Who are the most overrated players on this team?

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Just off the top of my head: Scandrick, Sean Lee, Martellus Bennet, and I might even throw Josh Price-Brent in there.

Remember, to be overrated they have to be at best mediocre and hyped by the fan base.

The Natural

Reaction score
TheRat;4061576 said:
Just off the top of my head: Scandrick, Sean Lee, Martellus Bennet, and I might even throw Josh Price-Brent in there.

Remember, to be overrated they have to be at best mediocre and hyped by the fan base.

I haven't read many good things about these guys by most of the posters on this site.

As for me I say Spencer.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't see Lee or Bennett as mediocre. Bennett blocks too well to be mediocre and is a #2 TE to be over-hyped. He just hasn't met your (and mine) expectations. If he was the #1 TE, then you'd have a point.

YR

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Bradie James, Spencer and Lee for me. Every time I watch the Steelers defense I drool over their LBs. They are so much more diverse and physical then Dallas' LBs. I cant remember the last time one of our LBs outside Ware was able to win a one on one match up to get to the quarterback. To me, watching these guys get stoned at the LOS is as painful as watching Julius Jones run into the back of his offensive linemen.

I think expectations of what Bennett is are higher then they should be. He is a blocking TE, he is never going to be another Jason Witten in the passing game. To me he is like a Daniel Graham type player.

silver

Reaction score
Arkin and Costa. Put away the anointing oil for those two already.

Stautner

Reaction score
TheRat;4061576 said:

Who is overrating Bennett? The only thing I ever read that is positive about him is he is an outstanding athlete, but most everyone seems pretty down on him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheRat;4061576 said:

I believe Bennett can't be in that list. He squashed all the hype he ever had over the last two years. :laugh2:

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4061586 said:
I don't see Lee or Bennett as mediocre. Bennett blocks too well to be mediocre and is a #2 TE to be over-hyped. He just hasn't met your (and mine) expectations. If he was the #1 TE, then you'd have a point.

YR
What about Lee? What has he done?

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Stautner;4061592 said:
Who is overrating Bennett? The only thing I ever read that is positive about him is he is an outstanding athlete, but most everyone seems pretty down on him.
Well I guess people in the media were saying how good he looked in practice. I guess the last couple of preseason games put an end to that.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Marty B. The guy just can't keep his head in the game when the lights are on.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
None of the players the OP named are "overrated"

They are rated right where they should be.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4061608 said:
Marty B. The guy just can't keep his head in the game when the lights are on.
That may be true but who is overrating him?