Ridgeway, the Vanilla Gorilla. Remember him? Or Mazi saying he likes to hit people like he said last year. Those all came out in the wash didn't they? Everyone's a potential dawg according to someone's eye test. I'll take results, thank you. And yes, I know I'm entitled to my opinion, lol.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Micah isn’t a dog?? Do you watch the Cowboys play football? One of his most impressive traits is endless motor, he doesn’t give up on plays & puts in 110% effort.

People reduce what Micah does on the field because they don't like that he has a podcast and talks a lot on twitter.

They like to pretend that it's somehow a burden to have one of the best pass rushers in the NFL on your team. "Yeah, he pressure the QB every snap, but have you heard about his podcast?!?!?"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I read your OP but you base who you think is a dawg on having played in the NFL then cite 2 "potentials" who haven't played a snap in the NFL. Your definition of dawg also doesn't include that the player actually gets the job done at a high level. Anyone can be a try-hard. It's another thing to have that effort register at the NFL level. That's where I'm coming from. Including them is like the hype surrounding John Ridgeway, the Vanilla Gorilla. Remember him? Or Mazi saying he likes to hit people like he said last year. Those all came out in the wash didn't they? Everyone's a potential dawg according to someone's eye test. I'll take results, thank you. And yes, I know I'm entitled to my opinion, lol.
I said potentially because they’re just rookies.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They don't draft dawgs. That one reason why for being a talented team they are still very mentally fragile. The last guy who showed emotion/passion got called a diva by many here. Now you have the hotboys runnin the show.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wilson was pre injury - did not see much of it last year> Martin was not last year either
You don’t seem to understand what a dawg is. You are either a dawg or your aren’t. You never lose the dawg once you show it is in you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
They don't draft dawgs. That one reason why for being a talented team they are still very mentally fragile. The last guy who showed emotion/passion got called a diva by many here. Now you have the hotboys runnin the show.
I think CB might be a dawg. I would bet on it.

bewp7

Reaction score
none

just a bunch of podcaster and dude more interested in louis vuitton girl purses then showing up for the playoff

Havic

Reaction score
Any of the bubble players putting everything on the line just to make the team

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
A “Dawg” is a player that puts winning as the only goal. Highly competitive. A player that refuses to give up even in the darkest hours. A player with a nasty edge to his game. A player that’s not going to back down. Gives 100% the entire game.

I think the Cowboys have a few “Dawgs”. Ferguson is the first that comes to mind. He gives it all and plays with some nasty. Dak is certainly a Dawg. He never gives up and gives it his all 100% of the time. Doesn’t back down from opposing players. He’s out there right now practicing in training camp and hasn’t missed an OTA or mini-camp. He could be holding out like many others are right now. On the offensive line, they have 2 currently and 2 on the way. Martin and Tyler Smith both fit the definition. Smith is 332 lbs of nasty. Not afraid of anything and is just getting started. He recently said what he like about Tyler Guyton, one of the 2 up and coming Dawgs, is his nastiness. He said he likes to play that way as well. And then there’s Beebe. He justs likes destroying opposing players. Just physically dominating them. I’ll give Brandin Cooks an honorable mention. Love his game.

On the defensive side? Before the GB game I would’ve given Lawrence serious consideration but his comment about them being tired after the game ended that. Bland could be on the cusp. He needs to show some leadership still yet. Show some emotion. Overshown shows potential but he hasn’t even played yet. Sad to say, I don’t see any real Dawgs on defense. They have some great players, but haven’t shown any passion or toughness or competitiveness.

Bottom line is the more of these type players you have, the better chance you have of winning. Cowboys need some on defense. Time will tell if any of the youngsters will qualify.
Meow

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
A “Dawg” is a player that puts winning as the only goal. Highly competitive. A player that refuses to give up even in the darkest hours. A player with a nasty edge to his game. A player that’s not going to back down. Gives 100% the entire game.

I think the Cowboys have a few “Dawgs”. Ferguson is the first that comes to mind. He gives it all and plays with some nasty. Dak is certainly a Dawg. He never gives up and gives it his all 100% of the time. Doesn’t back down from opposing players. He’s out there right now practicing in training camp and hasn’t missed an OTA or mini-camp. He could be holding out like many others are right now. On the offensive line, they have 2 currently and 2 on the way. Martin and Tyler Smith both fit the definition. Smith is 332 lbs of nasty. Not afraid of anything and is just getting started. He recently said what he like about Tyler Guyton, one of the 2 up and coming Dawgs, is his nastiness. He said he likes to play that way as well. And then there’s Beebe. He justs likes destroying opposing players. Just physically dominating them. I’ll give Brandin Cooks an honorable mention. Love his game.

On the defensive side? Before the GB game I would’ve given Lawrence serious consideration but his comment about them being tired after the game ended that. Bland could be on the cusp. He needs to show some leadership still yet. Show some emotion. Overshown shows potential but he hasn’t even played yet. Sad to say, I don’t see any real Dawgs on defense. They have some great players, but haven’t shown any passion or toughness or competitiveness.

Bottom line is the more of these type players you have, the better chance you have of winning. Cowboys need some on defense. Time will tell if any of the youngsters will qualify.
Rowdy???